Author Topic: The evidence against Billy Mitchell [outdated version]  (Read 25229 times)

Offline Bounty Bob

• Awards
Re: The evidence against Billy Mitchell
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2019, 03:07:27 am »
Spoken to a member of Team Billy yesterday, and apparently there's some new evidence and a law suit under way.
I am still highly skeptic, but interesting to see where this leads..
Can't wait to see what they come up with but I'm not holding my breath on this one. I suspect they will complain about the striking of the Pac-Man score. Hard to see how they cab seriously dispute the DK ones.
Member for 8 Years DK Killscreener

Offline francoisadt

• Awards
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2019, 11:45:28 am »
It would be quite a pity party if Billy Mitchell goes to court.
On the contrary.. just for fun..

It reminds me of an incident a few years back ....

A prominent director of a company kill his wife in his hotel room, setup a look-a-like suicide attempt by herself just to be able continue with his affair. He ends up in jail and still claim he is innocent.

Sometimes people that appears to be "high up" in society can become so arrogant that when they get caught of
wrong doing, which cost them their place in society, they continue believe their own lies regardless of the facts and truth
show otherwise.

I think he is better continue entertain people on twitch and youtube and selling "Billy Mitchell Popcorn"/
Anyone that have bought the Billy Pop machine? I wonder if this will be patented.

Oh yes before I forgot ...be aware if you wants to sell a "Billy Pop Machine" or use one to sell popcorn
Billy may sue you he was first showing it youtube ! It could cost you your first million bucks..
Member for 10 Years

Offline RTM

• Awards
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2019, 03:39:58 am »
I wanted to share this one tidbit from the original two million point scores from Billy and Steve from way back in 2004. I annotated these two in exhausting detail, far more than any other performances, and here are some key statistics from their respective 1.014M and 1.006M performances.

In short, Billy received a higher percentage of high-value smashes than Steve even though he did less smashing than Steve did...that's because Billy's performance contained more jumping. However he still statistically achieved a much higher percentage. Make of this what you will.

Member for 8 Years

Offline RTM

• Awards
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2019, 03:49:38 am »
One more point, if I may...

"BUT BILLY JUST REDID THOSE SCORES, SO HE'S PROVEN HE'S LEGIT." - After the dispute, Billy began streaming Donkey Kong on Twitch. Over the course of months, he eventually scored an even one million, before "duplicating" his 1,047,200 and 1,050,200 scores.  First, it should be pointed out that neither score was actually "duplicated".  The first score actually overshot the target by 300 points due to a stray fireball, and an untimely death caused the second score to come up 100 points short.  This is noteworthy in that the original scores were meant to be demonstrations of overwhelming prowess, including the ability to hit exact scores on demand (such as getting exactly 100,000 more than Steve Wiebe).  It should also be pointed out that, unsurprisingly, the game play used was significantly different than in Billy's MAME submissions, relying now on proven strategies rather than the hope of getting absurd luck and never dying in live arcade play.  But more to the point, as with all advancements in video game play, scoring one million in the modern era of 1.2 million scores says nothing about one's ability to score one million back when that would have been a world record, back when the game and its strategies were less understood.  This is an attempt to reframe the question to one of talent: "Why would Billy cheat if he's good enough that he doesn't have to?"  The answer to that is that the cheating is simply proven, as explained above.  Perhaps, as indicated by his bizarre game play, he didn't know how to score one million at the time without chicanery.  Perhaps he knew the secrets but was unable to execute on them.  Or perhaps he was merely unable to dedicate the time and focus fairly required of his competitors to grind out a valid score.  Only Billy can explain why he chose to cheat.  All we can do is prove that he did.

RTM REPLY - this is actually most ironic !! Back when Roy Shildt's MC scores were under fire one of the exact points that I made at the time in public posts was that Roy getting a million now did not mean that he got a million back then...he may have simply got better over the past twenty years.

Considering that Roy was Billy's nemesis and how more than a decade since Roy's scores were under fire and the Bill-vs-Steve years, it is almost fittingly ironic that the very SAME statements are being made now about Bill's recent 1M performances.

Wow, talk about "what goes around comes around" !!
Member for 8 Years

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2019, 05:32:20 am »
This thread needs to be bumped up big time.
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank D DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline maximumsteve

• Elite Member
  • Mario Bros. Arcade World Record Holder.
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2019, 12:27:22 pm »
Section 1 of the Mitchell evidence file states that the 1,047,200 score was NOT a score submission. But according to the "Internet Archive" from as far back as 2006 of the Twin Galaxies website, It shows to have been Submitted AS a score submission AND Verified. Link Below...

https://web.archive.org/web/20061122...&gi=3852&vi=22
Member for 10 Years DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline ersatz_cats

• Awards
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2019, 12:55:22 pm »
Yeah, this post is definitely going to require a "Part 2" or something, to go over the nonsense in the Official Billy Mitchell Evidence Submission.  (Stuff like "i hAvE nEvEr sUbMiTtEd aNy vIdEo tApEs.") But that can wait until after all this active stuff going on right now has died down.
Member for 6 Years

dwayne

« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2019, 07:47:02 pm »
From the stuff I seen the have used alot of fraudulently made up emails and dates.  Nothing that freedom of information act can be used to prove their liars in a court of law. I would want this to go to court so its costs them alot more money for being defamatory frauds.
Dwayne

Offline maximumsteve

• Elite Member
    • Awards
Re: Footage of the 1.047 KOK Game from 2005...
« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2019, 05:59:41 am »
A screen shot from a video taken at the Classic Gaming Expo UK(CGEUK) 2005. This was on Saturday, August 13, 2005. The 1,047,200 DK game can be seen exhibited between 20 and 26 seconds into the video.
So more evidence and footage dating back even before the 2006 MTV footage with Robert T Mruczek again showing the wrong orientation, etc.. Who travels to another country, brings and exhibits this game, but doesn't want to submit it to the TG Scoreboard?? as claimed in his "evidence" package.

Offline maximumsteve

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2019, 08:23:24 am »
Additional photo from that 2005 event...

Offline ersatz_cats

• Awards
« Reply #40 on: April 12, 2020, 09:15:42 pm »
Howdy everyone!  Gosh, has it only been two years?  With the anniversary rolling back around, and with so much having happened since I wrote up this post last April (most of it tied to Billy's hilarious dumbass legal threat last September), I decided to do a full update on this post.  Unfortunately, my attempt to edit this post where it is didn't work, as the new content is too long for a single post, so I've made a new entry with the same name, using both the post body and the first reply.  Hopefully that gives me some breathing room to add any more Billy shenanigans that may come down the pike.  Most of the changes are additive, although I did take the opportunity to make a couple corrections.  It's hard to believe, there's STILL stuff I had to leave out, but all the important stuff is there.  (And yes, I've decided "grandstandingly" should be a word.)

Member for 6 Years