Author Topic: My take on all this drama  (Read 17495 times)

Offline godfather

• Awards
Re: My take on all this drama
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2018, 01:19:19 pm »
Member for 10 Years Twitch Streamer

DonkeyKongGenius

« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2018, 03:04:33 pm »
Its all fake folks! Controversy draws a lot of attention, right or wrong. Look to the facts as we have concerning King of Kong, we might find that the movie is not too far off from reality.  BibleThump

Offline RichieKnucklez

• Awards
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2018, 11:04:16 pm »
Maybe this will improve the mood
Member for 10 Years DK Killscreener Blogger

Firebrandx

« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2018, 09:28:45 pm »
BTW, I heard the latest Billy defenders panel tried to use the defense that MAME doesn't show the girder 'finger' or 'tale' until version 0.116, which was well after his videos were submitted. Unfortunately for them, an anonymous tip came in that you can in fact get MAME to display the same anomaly going all the way back to 2001. The trick is to enable cheats, and then change the timing. In versions 0.56 to 0.84, this can be done with the the CPU0 setting and changing it to 99%. Here's the earliest version I was able to run on my computer:

However, here's where it gets interesting: In August 2004, MAME version 0.85 came out with a new cheat feature: Refresh Rate. In versions 0.85 all the way to version 0.115, you can set the refresh rate to 60.600 and get the EXACT same 'finger' to show up:

So what's the significance of 60.600 refresh rate? It just so happens to approximately match the arcade DK's refresh rate. As I said, this feature came out in August of 2004, which is well before Billy's tapes surfaced.

Next, here's a photo spread showing some excerpts of Billy's tapes and comparing them to both MAME's 'finger' and how the original hardware looks on that transition:

Keep in mind this doesn't even take into account the myriad of other issues with Billy's tapes matching MAME transitions. This is just one of many. Lastly, now consider that Billy in the latest defense panel FINALLY admitted the board swap video was faked. That right there, even if you ignore all other evidence, is grounds for permanent banning on TG. It's a confessed attempt to deceive the public on a world video game record accomplishment. No matter how much he throws Robert Childs under the bus for it, he was IN that same video, and knew it was a lie. How can Billy defenders even defend him after hearing that confession? It's over for the man. Absolute checkmate.

-FBX
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 09:31:35 pm by Firebrandx »

Firebrandx

« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2018, 07:39:51 pm »
I applaud Billy for the admission.

You applaud someone that effectively was cornered with irrefutable proof he and his tech lied to the public for finally admitting to it? SMH...   ::)

Offline NightRider

• Awards
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2018, 11:43:26 am »
Here's what I want to see happen regarding all of this DK drama:

1) TG remove Billy's scores and officially state that the evidence is overwhelming that his submissions are MAME.

2) Billy come clean about this situation and apologize to everyone.

3) PSP admit that he lied about getting a kill screen and that he used a screenshot from Hank's KS.

I'm pretty sure that the first is going to happen. I'm not so sure about the other two, but a man can hope.
Born with a steering wheel in his hand... And lead in his foot.
Member for 10 Years

Firebrandx

« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2018, 11:15:57 pm »
Here's what I want to see happen regarding all of this DK drama:

1) TG remove Billy's scores and officially state that the evidence is overwhelming that his submissions are MAME.

2) Billy come clean about this situation and apologize to everyone.

3) PSP admit that he lied about getting a kill screen and that he used a screenshot from Hank's KS.

Egotistical pathological liars will never accept responsibility for their actions. Even when Billy 'confessed' about the board swap being staged, he blamed the entire mess on Robert Childs and acted as if his own involvement was completely peripheral and inconsequential to the scam.

As for PSP, I don't know enough about the details of that case to make an informed opinion. I do recall him making it very clear that he did not lie about reaching the KS in DK, but that's obviously does nothing in terms proving a case.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 11:18:02 pm by Firebrandx »

Offline ChrisP

• Spring Jumper
  • I'm going to jump next to your leg.
    • Donkey Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2018, 11:38:24 pm »
As for PSP, I don't know enough about the details of that case to make an informed opinion.
The primary piece of evidence was a public log that he kept on his website, showing scores for over 400 attempts that spanned a period of five months (6/2010 through 11/2010). The log is long gone from his site, but it was saved and shared. The top score in this log was 364,400 points (achieved on 8/19). The log stopped abruptly on 11/15/2010, but on 1/31/2011, two and a half months after the last update, PSP suddenly appeared on Facebook with a cryptic status update claiming a killscreen with a score of approximately 841,000 points.

After playing regularly for five months and meticulously logging his results for all to see, his best score (which was itself well beyond his average) was less than half of 841,000. The average score for the final 20 logged games was 215,000, about 25% of the way to 841,000.

So, PSP is asking us to believe that while it took him five months to attain an average of 215,000 points per game, he somehow managed to quadruple his ability over the next two months, without so much as a peep about his suddenly-accelerated rate of progress... which just happened to start accelerating when he stopped publicly logging his scores. To this day, PSP has yet to play a single game of Donkey Kong in public, either on stream or in a live venue, and made it clear before the Kong Off 3 in 2013 that he would refuse to do so if asked.

If anyone has the temerity to question his extraordinarily implausible claim, rather than engaging in a discussion on a public forum, or streaming some gameplay, or producing any additional evidence, he will simply attack the questions from the safe, controlled confines of his Facebook feed, and insist that he will only discuss it in a private phone call.

I do recall him making it very clear that he did not lie about reaching the KS in DK.
Yes, he has "made it very clear..."

Egotistical pathological liars will never accept responsibility for their actions.
http://donkeykongblog.blogspot.com

4 Quarters :-* - 800K Avg. Per Qtr. :o - No Restarts 8) - No Proof :'(

7/26/2013   Coin 35,946   710,800   18-1
7/28/2013   Coin 35,947   903,700   22-1
8/16/2013   Coin 35,948   694,100   17-6
8/17/2013   Coin 35,949   893,100   22-1

3,201,700: the $1 World Record?
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D DKJR Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer DK Killscreener CK Killscreener

Offline NightRider

• Awards
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2018, 02:00:33 pm »
^ This.

Don't forget that PSP went to the trouble of getting a news crew to do a story on this quest for the KS.

This makes the 2 months of silence followed by a vague FB announcement with a stolen KS screen shot even more perplexing.

I really think that he overestimated his ability while underestimating the difficulty of the task at hand, and rather than admit failure, he lied so that he could put it behind him, while saving face, and move on to the next thing he had planned.

I still think there's a chance that Billy will admit what he did. Admission and apology is the only way to move forward if you want to continue any kind of relationship after serious wrongdoing. If you're willing to sacrifice the relationship, you never have to admit anything. But, if Billy wants to have anything to do with gaming after this dispute is over, he's going to need to admit what he did. Otherwise, he's done with gaming, which might be ok with him at this point.
Born with a steering wheel in his hand... And lead in his foot.
Member for 10 Years