Author Topic: Top 50 Reasons why Billy Mitchell's DK WR tapes look like MAME but aren't  (Read 46892 times)

Offline ersatz_cats

• Awards
Re: Top 50 Reasons why Billy Mitchell's DK WR tapes look like MAME but aren't
« Reply #60 on: September 17, 2019, 10:30:52 pm »
50(s) Remember that fake board swap video we did? That proves there was a DK Jr board present for Billy to play on.

50(t) There was a DK Jr board present, and witnesses testified he played on that board, and the tape shows MAME-like transitions. That proves arcade hardware can produce MAME signatures. It doesn't get any more scientific than that!
Member for 6 Years

Offline ersatz_cats

• Awards
« Reply #61 on: September 17, 2019, 10:35:36 pm »
50(u) And I quote, "Jace Hall is not a technician, does not have the educational background of a technician, and should not be considered a technical expert of any kind. As a matter of fact, we do not believe Jace Hall has received any level of college education."
Member for 6 Years

Offline ersatz_cats

• Awards
« Reply #62 on: September 17, 2019, 10:43:16 pm »
50(v) As a young child, Robert Mruczek was forced to watch as his entire family was slaughtered at the hands of Steve Wiebe. And from that day, he swore on his family's honor that, whatever it took, he would never allow Wiebe to hold the world record on Donkey Kong for more than a few months at a time.
Member for 6 Years

Offline gstrain

• Awards
« Reply #63 on: September 17, 2019, 11:06:44 pm »
50(w) - 1,047,200 was not a score submission

50(x) - XI.Section 10 D. Part 5: Two Bit Convertor & Other Factors

50(y) - Retracted
Member for 11 Years DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener Twitch Streamer

Offline bensweeneyonbass

• Dong Face Killer
    • Boooooring!
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: September 18, 2019, 06:06:11 am »
27) Billy Mitchell was practicing so hard using MAME that his MAME play style was visible on DK hardware.

Coming back to this one. So good.
Member for 8 Years Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline francoisadt

• Awards
« Reply #65 on: September 18, 2019, 06:10:48 am »
50(s) Remember that fake board swap video we did? That proves there was a DK Jr board present for Billy to play on.

50(t) There was a DK Jr board present, and witnesses testified he played on that board, and the tape shows MAME-like transitions. That proves arcade hardware can produce MAME signatures. It doesn't get any more scientific than that!
Let's say Billy did play on a DK Jnr board becuase that was the board on the video.

DK/DKJnr setup:
Then how would a particular setup works to play DK and DK Jnr on a Dk Jnr board?
Using a add-on multi-pcb (or a linked pcb) which do contain the DK rom?

This "DK/DKJnr setup" could explain the MAME signatures if such a setup is possible.

Now, the record is void anyway because such a setup is not original then:
this setup "DK/DKJnr setup" => EQAUAL to misinformation provided (aka lying/not the original truth) => cheating?

If I do setup such a setup "

Let's say Billy did play on a DK Jnr board becuase that was the board on the video.

DK/DKJnr setup:
Then how would a particular setup works to play DK and DK Jnr on a Dk Jnr board?
Using a add-on multi-pcb (or a linked pcb) which do contain the DK rom?

This "DK/DKJnr setup" could explain the MAME signatures if such a setup is possible.

Now, the record is void anyway because such a setup is not original then:
this setup "DK/DKJnr setup" => EQAUAL to misinformation provided (aka lying/not the original truth) => cheating?

If I do have such a setup would this be accepted here on this score board on DK forum? (I do ask DK and not GWR or TG)
Member for 10 Years

Offline gstrain

• Awards
« Reply #66 on: October 30, 2020, 11:26:18 pm »
So after some thought, I think this as an excellent brief of Billy's court case from the top 50 list post.  Thanks to all the contributors!

50(e) - Please, help me , DKF it is lying about me.  DKF says that my records are cheated, but this is not true.  They say they are incredible scores.  But if I'm good, that my fault
5 -  Todd Rogers witnessed it live, and that should be enough to convince anybody since video evidence wasn't even required.  So stop looking at it.
17 - Because Walter Day said his scores are legit.
37 - The fact of the matter is ...
50(n) - Jace Hall is the anti-Christ
50(d) - I never cheated. I told that to everyone lots of times. nobody believed me. and I've been playing in person all the time and how can I cheat? how fair is that? And I was on tv playing donkey kong and everybody was watching me for a crowd. how could I cheat?
11 - The people disputing Billy Mitchell are just doing it because they are jealous of Mitchell and his popularity.
1 -  Dwayne doctored the tapes to look like MAME.
7 - Billy Mitchell is not how he's portrayed in the movies.  He's a nice guy.  So it can't be MAME
50(g) - Billy scoring 1,047,500 on Twitch on 8/16/2018 proves he scored 1,047,200 in 2005.
9 - "Why would any player, nearly eight years ago, desire to put a MAME computer in the back of a Nintendo cabinet and connect the output to a Sanyo monitor?"
50(p) - Video games are made of magical fairy dust, you never know what they're gonna do!
50(r) - because a 150 page essay proves it isnt
2 - The direct capture board redigitized things in a different order making it look MAME-like (more elegant but obscure version
 is 16 -  Because an analog video chip digitally manipulated a video signal to drop frames)
19 - Because screen burn and swapped tubes, rotated yokes and reverse-connected yoke pins on Gleed's and Young's monitor recordings (which are probably not even Sanyo tubes any more) both create an image that is different than the true, legit and fully original cab that Billy Mitchell played on, set his records on and captured from.
28 - Looking like MAME is not MAME, nor a violation that even approaches cheating
39 - It seems the "claim" that Billy or someone used a "cheat" in MAME to adjust the refresh rate to match the arcade is without merit. The data available at the time showed the arcade refresh rate to be 60 Hz, not 60.60Hz Such a claim has been made without any evidence whatsoever. It appears to be a mark of desperation, where things are purposely manipulated in order to prove what one already believes
10 - A family man who successfully runs both a restaurant and a hot-sauce business, who managed to negotiate pretty favourable terms for himself in the movie industry, and who has a host of associates and contacts in the video game industry, would not have the technical expertise to press F7 on a computer keyboard.
23 - Because jry is an elongated, legless, carnivorous reptile
12 - The human element
46 - I'm not saying it was aliens, but it was aliens
« Last Edit: October 30, 2020, 11:36:50 pm by gstrain »
Member for 11 Years DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener Twitch Streamer

Offline JNugent

• Just a guy who likes to play games.
    • Awards
50(z) - Because I'm Billy Mitchell.

567,200 - Crazy Kong (MAME) - ended on L=21 rivets
555,000 - Donkey Kong (MAME)
Member for 11 Years Twitch Streamer Blogger

Offline Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: January 16, 2024, 10:44:15 pm »
because he didn't clean the VCR's heads before recording
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank A DK 1.1M Point Scorer 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener DKJR Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline jammvyy

• Awards
« Reply #69 on: January 17, 2024, 08:34:49 am »
Because we are all not worthy enough to understand billy shear mastery of the game. Ones you've seen it mame , it can't be unseen again.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2024, 08:02:35 pm by jammvyy »
Member for 1 Year