Author Topic: Top 5 reasons we need a list subforum  (Read 6109 times)

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
  • Don't follow me on Twitch/Scared of being followed
    • Awards
Top 5 reasons we need a list subforum
« on: April 02, 2013, 10:18:08 am »
1.  To accurately rank the best list makers
2.  A DK Forum with no list subforum is like Stanley w/o Super Spray
3.  The world needs George Leutz to prepare a "List of the Week" in MEME form
4.  In the words of David Blaine...."Wait...just watch....wait....ready?  watch....."
5.  Ever since Mitch Hedberg died there has been a comedic void aching to be filled....
In the summer that you came
There was something eating everyone
And the sunshine fund was low
We couldn't greet you with a simple hello
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener

Offline f_symbols

• Spring Jumper
  • wht u mean
    • Awards
Re: Top 5 reasons we need a list subforum
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2013, 10:48:59 am »

One of the available bestsellers listed in the Back of Steve Sanders Masters Guide.

Seems to support this notion :)
Member for 11 Years Former DK Remix World Record Holder DK Remix Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer Blogger DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline JCHarrist

• Spring Jumper
    • Donkey Kong Forum
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 02:27:08 pm »
Member for 11 Years DKF Founder Former CK World Record Holder - Arcade CK Killscreener DK Killscreener

Offline stella_blue

• High Score Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2013, 11:01:23 am »
1.  To accurately rank the best list makers
2.  A DK Forum with no list subforum is like Stanley w/o Super Spray
3.  The world needs George Leutz to prepare a "List of the Week" in MEME form
4.  In the words of David Blaine...."Wait...just watch....wait....ready?  watch....."
5.  Ever since Mitch Hedberg died there has been a comedic void aching to be filled....

I grew up watching the early days of SNL, George Carlin, Richard Pryor, Steve Martin, and a slew of others who came along later.  Admittedly, I'm not familiar with Mitch Hedberg.  Out of curiosity, I watched a few of his YouTube stand-up compilations.  Pretty good stuff.

DK High Score 
  (L22-1)
DK Level 1-1 
DK No Hammer 
  (L15-2)
Member for 11 Years Most Time Online DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline LMDAVE

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2013, 12:03:02 pm »
I grew up watching the early days of SNL, George Carlin, Richard Pryor, Steve Martin, and a slew of others who came along later.  Admittedly, I'm not familiar with Mitch Hedberg.  Out of curiosity, I watched a few of his YouTube stand-up compilations.  Pretty good stuff.

Not to derail this to comedians, but I like this guy Jim Florentine, However after his latest podcast on "Man-Caves", I feel funny ever using the term again to describe my "room" where all my stuff/games are.

Jim Florentine - There's No Reason For A Man Cave
Donkey Kong (Arcade): 1,108,100

Donkey Kong 1-1: 12,900

http://twitch.tv/LMDAVE
Member for 11 Years DK 1.1M Point Scorer Blogger DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DK Level 1-1 World Record Holder Twitch Streamer

Offline stella_blue

• High Score Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2013, 02:18:08 pm »
Not to derail this to comedians, but I like this guy Jim Florentine, However after his latest podcast on "Man-Caves", I feel funny ever using the term again to describe my "room" where all my stuff/games are.

Dave, rest assured that very few share his opinion on "man caves", although it certainly is a funny rant.  I had never heard of Jim Florentine before.  His voice, and particularly his attitude, are reminiscent of Denis Leary.

Getting back to Mitch Hedberg for a second:  his voice and delivery remind me of William Sanderson, who played Larry on "Newhart" (a show I rarely watched) and E.B. Farnum on HBO's "Deadwood" (a show I never missed).

DK High Score 
  (L22-1)
DK Level 1-1 
DK No Hammer 
  (L15-2)
Member for 11 Years Most Time Online DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
  • Don't follow me on Twitch/Scared of being followed
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2013, 04:03:48 pm »

Getting back to Mitch Hedberg for a second: 

His cd's are tremendous.  The fact that he had legitimate stage fright and would sometimes tell jokes with his back to the audience not as a joke but because of terror is pretty incredible.

Interesting Fact:  He OD'd the night after performing at the comedy club located in my hometown.  I was not at that particular show that night however.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 04:05:19 pm by pwnasaurus »
In the summer that you came
There was something eating everyone
And the sunshine fund was low
We couldn't greet you with a simple hello
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2013, 11:55:53 pm »
Jeff, the 'feedback' bar, on the main page, should probably go at the bottom, below the 'lists' bar. Yes? No?
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer