Author Topic: Some concerns about Billy Mitchell's Donkey Kong Junior score removal  (Read 8000 times)

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
Unlike the Donkey Kong score removal, there are some major differences between the two.  One, there hasn't been a score dispute at Twin Galaxies.   Personally I would have done it if I had the credibility, but that's another matter.  Two, unlike the Donkey Kong case, there really hasn't been any reason given for removing this score by Jry.  Did Sock Master go into how DKJr. draws boards and come up with a conclusion that it's MAME?  I don't know because all that was said was that Jry was removing the Donkey Kong Junior score.  Also unlike Donkey Kong, we do know for a fact that the Donkey Kong Junior board was there at Boomers.

Also, if the score was removed because of the Donkey Kong score being removed, than why wasn't this done at the same time as the Donkey Kong score being removed?

I guess I just want an explanation on why this was done, and why it was done now.  Most likely I'll buy the explanation given, but I'd just want to come to a better understanding of the DKJr. score removal.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 04:42:23 am by homerwannabee »
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
  • Don't follow me on Twitch/Scared of being followed
    • Awards
Re: Some concerns about Billy Mitchell's Donkey Kong Junior score removal
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2018, 04:56:32 am »
I'm guessing it's because of the taint surrounding the entire Boomer's event at this point.   <Sanders> 
In the summer that you came
There was something eating everyone
And the sunshine fund was low
We couldn't greet you with a simple hello
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener

Offline serphintizer

• Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2018, 08:46:04 am »
Somebody wants to make another YouTube video. Kappa <popcorn>
"Kill screen? Ha! It's for tourists."  - Mr. X
Member for 8 Years CK Killscreener CK World Record Holder - MAME DK World Record Holder - Arcade DK 1.2M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Individual Board Record Holder Former D2K World Record Holder DK 1.1M Point Scorer DK 1M Point Scorer Twitch Streamer

Offline Josephjo

• Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2018, 10:03:12 am »
The natural progression for  <snek>  is to put suspicious Jnr scores under the spotlight after he's finished looking at DK the pattern then takes him to DK3..............

....Ah I see why you're a liitle concerned now.

There's not something you need to tell us is there George??

Before  <snek> does?
" Its not how you play the game but who you have backing up the bullshit."

From The Book Of Sczerby 2:18
Member for 11 Years CK Killscreener

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2018, 03:06:12 am »
I'm guessing it's because of the taint surrounding the entire Boomer's event at this point.   <Sanders>
Well since Jry isn't giving an answer I'm going to presume that it's this answer, and he didn't want to be redundant by giving the same answer.

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2018, 03:08:35 am »
The natural progression for  <snek>  is to put suspicious Jnr scores under the spotlight after he's finished looking at DK the pattern then takes him to DK3..............

....Ah I see why you're a liitle concerned now.

There's not something you need to tell us is there George??

Before  <snek> does?
He already disputed my score months ago, and I already said that I thought my record score was on the wrong settings.  Jry already found out that to be true.

-Ross Benzinger

-Leon Shepard

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2018, 06:16:20 pm »
Well since Jry isn't giving an answer I'm going to presume that it's this answer, and he didn't want to be redundant by giving the same answer.

I haven't gone through the process of creating the GIFs yet, but in the limited (and poor quality) JR footage available, I have seen evidence of the same MAME rendering. We now have true direct feed JR footage to compare with. But I made the decision before even seeing true direct feed JR footage, based on the illegitimacy of the entire Boomers scenario.
"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Member for 11 Years snek CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2018, 07:53:30 pm »

I haven't gone through the process of creating the GIFs yet, but in the limited (and poor quality) JR footage available, I have seen evidence of the same MAME rendering. We now have true direct feed JR footage to compare with. But I made the decision before even seeing true direct feed JR footage, based on the illegitimacy of the entire Boomers scenario.
That works for me.  Thanks for the response.  8)

-Ross Benzinger

-Leon Shepard

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2018, 12:05:26 am »

That works for me.  Thanks for the response.  8)

And for what it's worth, I can't seem to start ANY disputes on TG right now...clicking the link to start a dispute does nothing but bring up a blank page.
"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Member for 11 Years snek CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Mary McManus

• Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2018, 06:51:50 am »
Sorry people had to learn the hard way ,but TG will NOT discredit any Billy score. The term "Too Big to Fail" applies in the GAG community as well.

That piece of equipment Jace Hall is using looks to be 35+ years old what with its circa 1980 Monaco GP like.... "LED"...... driven digit display. Probably found at a HAM radio show.

I know the equipment is said to cost in the $6000 range  (yea, brand new in 1980's dollars  probably) bu,t despite the cost of thousands of dollars, the equipment Jace is using looks to be ABSOLUTELY WORTHLESS  when it comes to even remotely illustrating the load stages for the screen, MAME or ARCADE.

Sorry but I've seen this before ,  TG is most definetly setting up to let Billy off the hook. The verdict will be "The equipment we used cost many  thousands of dollars so you know we anylized it better than anyone. " Case Closed!" "Billy is  too big to fail.....er I mean not guilty." This is your official TG ruling.

There will be absolutely NO discussion of the Boomers "board swap" The Boomer board swap is so blatently stupid and obvious it  screams "CHEAT" with every frame of video. The Boomer board swap is absolutely indefensible, even for TG that has a certain knack and  does a superb job at grasping at any straw to produce plausable deniability in anyway shape or form.

The Boomer board swap will NEVER be discussed  by TG, EVER!  No matter how many times its asked.
Member for 10 Years CK Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DK World Record Holder - Arcade