Author Topic: Schrock's blog  (Read 4004 times)

Offline M.Schrock

• Awards
Schrock's blog
« on: February 23, 2017, 10:37:48 am »
Hey guys I've been on the forum now for about a year I figured it was time to introduce myself. My name is Mike im 37 I've been playing arcade games since I was 7 or 8. I use to go to the local bowling alleys with my brother to play mostly mortal kombats, X-Men, double dragon and such. I stopped playing arcade games in my 20's and just recently got back into it. I attended last year's Kong off in Pittsburgh which was a great experience replayfx puts on a good convention. My favorite classics are dk obviously, Juno first, Burger time, and defender. I built a multicade awhile back which was nice but I've been on the search for a original donkey Kong. Well after searching Craigslist and eBay for quite sometime I'm happy to say I'm buying a donkey Kong jr and converting it to a dk. Now before I'm cursed to the depths of hell for blasphemy the cabinet was an original dk that some made into a dk jr. I'll post pics of it to get your thoughts. I would also like some input on where the best place is to pick up a dk PCB and if it's as simple as taking the jr out and putting the other one in. My dk goals are just to get a KS then maybe someday score a million. My PB ( on a xxxx in 1 board) is 523000.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 02:54:52 pm by M.Schrock »
Member for 7 Years Twitch Streamer Blogger

Offline M.Schrock

• Awards
Re: Schrock's blog
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2017, 02:55:53 pm »
Serial tag

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2017, 08:59:02 pm »
BurgerTime, lovit!  BibleThump
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline mrvaya

• Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2017, 10:35:42 am »
Hey Mike. Thx for sharing the huge bunch of torment Kong so generously hands out. :D dedicated cab and ks... awesome!
Member for 10 Years DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline M.Schrock

• Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2017, 07:08:51 pm »
Got my dk 2 board PCB installed. I ordered it from quarterarcade.com very quick shipping I must say. The gameplay Feels great the Nintendo joystick is a little loose. I can't put my finger on it but dk feels a little different on original PCB than mame. It could totally be my imagination of course and my excitement of having a dk arcade. Now comes the fun of getting all the dk art. I know this isn't eBay or Craigslist but I'm going to sell the working dkjr PCB the original CPO and marquee if anyone is interested. CPO does have cig burns by player one and two buttons which is cool or bad depending on how you view that kinda nostalgia.