Author Topic: Jeff Willms Leech revisited  (Read 22573 times)

Offline Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
Re: Jeff Willms Leech revisited
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2017, 02:41:54 pm »
soooooor siiiiiiick Kreygasm Kreygasm Kreygasm

Yep pretty much what I was talking about. Was thinking more on the lower girders but that works too, unfortunate if a wild comes

Kreygasm love it
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank A DK 1.1M Point Scorer 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener DKJR Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Adam_Mon

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2017, 02:49:11 pm »
Moderator Error!!!:

Crap... I (Mitchell) accidentally editted this post instead of creating a response. Gonna see if Jeff can restore it. Sorry!
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 08:55:49 pm by marinomitch13 »
Member for 9 Years Blogger CK Killscreener DK Killscreener

Offline Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2017, 03:13:51 pm »
Ahh ok I didn't know about the last 3 girder block thing.

This would be sick in a 1-1 run also combined with the wfli-rejump on the first girder. 15k anyone?

Kreygasm Kreygasm Kreygasm
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank A DK 1.1M Point Scorer 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener DKJR Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Quadruplex

• Awards
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2017, 07:07:56 am »
Couldn't you do something like this in the Pie Factory?
Member for 6 Years

Offline danman123456

• Spring Jumper
    • Twitch TV Stream
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2017, 09:06:33 am »
I'm also wondering what a best case, worst case, and avg case with this technique is in terms of a barrel board score. Could a 14k barrel be an avg case? If the barrel average of a game can be pushed to a little over 14k reliably with this technique then a score of 1.3 million is technically possible.

I've actually thought a lot about why this isnt used more in a game. I was playing a little on my Cab doing this one time and thought this move has a lot of potential. The risk seems to be a wild barrel on that backjump from the ladder could hit you can it not?

The rejump is 900 points for 4 barrels. If you leeched those 4 barrels properly its 800 points and if you do a rejump of one its 900 points. I think overall its possible if you leech the first pair and group the second now you are getting 1000 points for those 4 barrels. (That was my idea for a "strat" using this leech). Using it going up is a great idea too tho. Might be able to get another 500 points per board with minimal work and maybe even a 1000 doing double backjumps on top?
DK High : 1,059,700 (Lvl 22-1 KS!);
DK KS Speedrun : 1 Hr 16 Min 40 Sec - World Record!
DK Lvl 1 - 1: 12,400
Fix-It Felix Jr - 297,000 (World Record)
Fix-IT Felix Jr 1 Hour Limit - 177,000
Fix-It Felix Jr KS Speedrun - 1h33
Member for 11 Years DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Blogger

Offline Adam_Mon

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2017, 11:35:33 am »
Couldn't you do something like this in the Pie Factory?

The Willms leech? I can't see any way of implementing it, you could leech the pies but you will almost certainly lose points against the bonus timer.

You can leech the oil can on the pies though, it's dangerous but can be pulled off with enough practice. Because the timer ticks down so fast it only gives you maybe 1 or 2 extra thousand points if you survive (math guys will know more than I do)
I used a save state to show it. maybe this could be an ok idea on the early pies when the timer is slower and the fireballs cooperate?

! No longer available

Offline Quadruplex

• Awards
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2017, 03:28:12 pm »
With enough practice it could possibly be a good technique. I certainly won't be pulling it off any time soon though.
Member for 6 Years

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2017, 08:56:06 pm »

I didn't realize this before but given the posistion of the long/broken ladders I think that 300 point off one barrel move can only be pulled off on the 5th due to the gardikis jump only being possible on the last 3 girder block/ sections of any given girder

Not to burst anyone's bubble, but I'm pretty sure this has been known for a while now (by Eth, Phil, Jeff, myself, etc) due to messing around on 1-1 –it's just that it's not been taken to be all that viable for long games. The rejump at the ends of girders  is pretty viable (especially leeching twice from *below* at the end of any girder e.g. like in the bottom right corner). As for the long ladder leech, I think with simply two leeches it is much more viable on the 2nd girder, imho. At least that way you have a chance of grouping barrels tightly together first and there is no added risk of the wilds.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 09:01:46 pm by marinomitch13 »
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline dnickolas

• Awards
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2017, 01:11:34 am »
Yeah, I don't think that this will add more than a few hundred to barrel board averages, and don't think that 14k is viable with only this added technique. Please prove me wrong!
Member for 7 Years DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2017, 01:57:50 am »
I love seeing these little strategies and what people can come up with. In my mind until we incorporate things such as this, top-shelf jumps and right side climbs we'll never see a true "maxout" of the game.

Offline Adam_Mon

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2017, 03:24:25 am »
Moderator Error!!!:

Crap... I (Mitchell) accidentally editted this post instead of creating a response. Gonna see if Jeff can restore it. Sorry!

No worries Mitch  ;D
This post was just explaining that the wilms leech + gardikis double jump can only be pulled off together on the 5th girder due to long ladder placement. The Gardikis double jump or better known as the 6th girder double jump can be pulled off on any of the girders provided it is done on the the last 3 red block/ segments of a girder (and maybe mid girder on the 1st? I could have sworn I seen Ethan Daniels pull it off).

This picture demonstrates the areas where each move can be pulled off, at least as far as I am aware.

EDIT: Jry just cleared something up in the shoebox, The 1st girder leech I saw ED do was a wild double leech, not a Gardikis jump as apparently thats only possible on the ends of girders due to a decrease in barrel speed before the barrel rolls off the girder and therefore keepining it within range. So disregard that green box on the first girder, lets all just blame Barra and move on  Kappa

« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 04:24:47 am by Adam_Mon »
Member for 9 Years Blogger CK Killscreener DK Killscreener

Offline f_symbols

• Spring Jumper
  • wht u mean
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2017, 01:38:10 pm »
2x100 blue barrel (only works on 2-1)
http://www.twitch.tv/f_symbols/v/47028778

2x300 3rd girder (silly)
http://www.twitch.tv/f_symbols/v/48988480

« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 01:41:12 pm by f_symbols »
Member for 11 Years Former DK Remix World Record Holder DK Remix Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer Blogger DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline serphintizer

• Awards
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2017, 04:11:44 pm »
"Kill screen? Ha! It's for tourists."  - Mr. X
Member for 8 Years CK Killscreener CK World Record Holder - MAME DK World Record Holder - Arcade DK 1.2M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Individual Board Record Holder Former D2K World Record Holder DK 1.1M Point Scorer DK 1M Point Scorer Twitch Streamer