Offline Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
Strats
« on: April 18, 2017, 05:03:28 pm »
Did  <Sanders> write a book about this I can read
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank A DK 1.1M Point Scorer 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener DKJR Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

WCopeland

Re: Strats
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2017, 05:04:15 pm »
I don't have an RBS myself, but it's probably worth going for the 1m on Hard difficulty first. When you tone down to Easy difficulty to get the RBS it probably won't feel as tough.

Offline f_symbols

• Spring Jumper
  • wht u mean
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2017, 05:45:47 pm »
Seek out the one they call SkyCrusher and you will find the knowledge you desire.  Another good source of info would be "one of the best gamers of all time", according to <Tim> , and that is Steve Wagner.

Member for 11 Years Former DK Remix World Record Holder DK Remix Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer Blogger DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2017, 06:43:05 pm »
I don't have an RBS myself, but it's probably worth going for the 1m on Hard difficulty first. When you tone down to Easy difficulty to get the RBS it probably won't feel as tough.

I did consider this but thought it may teach me some bad habits such as sac'ing and relying on the super spray too much
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank A DK 1.1M Point Scorer 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener DKJR Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
DK3, a couple of questions....
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2017, 06:49:53 pm »
Since I'm getting paid at work for doing nothing, I'll pose a couple of questions for the DK3 experts to think about (or not)

Is there a fixed number of bugs per wave? Does this increase with difficulty and as you progress?
Does shooting a few enemies cause the next wave to come at you faster? (Like what happens in Galaga)
Does only one bee attack at once? Can bees pick up a flower?
Why do bees sometimes fire a million bullets (?) in a row?
What determines how long the super spray lasts for? Duration or does it have a certain number of sprays?

And lastly, does DK3 suffer from moods the same as another semi-popular arcade game does?

These are all important questions

:)

Online homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
Re: DK3, a couple of questions....
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2017, 07:47:22 pm »
Since I'm getting paid at work for doing nothing, I'll pose a couple of questions for the DK3 experts to think about (or not)

Is there a fixed number of bugs per wave? Does this increase with difficulty and as you progress?
Does shooting a few enemies cause the next wave to come at you faster? (Like what happens in Galaga)
Does only one bee attack at once? Can bees pick up a flower?
Why do bees sometimes fire a million bullets (?) in a row?
What determines how long the super spray lasts for? Duration or does it have a certain number of sprays?

And lastly, does DK3 suffer from moods the same as another semi-popular arcade game does?

These are all important questions

:)
The waves all come out the same speed.  Super spray is all about duration.  The queen bee fires a million bullets in a row at times in order to provide back up for an insect to pick up a flower.  I think there is something like 31 bugs.  The insects change as you progress, from the flies to moths, and butterflies.  The moths, and butterflies pick up flowers much quicker.  The red beetle swipes across the screen faster than the blue beetle.   Only one queen bee attacks at once.  Queen Bees can't pick up flowers.
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank D DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline dimmu--borgir

• Swedish DK series champ :-)
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2017, 12:26:05 pm »
George.. Any strategy about when the enemies comes flying in a row in "the background" and you get free shots at them and  reduce alot of them?  This occurs for example at 03:27 in your 1.4 Million score on Youtube.
DK 868100 KS Hell ya!
DK j.r  689300 KS
DK j.r 871500 lvl C
DK3 1498900
CK 391400 Lvl 15
Member for 10 Years DKJR Killscreener Twitch Streamer DK Killscreener

Online homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2017, 12:40:40 pm »
Not much.  I shoot at them from second to top row personally, and like to shoot at them from the corner.  Sometimes though these can through you off your game if you're not careful.

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank D DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline dimmu--borgir

• Swedish DK series champ :-)
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2017, 04:45:47 pm »
Ok. So you have nothing on when and why this occurs? Would be very helpful to know and reduce the enemy further on.
DK 868100 KS Hell ya!
DK j.r  689300 KS
DK j.r 871500 lvl C
DK3 1498900
CK 391400 Lvl 15
Member for 10 Years DKJR Killscreener Twitch Streamer DK Killscreener

Online homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2017, 05:13:46 pm »
Ahh, ok.  One thing you need to know about Donkey Kong 3.  It's basically random like Donkey Kong.  Having said that, I suspect that the swarm is more likely to happen the higher Donkey Kong is on the ropes.  That's just speculation on my part.

-Ross Benzinger

-Leon Shepard