Author Topic: Top 10 Favorite Songs to Listen to while Playing a DK related game  (Read 12804 times)

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
Re: Top 10 Favorite Songs to Listen to while Playing a DK related game
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2013, 02:33:32 pm »
Ah, sorry, I misremembered who said that. For me, the audio doesn't help me with the hammer ending, rather it is the lack of a 3/4 or 4/4 time beat in the background that helps me. Being a musician, I like to do stuff in line with the beat (or off-beat). So if the hammer is gonna end on a really syncopated beat, then it can mess me up. The same actually happens with me and simply jumping barrels. I find when I play to music I have this urge to jump on the beat when I can. Sometimes doing this is inefficient or even risky. It's kinda subconscious, so that is what makes it more serious of a risk to me.

Edit: And before someone points it out, I guess, to a strong degree, I have just gotten used to the background music within the game itself. However, every now and then I do catch myself trying to jump over barrels on the beat. I'll admit, it's really a weird dilemma of whether or not my introspection on the matter actually helps or hurts the problem... :/
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 02:37:48 pm by marinomitch13 »
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer