Author Topic: Rivets: Passing up the 1-4 for the 0-5  (Read 6110 times)

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
Rivets: Passing up the 1-4 for the 0-5
« on: October 07, 2018, 10:41:10 am »
OK, there is one tactic that I think would increase the odds of surviving that almost no one uses.  That's when the hammer is about to run out and you see one fireball go down the ladder, and you know you can't get another fireball, I think it might be wiser just to pass up on that fireball and not kill it.  Why? Because you get the 1-4 split.  I believe the 1-4 split is actually much harder than the 0-5 split.  You see, with the 0-5 split you can go to the left side, and wait safely without ever worrying about a fireball coming down the ladder.  I've seen too many games where the person runs out of time, or is forced into a desperation move that results in death.

Yes, the 0-5 split has it's own problems, but I still believe that it's a safer method, and may actually be a method that results in more points since you get a lot more bonus time when you finish the rivet section.

So what say you?  Is it wise to pass up on getting only one fireball when the hammer is about to run out so you can get an 0-5 split, or is hammering the lone fireball a better way in your mind?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 10:50:26 am by homerwannabee »
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank D DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline VON

• Elite Member
    • Awards
Re: Rivets: Passing up the 1-4 for the 0-5
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2018, 06:18:58 pm »
Yes, the Weave is superior to the Star.

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
Re: Rivets: Passing up the 1-4 for the 0-5
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2018, 06:26:08 pm »
Yes, the Weave is superior to the Star.
This is more of a delayed weave where you actually get the hammer, but are unsuccessful in your attempt on the bottom hammer, and then you bail out to the Weave.
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank D DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener