Author Topic: Yolympics 2017  (Read 46924 times)

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
Re: Yolympics 2017
« Reply #75 on: March 05, 2017, 09:41:08 pm »
In my haste to post the final update, I definitely left out some thank-yous. :(

Thank you to best set of captains we've had for this tournament: pwnasaurus, dwwnp, ExedExes, and QAOP_Spaceman. You guys did an excellent job in drafting your teams. Now that the tournament is over, I took a quick glance at the TG threads and I can see that you all were actively updating and motivating your teams the whole time.

Although score verifications couldn't keep up with the pace of submissions this time around, I'd like to thank krehztim for his work in verifying RU scores. And of course, thanks to Wes Copeland for his working in running the actual tournament site.
"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Member for 11 Years snek CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
« Reply #76 on: March 06, 2017, 12:16:37 am »
Congrats ITG, way too good in the end. Very competitive tournament for all teams though, best one yet I reckon! I had an absolute blast. Everyone involved should give themselves a pat(33999) on the back for what will be a memorable tournament in my eyes

Thanks Jry for running the event! Very seamless and without fault. Now get to verifying, we want official scores this time tomorrow Kappa

Having said that there are always things that can be improved, but whats important is we are learning from each one of these to try and make the next one better.

<3 it!
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 12:18:27 am by Barra »
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank A DK 1.1M Point Scorer 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener DKJR Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline BBH

• Awards
« Reply #77 on: March 06, 2017, 12:28:01 am »
Will BBH be able to overtake the pro for first place overall in the tourney?  It's a tall order, but I wouldn't count him out. 

I could not dig deep enough to gain the remaining points. New Rally-X destroyed me, Alpine Ski, Pengo, and Rampage brought me down a bit too. I knew there was no way I'd be catching Martin but I wanted slightly better scores on some stuff just for the sake of my pride. Can't complain too much about my performance when I got five #1's!

Shoutouts to Steve Wagner for putting together a super buff team and for putting more work into these games than any of the other captains   <Sanders>
http://www.twitch.tv/lordbbh
I don't actually play Donkey Kong.
Member for 10 Years DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline QAOP Spaceman

• Elite Member
  • ®
    • Awards
« Reply #78 on: March 06, 2017, 04:25:58 am »

Hats off to the Wags wrecking crew, well done fellows. Bravo!

Pats on the back to everyone who got stuck in, whether your score ended up grey or not.

Thx also to Wolf for starting it, and Jry for keeping it going with such aplomb.
Member for 10 Years Blogger CK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
  • Don't follow me on Twitch/Scared of being followed
    • Awards
« Reply #79 on: March 06, 2017, 04:41:50 am »
Shoutouts to Steve Wagner for putting together a super buff team and for putting more work into these games than any of the other captains   <Sanders>

I think Spacey played more Rampage and  <pacman> than I played all other games combined.   Kappa

In all seriousness though, thanks to everyone for playing, captaining and organizing.  Was a lot of fun, even Pengo.  I got fortunate with the games list being for the most part full of familiar to me games from the golden era and the other eras had some reboots of popular classic games that didn't take long to figure out.  Most other stuff was either a shmup or platformer which I enjoy playing/learning anyway.

While I enjoyed being a captain, ultimately I enjoy just being a player in this more and not having the responsibility of running things, so it's one and done for me as captain (though since we tied last year I believe ITG is the first sole winning team in Yolympics history)    <Mruczek>   I'm not sure I'll have the time in July to IGBY this year with some work stuff going on but hopefully I will.  If not, see you cats next January, when possibly another captain will pick up the next version of the ITG and carry the torch.   Kreygasm

« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 04:43:37 am by pwnasaurus »
In the summer that you came
There was something eating everyone
And the sunshine fund was low
We couldn't greet you with a simple hello
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener

Offline ExedExes

• Team Verizontal Captain
    • Awards
« Reply #80 on: March 06, 2017, 07:54:00 am »
ExedExes has been eerily quite this tourney.  Does he make a huge run at the last day?  We'll find out.
I may have been quiet, but my team sure wasn't. I got all my good stuff in the first week of the competition, then real life kinda sorta got in the way (as well as the Yie-Ar Kung Fu high score contest @ GameEx) and the time I did have to play, I couldn't improve all that well. My favorite games had to be Gaplus and New Rally-X, games I play on a regular basis. While I can max out the bonus stages in Gaplus (and did three times in my submission, although that is NOT my PB), I was really surprised that I couldn't break 200k in NRX.

The very first pick in the Yolympics made #1 overall. Martin did not disappoint. TRB, Sawys, Blackflag82 and Bestcellar were the grinders that got us out of the proverbial basement that we were stuck in for a while and while I'm happy with third, 2nd would have been nicer, and that's why I had to try in the waning hours of the tournament.

Unlike last year, all the games were not a good fit for me, but I was satisfied at least to do better on Twin Cobra hours before this ended. As great of a month as it has been, I'm ready to move on.

Thank you xelnia and my captain brethren for this year's event. You all did your homework in drafting, that I agree, but I'm still glad I was able to get Giro-X!

See you next year!
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 07:56:49 am by ExedExes »
Member for 8 Years

Offline krehztim

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #81 on: March 06, 2017, 03:01:35 pm »
Big thanks to Jry for carrying the tourney torch.  I hated this list of games from the outset, but I actually had a lot more fun than I thought I would.  It's nice to know my complete lack of playing Pengo and Wonder Boy didn't really make a difference in the end.  I AM going to No Bomb TC2 one of these days.  I had a fantastic team - thanks Zerst for your hard work and leading the charge.  Barra was once again predictably and consistently awesome.  This was probably my favorite contest, though I do have a soft spot for Crap Tourneys.  Thanks everyone for making me work my ass off, bringing mediocrity to new heights.
Donkey Kong (US Set 1) - 542,800
Donkey Kong Start - 111,100
Crazy Kong Pt II - 590,800 (KS)
Member for 8 Years Blogger CK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline danman123456

• Spring Jumper
    • Twitch TV Stream
    • Awards
« Reply #82 on: March 06, 2017, 04:03:58 pm »
Sweet job this year everyone. It was another nail biting fest right until last few submissions on midnight. FYI here is a spreadsheet I did for Yolympics 2017. It takes the standings and adjusts them with a timestamp priority for ties (Basically first person to submit the score gets the points). I also adjust the overall player standings by who has the highest submitted score on any given title. I haven't triple checked this but think its accurate. Lots of cool little info as well regarding timestamps and avg score per submissions/etc. People might enjoy here you go all.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 04:10:22 pm by danman123456 »
DK High : 1,059,700 (Lvl 22-1 KS!);
DK KS Speedrun : 1 Hr 16 Min 40 Sec - World Record!
DK Lvl 1 - 1: 12,400
Fix-It Felix Jr - 297,000 (World Record)
Fix-IT Felix Jr 1 Hour Limit - 177,000
Fix-It Felix Jr KS Speedrun - 1h33
Member for 11 Years DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Blogger

Offline VON

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #83 on: March 06, 2017, 10:30:58 pm »
Thank you to Jeremy, Wes, and all my fellow players.  This was a fun one.  The competition for second place kept this thing interesting to the very end.  And second place is the best place anyways... after all, you don't put your hamburger on top of the bun.  ITG and Spaceballs were buns, really only there for their structural support.  Team Beef was the juicy flavor in the middle, and we were delicious.   

Offline danman123456

• Spring Jumper
    • Twitch TV Stream
    • Awards
« Reply #84 on: March 07, 2017, 08:44:21 am »
I know I must have missed it but here is the Draft for Yolympics 2017. I'm going to put it on my spreadsheet and upload a V2.0 of it but for now in case anyone needs this info for awards/etc.

Captain   
1. ExedExes - VZ
2. pwnasaurus - ITG
3. QAOP Spaceman - SB
4. dwwnp - BEEF

Pick   Player   Team      
1   The_Pro   VZ   
2   BBH   ITG   
3   TodayisForgotten   SB   
4   Zerst      BEEF   
5   Barra NZ   BEEF      
6   Pat33999   SB      
7   Innuendo   ITG      
8   TRB_MetroidTeam   VZ      
9   Sawys   VZ      
10   Dalar   ITG      
11   RedElf   SB      
12   Danman1234   BEEF      
13   Fly   BEEF      
14   BackdoorFred   SB      
15   RedStar   ITG      
16   Nick666101   VZ      
17   Scoops   VZ      
18   Xelnia   ITG      
19   CaptainJivePants   SB      
20   Krehztim   BEEF      
21   DK Madness   BEEF      
22   Duaber   SB      
23   spectre   ITG      
24   Giro-X   VZ      
25   DB Cooper      VZ      
26   RMacauley      ITG      
27   nii-san   SB      
28   CrazyKongFan   BEEF      
29   ConjuredEntertainment   BEEF      
30   Fok999   SB      
31   VideoWarrior   ITG      
32   BlackFlag82   VZ      
33   fruitygayspaghetti   VZ      
34   Anders Svensson   ITG      
35   Kibbey93   SB      
36   cofferjoerx      BEEF      
37   Powrie   BEEF      
38   Hanasu   SB      
39   Jerky   ITG      
40   Bestcellar   VZ      
41   Dax   VZ      
42   timhett   ITG      
43   DJ Wheels      SB      
44   PG3   BEEF      
45   HomerWannabe      BEEF      
46   DataStorm   SB      
47   Regys   ITG      
48   Vikleroy   VZ      
49   Cicca      VZ      
50   anningmay   ITG      
51   CelsoAffini      SB      
52   WCopeland   BEEF      
53   Datagod   BEEF      
54   Sergio Manetiando   SB      
55   RogerPoco      ITG      
56   BenSweeneyOnBase   VZ      
57   GMU      VZ      
58   siouxscout      ITG      
59   Barthax   SB      
60   DWO      BEEF      
61   TBE      BEEF      
62   Kane      SB      
63   Mirko   ITG      
64   TheHighScoreGamer   VZ      
65   Svavar   VZ      
66   Timmell   ITG      
67   Flash IV   SB      
68   Bdawg   BEEF      
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 09:03:28 am by danman123456 »
DK High : 1,059,700 (Lvl 22-1 KS!);
DK KS Speedrun : 1 Hr 16 Min 40 Sec - World Record!
DK Lvl 1 - 1: 12,400
Fix-It Felix Jr - 297,000 (World Record)
Fix-IT Felix Jr 1 Hour Limit - 177,000
Fix-It Felix Jr KS Speedrun - 1h33
Member for 11 Years DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Blogger