Author Topic: Need Help Making a Donkey Kong Hack  (Read 4029 times)

Offline VGA Guy

• Awards
Need Help Making a Donkey Kong Hack
« on: January 16, 2019, 09:55:31 pm »
After being inspired by D2K, Donkey Kong Remix, and Crazy Kong Part II, I decided I would like to try and make a similar hack of my own, though with a smaller scope, as I don't think I could reach the level of D2K or Remix.

I mostly just want to edit some of the levels, adding gaps you need to jump over, moving ladders to stages that didn't originally have them, and so on.
I would also like to make a new stage that is kind of a combination of all the original Donkey Kong stages with the exception of the rivet stage, I would like to make it be a new stage, but if I can't fit it I might replace the Pie Factory with it, or just try a bank switch so I can maybe add two new levels.

I have a very basic understanding of assembly, and hex editing. If you can help, or know of someone I should contact, please let me know.
Also, I only have MAME at the moment, with the Set 1 US ROMs.

Any help is welcome.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 10:41:50 pm by VGA Guy »
Member for 5 Years

Offline raulito

• Awards
Re: Need Help Making a Donkey Kong Hack
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2019, 07:09:05 am »
Try to contact with PaulGoes;he created Donkey Kong Free Run Edition,Donkey Kong Crazy Barrels Edition and Donkey Kong Reverse Edition.
Member for 6 Years

Offline raulito

• Awards
Re: Need Help Making a Donkey Kong Hack
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2019, 07:28:24 am »
After being inspired by D2K, Donkey Kong Remix, and Crazy Kong Part II, I decided I would like to try and make a similar hack of my own, though with a smaller scope, as I don't think I could reach the level of D2K or Remix.

I mostly just want to edit some of the levels, adding gaps you need to jump over, moving ladders to stages that didn't originally have them, and so on.
I would also like to make a new stage that is kind of a combination of all the original Donkey Kong stages with the exception of the rivet stage, I would like to make it be a new stage, but if I can't fit it I might replace the Pie Factory with it, or just try a bank switch so I can maybe add two new levels.

I have a very basic understanding of assembly, and hex editing. If you can help, or know of someone I should contact, please let me know.
Also, I only have MAME at the moment, with the Set 1 US ROMs.

Any help is welcome.

Try to contact with PaulGoes;he created Donkey Kong Free Run Edition,Donkey Kong Crazy Barrels Edition and Donkey Kong Reverse Edition.
Member for 6 Years