Author Topic: The number one screw up of DK3 beginners  (Read 8459 times)

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
The number one screw up of DK3 beginners
« on: December 19, 2017, 05:29:12 pm »
I have notice a theme in most noobs Donkey Kong 3 playing.  They seem to almost always go for time, and time again after the super spray on the blue or gray board.  To them they for whatever reason think the super spray is an easy shortcut to pass the blue or gray board.  What happens more often than not, they end up losing a ton of lives during the game going after the super spray on these boards.
If they simply could hold off on getting the super spray till the gold board, they'd be good as gold.  Instead they go for broke and usually pay for it with their lives over, and over again.
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline krehztim

• Elite Member
    • Awards
Re: The number one screw up of DK3 beginners
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2017, 08:50:05 pm »
Riley been watching my streams, I see.

I know this game is part shmup, but I've tried (not that hard) over 15 years to be good.  300k is my limit.  Just one of those many games I'll never truly "get". 
Donkey Kong (US Set 1) - 542,800
Donkey Kong Start - 111,100
Crazy Kong Pt II - 590,800 (KS)
Member for 8 Years Blogger CK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2017, 12:10:02 pm »
Part of the transition from an average to a decent player is learning to survive the boards without the spray, knowing the correct time to use it and/or sac

I used to die a lot just going for the spray whenever it was there. You're better off to leave it and clean the board up. You'll always get it the next gold board anyway.
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank A DK 1.1M Point Scorer 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener DKJR Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2017, 04:56:45 pm »
Part of the transition from an average to a decent player is learning to survive the boards without the spray, knowing the correct time to use it and/or sac

I used to die a lot just going for the spray whenever it was there. You're better off to leave it and clean the board up. You'll always get it the next gold board anyway.

See, even you were doing it.  And you're a veteran of shooter games.

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2017, 05:41:15 pm »
See, even you were doing it.  And you're a veteran of shooter games.

All part of learning the game really.  Bet you were doing it too when first playing
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank A DK 1.1M Point Scorer 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener DKJR Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
  • Don't follow me on Twitch/Scared of being followed
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2017, 05:19:32 am »
Putting the coin in
In the summer that you came
There was something eating everyone
And the sunshine fund was low
We couldn't greet you with a simple hello
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2017, 10:28:44 am »
Putting the coin in
Stealing your joke material from the Donkey Kong chat box?  Even Carlos Mencia thinks that's wack.

-Ross Benzinger

-Leon Shepard

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
  • Don't follow me on Twitch/Scared of being followed
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2017, 10:30:04 am »
Putting the coin in
Stealing your joke material from the Donkey Kong chat box?  Even Carlos Mencia thinks that's wack.

Was it there already?  It must have been in between TG talk because I did not see it.  I do try my best here.
In the summer that you came
There was something eating everyone
And the sunshine fund was low
We couldn't greet you with a simple hello
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener

Offline Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2017, 11:00:58 am »
Putting the coin in

I didn't think he was joking