Author Topic: The Twin Galaxies new pricing policy, and how it relates to me, and Kong  (Read 15790 times)

Offline John73

• Awards
It's a great idea, but in all honesty for TG to take any note and change their policy, it would require a new DK Arcade record to be set and then not submitted to TG.

I'd be more interested to hear comments from Richie or Jourdan before worrying about this too much, surely they're keeping an eye on the various forums and are already well aware of how unpopular this decision is, there is a chance they will still change their minds.... i hope they change their minds. 

My gut feeling is that if they don't change plans, and quickly, something else will pop up and it will be only a matter of time before that entity trots off to Gunniess with the support of the community and that really will be the end of TG as we know it.
DK Mame 266K Level 8-6
CK Mame 559K Killscreen
Member for 11 Years CK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

corey.chambers

I am in the process of making the list now. I will be giving credit for the source of the information and including a plug for TG in case there is any problems with the new unofficial, community verified donkey kong score list.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 02:24:21 pm by corey.chambers »

Offline stella_blue

• High Score Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
    • Awards

I'd be more interested to hear comments from Richie or Jourdan before worrying about this too much, surely they're keeping an eye on the various forums and are already well aware of how unpopular this decision is, there is a chance they will still change their minds.... i hope they change their minds. 

I agree.  It's only been 3 days since TG's initial announcement.  Let's give them the opportunity to absorb and respond to feedback from the community, before we run off and form our own country.

DK High Score 
  (L22-1)
DK Level 1-1 
DK No Hammer 
  (L15-2)
Member for 11 Years Most Time Online DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

corey.chambers

I hope they change their minds too but whatever their change in policy we now have a list on the forum that people can use for fun, in an unofficial way. https://donkeykongforum.net/index.php?topic=246.0 I made sure to word things well to explain its function.

Offline ChrisP

• Spring Jumper
  • I'm going to jump next to your leg.
    • Donkey Blog
    • Awards
An "unofficial" list is a great idea and this was one of the lists I've been meaning to start for a while. I actually made a spreadsheet a couple of months ago with the unofficial top 50. It matches yours pretty much, but I mentioned a few additions in the list thread.
http://donkeykongblog.blogspot.com

4 Quarters :-* - 800K Avg. Per Qtr. :o - No Restarts 8) - No Proof :'(

7/26/2013   Coin 35,946   710,800   18-1
7/28/2013   Coin 35,947   903,700   22-1
8/16/2013   Coin 35,948   694,100   17-6
8/17/2013   Coin 35,949   893,100   22-1

3,201,700: the $1 World Record?
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D DKJR Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Blogger Twitch Streamer DK Killscreener CK Killscreener

Offline Shane_NC

• Awards
I guess this means there will never be another Todd Rogers or Don Hayes. Even if a great gamer comes along with the capabilities of taking down hundreds if not thousands of scores, it would cost way too much. In my opinion, this will not be good for competitive gaming.
HIGH SCORES:
Donkey Kong Arcade: 865,900 22-1 KS
1-1: 11,300
Donkey Kong Junior MAME: 599,300 22-1 KS
Member for 11 Years DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline d3scride

• Awards
Somewhat unrelated, but there is now a poll up on the TG page about what we want to see changed/added:

http://www.facebook.com/questions/10151583739174904/

Not sure if it will make a difference in the end, but if you haven't already you should vote.
PBs:

DK: 702,100 at 1,040,000 pace
1-1: 11,800
1-2: 22,700
No Hammer: 562,800
Lvl 2: 50,400
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Twitch Streamer Former DK3 World Record Holder

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
Congrats, George! I saw that you posted on FB about how your KO2 scores have finally been put up on TG. Glad you get to save your money!
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
Congrats, George! I saw that you posted on FB about how your KO2 scores have finally been put up on TG. Glad you get to save your money!

Yeah, thanks for that. 8)  Besides this great community of people the scores are the most important gaming related thing for me.  It's the one possession I have that moth, and dust can not corrupt. ;)
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Submit a score for every DK3 track Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener