Author Topic: My Mr. Video Setup  (Read 3210 times)

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
My Mr. Video Setup
« on: March 13, 2019, 07:54:56 pm »
Thought I would post my direct feed setup and settings now that I have the awesome Mr. Video card. Might help people get started up quicker. I've decided to send the audio from Mr. Video straight to my PC instead of using the GV-USB2, since the GV-USB2 audio seems to glitch out after awhile.

So you only need a couple parts and a couple cables. Apart from the actual DK cab, you need:

Mr. Video card
GV-USB2 capture card
S-video cable (for video)
RCA-to-3.5mm cable (for audio)

For video:

DK PCB -> Mr. Video -> GV-USB2 -> PC

I use S-video to go from Mr. Video to GV-USB2.

For audio:

DK PCB -> Mr. Video -> PC

I use an RCA-to-3.5mm cable to go directly from Mr. Video to the mic jack on my PC.

Below are the settings I use in OBS. This should give you 60 FPS (well, 59.94, whatevs). Click "Configure Video" to get to the specific GV-USB2 settings. I haven't adjusted any of the Video Proc Amp settings or even adjusted the pots on the Mr. Video itself, so you guys might get better/different results if you want to play with that stuff. For audio, you want to make sure you mix down to Mono. I've highlighted which audio device is being used for Mr. Video below. I use Monitor and Output so I can hear the actual audio from Mr. Video in my headphones while I'm playing.

"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Member for 11 Years snek CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Sock Master

• Elite Member
    • Awards
Re: My Mr. Video Setup
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2019, 08:33:33 pm »
There's one more thing to set to make 60fps clean.  The default setting in OBS for deinterlacing is probably going to make a mess of DK's non-interlaced 240P video signal.

If you right click on GV-USB2 (or whatever you're using for video capture) and select "Deinterlacing" make sure to set it to "Yadif 2x".  This is the only setting I've found that works properly.  Even the "Disable" setting adds weird combing artifacts to moving video
« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 08:35:05 pm by Sock Master »
"Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges. I don't have to show you any stinkin' badges!"
Member for 8 Years snek Twitch Streamer