Author Topic: Man for Girder: Donkey Kong is the Hardest of the 3 kongs!  (Read 3156 times)

Offline f_symbols

• Spring Jumper
  • wht u mean
    • Awards
Man for Girder: Donkey Kong is the Hardest of the 3 kongs!
« on: April 15, 2013, 09:45:12 am »
The title is true, If you think about it.  Donkey Kong Jr. doesn't even have girders, DK3's girders are not that tall.  You have to navigate many more girders per man in Donkey Kong than either of the other kongs.   DK is certainly the hardest of the 3 with regard to girders traversed per man, which in my opinion makes it the hardest.  Besides, this IS a free country and I'm entitled to my own beliefs :P

Now, lets consider a more empirical approach; how about a ratio between Man for "how high can you get".  Donkey Kong requires the most vertical climb per man of the entire series. 

Donkey Kong allow's for jumpman to gain 150M in height for all levels cleared from level 5+

So...

17 (levels 5+) * 150M = 2550M

2550M + 50M(level 1) + 75M(level 2) + 100M (level 3) + 125M (level 4) = 2900M = 1.802 Miles. 

That is much higher than you can get in either Donkey Kong Jr. or Donkey Kong 3, so It's the Hardest with regard to change in elevation per man.   I think that D2K might have a "potential" to de-throne DK as the hardest game with regard to elevation change.

« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 10:05:42 am by f_symbols »
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member Winner of a community event Former DK Remix World Record Holder DK Remix Killscreener IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK 1M Point Scorer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Blogger DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline LMDAVE

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
Re: Man for Girder: Donkey Kong is the Hardest of the 3 kongs!
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2013, 10:38:46 am »
Technically Mario moves to a new building each level, so he never get's higher than 150M. LOL.

I once drew this sketch of what the DK city would have looked like if all the buildings were completed, with siding, etc.

Donkey Kong (Arcade): 1,108,100

Donkey Kong 1-1: 12,900

http://twitch.tv/LMDAVE
Member for 11 Years DK 1.1M Point Scorer Winner of a community event Blogger DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DK Level 1-1 World Record Holder Twitch Streamer

Offline hooch66

• Personal Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2013, 11:00:47 am »
Ha! That's awesome.

Technically Mario moves to a new building each level, so he never get's higher than 150M. LOL.

I once drew this sketch of what the DK city would have looked like if all the buildings were completed, with siding, etc.

Member for 11 Years Blogger

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2013, 11:18:41 am »
Or you could say Donkey Kong is the most nuanced, overall hardest, and most popular of the 3.  It's OK, DK loverboys if Donkey Kong doesn't hold every single most title.  It already has the titles that matter most.

"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank D DK Killscreener IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Submit a score for every DK3 track Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener