Author Topic: The arcade version of Donkey Kong has been rereleased through Arcade Archives  (Read 14198 times)

Offline dnickolas

• Awards
I'm ok with this until someone hacks the "legit" boards, which will probably happen at some point anyhow.

A real hack should make the score 3.2 million in honor of another special someone.
Member for 8 Years DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Mario500

• Doing 'The Mario' on the keyboard
    • Awards
Alright then. Anyone seen any good movies?

What did you mean by "good movies"?
Come on, the question is obvious.  He asking if we have seen any movies with "good" in the title.
A Few Good Men
As Good as It Gets
Good Morning Vietnam
The Good Son
The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

I would rather get an answer to my question from the user who posted the question I was asking about.

I'm ok with this until someone hacks the "legit" boards, which will probably happen at some point anyhow.

A real hack should make the score 3.2 million in honor of another special someone.

What did you mean by "special someone"?
Highest Score in Donkey Kong for Nintendo 64 Systems (Mario500): 699,300 points (Level 19-1)
Highest Level in Donkey Kong for Nintendo 64 Systems (Mario500): Level 19-1
Member for 11 Years

Offline dnickolas

• Awards
Mario500 - we clearly have very different opinions on things. I was changing the subject to avoid a train wreck. I don't like train wrecks.

And the 3.2 Million wasn't about you at all, so I don't really know why you're trying to add that into this bizarre retaliation for whatever offense I apparently caused.
Member for 8 Years DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Weehawk

• Elite Member
  • Why not play some Space Panic today?
    • Golden Era Replay Page
    • Awards
I had never mentioned my self in my previous question and had never had the idea that I was the "special someone" referenced in your previous message here.

What do you mean by "mentioned"?

Member for 10 Years

Offline Mario500

• Awards
Mario500 - we clearly have very different opinions on things. I was changing the subject to avoid a train wreck. I don't like train wrecks.

And the 3.2 Million wasn't about you at all, so I don't really know why you're trying to add that into this bizarre retaliation for whatever offense I apparently caused.

I had never mentioned my self in my previous question to you and had never assumed I was the "special someone" referenced in your previous message here.
Highest Score in Donkey Kong for Nintendo 64 Systems (Mario500): 699,300 points (Level 19-1)
Member for 11 Years

yman

Offline Mario500

• Awards

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fc-P8Kyvnz4&t=4m41s

Could you (yman) tell me what is located at that address?
Member for 11 Years

Offline QAOP Spaceman

• Elite Member
  • ®
    • Awards
For the love of sweet f
Member for 10 Years Blogger CK Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member Twitch Streamer

yman

There are 10 scores between 830k and 930k on the "Original" scoreboard where save states are allowed and none in that range on the "High Scores" scoreboard that doesn't allows saves.

I think it's good that non-mame switch players can experience a kill screen using the save mode and maybe one or more of them found it enjoyable enough that they will continue to use this mode in order to increase their skills and then hopefully later put up a proficient score on the legit scoreboard.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 12:58:09 am by yman »

yman

You basically exposed the corruptible nature of the scoreboard.  To be sure someone else would have done it eventually.  Still, the scoreboard has become a complete joke now.  It's too bad Nintendo didn't put in better security measures.

You were correct in saying that if I hadn't then someone else would have done it eventually.

F_symbols put up a score of 1.35M, but it was kind of a bummer because he actually was on pace for a 1.53M game and wasn't quick enough to load a save state before the game ended on Level 19.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 11:25:48 pm by yman »