Author Topic: The arcade version of Donkey Kong has been rereleased through Arcade Archives  (Read 14216 times)

Offline Flobeamer1922

• Elite Member
    • My YouTube channel
    • Awards
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1007299196674715648
This is a serious game changer, I'd say. Huge influx of new players right here. Kreygasm
PBs:
Donkey Kong - 1,032,100 (22-1)
Donkey Kong Junior - 79,400 (4-2)
Donkey Kong 3 - 344,200 (Stage 22)
Crazy Kong Part II - 645,400 (22-4)

I occasionally stream here: https://www.twitch.tv/flobeamer1922
Member for 6 Years DK 1M Point Scorer Blogger CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline bensweeneyonbass

• Dong Face Killer
    • Boooooring!
    • Awards
Let's get our team of engineers ready...

Scores on this port acceptable for HSL?  <stirpot>
Member for 8 Years Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline hooch66

• Personal Blog
    • Awards
Even though I have a DK machine, DK running mame, Dk on NES, I'm still tempted to buy this for 7.99 and test it out. The article says it comes with three different versions :
"The original Japanese release, which still had some major bugs; the fixed Japanese release; and the slightly-tweaked “International” version, which is what we got in the U.S. in 1981."

https://kotaku.com/two-long-lost-nintendo-arcade-games-are-heading-to-swit-1826834961
Member for 11 Years Blogger

Offline Mario500

• Doing 'The Mario' on the keyboard
    • Awards
I took these photos of the head of NOA, Yamashiro-san.

Could you explain that sentence?

Highest Score in Donkey Kong for Nintendo 64 Systems (Mario500): 699,300 points (Level 19-1)
Highest Level in Donkey Kong for Nintendo 64 Systems (Mario500): Level 19-1
Member for 11 Years

Offline Mario500

• Awards
I took these photos of the head of NOA, Yamashiro-san.

Could you explain that sentence?

Okay, I think it was around summer of 1996.  I used this camera.  I took the photo of Yamashiro-san who was in my office at the time that I was working on PilotWings 64.  He was there to assist with some of the translations to other languages.  We finished the Japanese and English versions which shipped June 23, 1996 (my 27th birthday, actually).

The other guy in the photo is a college buddy that I got a job to work with Nintendo on PilotWings.  His name is Jon Davis.  We both went to Texas A&M.  He shared an office with me back then (22 years ago).

Yamashiro-san was not the head of NOA at that time.  He, I believe, worked with Nintendo EAD at that time.

Could you also explain the meanings of "NOA" and "EAD" and mention any other names for the person you had referenced as "Yamashiro-san"?
Highest Score in Donkey Kong for Nintendo 64 Systems (Mario500): 699,300 points (Level 19-1)
Member for 11 Years

Offline Bounty Bob

• Awards
Planning to grab this the it releases in the UK. Think it's due tomorrow over here.
Member for 8 Years DK Killscreener

Offline mrvaya

• Awards
Oh boy this is great news! Never a travel without DK again!
Member for 10 Years DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Mario500

• Awards
The author of the previous message posted under the name "KongTower" had probably meant to type "PilotWings 64" for the last paragraph of that message rather than "PilowWings 64".
Member for 11 Years

Offline QAOP Spaceman

• Elite Member
  • ®
    • Awards
Member for 10 Years Blogger CK Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member Twitch Streamer

Offline Mario500

• Awards
Member for 11 Years

Offline Bounty Bob

• Awards

Offline Neekzz

• Awards
Like the other Arcade Archives the game has a High-Score mode that gives you just one credit, does not let you change the game settings or paused the game. So far the top score online for international machine is 1,115,900 by WCopeland, next closest is 358,600.
Member for 5 Years

Offline Bounty Bob

• Awards
Like the other Arcade Archives the game has a High-Score mode that gives you just one credit, does not let you change the game settings or paused the game. So far the top score online for international machine is 1,115,900 by WCopeland, next closest is 358,600.
Just installed it from the US eShop and seen this. Fucking Wes, couldn't even give us 24 hours to have a chance at glory.  ROFL

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
Wow, they are also releasing Sky Skipper next month.  Now I'm super tempted to buy Nintendo Switch. 8)  I wonder if they are planning on releasing the other Arcade games they made?
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Submit a score for every DK3 track Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline Grotto King

• Awards
I MAY be playing at work right now. I've been checking on the Switch online store about once a week, hoping Donkey Kong would come to the virtual console, but always expecting it wouldn't. I'm seriously floored, as I just assumed Nintendo would never release it due to the litigation in the 80s.
Member for 5 Years