Author Topic: King of kong screening Keene nh  (Read 4860 times)

Offline UKP

• Awards
King of kong screening Keene nh
« on: March 26, 2018, 06:20:13 pm »
There's a king of kong screening in Keene NH Wednesday March 28 7pm. Anyone going? It's a real stretch for me I get out of work at 4:30 and it's a 2 1/2 hour drive but I'm thinking about it.
Member for 6 Years Twitch Streamer

Offline Mary McManus

• Awards
Re: King of kong screening Keene nh
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2018, 06:27:11 pm »
They are still screening that bullshit movie? There should be a disclaimer stating that it's not an accurate source of historic reference material. This way no more idiot people will still believe that movie was true.
Member for 10 Years CK Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DK World Record Holder - Arcade

Offline Mary McManus

• Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2018, 06:32:25 pm »
However it's always laughable to hear Steve state that he saw this record , the 1982 Billy Mitchell WR ( In Reality was it was MY 2000 WR) on TG's site and decided to go for it. The laughs continue when Walter states that no one has ever beat Billy (knowing full well I did in 2000)  Even more big laughs ensue when Billy Mitchell states that in over 20 years no one has ever played close! Billy Mitchell. I assume this was an attempt at bad comedy .

Always fun to see how much egg they have on their face. Too bad they continue to make money of this fraud.
Member for 10 Years CK Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DK World Record Holder - Arcade

Offline Mary McManus

• Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2018, 03:24:37 am »
Yes I understand the Idea. So with this link you are saying you "want" to live in a world like George Orwell  (Eric Blair) described? Ya know, a boot stomping on the human face forever?

However people are entitled to their own opinions, NOT their own facts.

Realzach2001

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2018, 07:34:46 am »
Reading Tims delightful comments makes me wonder why he wasn't included.

Offline Mary McManus

• Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2018, 08:20:26 am »
I wasn't included because the "story" not documentary but "story", got in the way of the preconceived notion of  Steve setting out to be the first to beat Billy's 1982 score. This is the narrative the film is based on and it is a total lie. Billy and Walter, the "so-called"  guardians of arcade history, sold me out. Steve Webie is a cheater too. If claiming someone else's achievement as your own and getting paid to do so isn't cheating, what is? Steve states in the film that he was the first to beat that 1982 score. He's just as bad a liar as Billy Mitchell. Sad they are still alloed to profit off this.

Even though I was the official record holder at the time,  the film producers made up several excuses as to why they could not find me and or discredit my score. Hank Chen thought this was odd that I could not be found  and was able to contact me.....his very first try!   Funny how after filming was done and  in August of 07 Walter and Billy knew right where to find me as I got a phone call from them, just as the film was being released.

Hopefully Billy gets whats rightfully comming to him. If not It will just reaffirm my decade old belief that Twin Galaxy's is a fraud.

What are Jace Hall's comments on this subject matter? surely he knows? Oh yea, rich spoiled brat  hollywood folk stick together and he's probably playing golf with Seth Gordon right now.

Offline UKP

• Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2018, 08:30:44 am »
I recently became aware of all the inaccuracies in the movie but I still enjoy it. Tim was the real king of kong.
Member for 6 Years Twitch Streamer

Offline Mary McManus

• Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2018, 09:44:11 am »
Finally, I guess you can get through to some people.

Now if only I got paid like the others  for what was rightfully mine to begin with, I could die in peace and not have to come back from the grave to haunt this topic material everytime its brought up. Been doing it for 10 years now and will continue to do so.

Being in the know and watching that film went from being irritating to comical. Here's my critic review on the matter:

King of Kong

Watch with disgust as Steve is simply  handed the historical achievement of beating Billy's 1982 rDK ecord first, never actually having done so.

Laugh outloud as renowned gaming historians Walter, Billy and the rest of their lackies  "pretend" like there was noone that ever came close to Billy's score before Steve.

Observe hypocrassy at its finest as Billy states video submissions are no good and  THEN hands in tape after tape himself!

Watch in awe as Billys "direct-feed"  MAME tapes, even one with no audio, are instantly verified with NO SCRUTNY what so ever.

Simmer with rage afterward  knowing these people got paid thousands to put forth such a story as documented fact.

Offline Mary McManus

• Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2018, 02:11:16 pm »
Didn't make the cut!? I had the damn WR in the game after Mitchell and before Webie. Tell me again how that isn't..... making the cut?

No, I made the "cut" alright. So seeing as how I made the "cut" why did they lie and discredit my score and say it was, and I quote "Constantly Disputed" and "impossible to Verify" yet it never was. I'd like to hear Webie chime in on this. The guy has been tounge tied about it for over 10 years. Don't hear that question asked at the Q&A session before the Kong off do you?

Here's another question you won't hear asked:

How much "MONEY", yes "MONEY"  did these people make of the whole sham again?

This issue goes way beyond a simple game score. Gordon, Webie, Day and Mitchell all robbed me of thousands of dollars that I had rightfully earned when I made "the cut" on 8/16/2000.

Didn't "make the cut"!?  Nice try, but neuro linguistic programing doesn't work on me.

Offline Scoundrl

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2018, 03:40:03 pm »
 :'(
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline QAOP Spaceman

• Elite Member
  • ®
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2018, 04:03:02 pm »
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Member for 10 Years Blogger CK Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member Twitch Streamer

Offline Mary McManus

• Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2018, 04:55:07 pm »
What's the matter, you guys don't have any rational or logical rebuttal? Seem to offer one any other time,why not now.

Realzach2001

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2018, 07:23:42 pm »
It's a movie.

Offline ChrisP

• Spring Jumper
  • I'm going to jump next to your leg.
    • Donkey Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2018, 03:44:32 am »
Tim, this is not an attack, and I'm writing this because of the possibility that it might help you to eventually be free of this. The opportunity is right in front of you, every minute of every day, to reframe this whole thing and escape the angst, but that will require you to adopt a new point of view.

I feel like the core problem is that you misunderstand this movie, and why it was made in the first place.

The first thing to be conscious of is that Steve attempting to beat Billy's 874K is not the point of the movie. The impression conveyed that Steve was the first to beat him is of course false, but it's also not particularly important. If it were, you might have a legitimate grievance, but it isn't. Steve attains his score at the 22 minute mark (which is actually a cleverly-edited conflation of multiple scores/submissions, but never mind, because that's not important either).

The bulk of the movie, and the reason it exists, is to depict the shitstorm that ensues AFTER Steve submits. The reason they made a movie depicting the shitstorm is because it lent itself to dramatically-compelling storytelling.

Contrast Steve's situation with yours. You beat Billy's score, it was accepted, he called and congratulated you, and you all moved on. But nobody would ever make a movie out of that, because it would be a movie with nothing to do. That is a straightforward, frictionless event, not a story. It's the antithesis of a story.

The value that Steve brought to the filmmakers was not in being "the first to beat Billy," because nobody outside of the classic gaming community cares about that. But a film-friendly story of a battle against unwarranted suspicion, nepotism/cronyism, double-standards, sabotage, and possible (now confirmed) cheating, all over a video game? That offered HUGE value. Billy, meanwhile, served as a spectacular villain, and the perfect foil for Steve.

So when you say that something which was "rightfully yours" was stolen from you, or that you deserve monetary compensation, or to have been in the cast, it shows that you're completely misapprehending what the commodity was here. The commodity was not a world record Donkey Kong score. The commodity was a story.

In the real world, the confrontation between Billy and Steve was actually about who would be the first to get 1 million points. Snip a few lines here, add a few there, modify a couple of graphics, and the movie would have played about the same, if not better, and you would have had no cause for complaint at all. The movie would have worked just as well with or without mention of your score, which had no influence whatsoever on anything that happened between Billy and Steve.

Yes, you deserved to at least be mentioned in the film, it was wrong for the filmmakers not to do so, and their answers to that question are disingenuous. If you were "owed" anything, it was your name in those on-screen graphics. But again, whether Steve was the first to beat Billy was NOT THE POINT, it's not why they made the movie, and the story did not rely on that being true. Acknowledgment of your score would have made little or no difference to the film that got made, and little or no difference to your life.

In fact, the irony is that you've probably gotten more attention and notoriety for NOT being in this movie than you ever would have for being in it. You also might want to take a look at how most of the gamers in the film were depicted and received by audiences. At least half of them regret taking part, for good reason. In all likelihood, you dodged a bullet.

You've been allowing Steve, Billy, Walter, etc. to live inside your head rent-free for a decade, based on flawed premises and totally unrealistic expectations and fantasies of what could have happened for you if you'd been included in the film. If you continue to obsess over this, they win. If, instead, you decide that there are very good reasons for you to let this go, then EVERYBODY wins.
http://donkeykongblog.blogspot.com

4 Quarters :-* - 800K Avg. Per Qtr. :o - No Restarts 8) - No Proof :'(

7/26/2013   Coin 35,946   710,800   18-1
7/28/2013   Coin 35,947   903,700   22-1
8/16/2013   Coin 35,948   694,100   17-6
8/17/2013   Coin 35,949   893,100   22-1

3,201,700: the $1 World Record?
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D DKJR Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Blogger Twitch Streamer DK Killscreener CK Killscreener

Offline Hermarai000

• Awards
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2018, 07:51:53 am »
However it's always laughable to hear Steve state that he saw this record , the 1982 Billy Mitchell WR ( In Reality was it was MY 2000 WR) on TG's site and decided to go for it. The laughs continue when Walter states that no one has ever beat Billy (knowing full well I did in 2000)  Even more big laughs ensue when Billy Mitchell states that in over 20 years no one has ever played close! Billy Mitchell. I assume this was an attempt at bad comedy .

Always fun to see how much egg they have on their face. Too bad they continue to make money of this fraud.
You didn't even have the WR in 2000. Ben J. Walbeehm got 893,400 on 9/12/1999 and you got 879,200 on 8/16/2000. Although Ben did it on MAME, he still had the WORLD record. You had the ARCADE record.
Member for 5 Years