Author Topic: King of Kong trunk slam  (Read 3940 times)

Offline mikegmi2

• Elite Member
    • Awards
King of Kong trunk slam
« on: March 21, 2013, 06:33:50 am »
Anyone know who guy is that slams his trunk closed in the King of Kong?  Is it Don Hayes?  Kinda looks like him but was wondering if anyone knew for sure.  Don't really know why this crossed my mind today.
Donkey Kong - 1,076,000 (arcade, KS)
Member for 11 Years DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline LMDAVE

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
Re: King of Kong trunk slam
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2013, 06:46:26 am »
Yeah that was him. He was about 4 hours into a perfect Pacman game and died. But they showed it in KoK to basically show how serious some of these gamers get sometimes. It was a laughable moment to the casual viewer, but obviously a perfect Pacman is something he wanted pretty bad at that time. He had one on all four variations now (arcade/mame, turbo arcade/mame)
Donkey Kong (Arcade): 1,108,100

Donkey Kong 1-1: 12,900

http://twitch.tv/LMDAVE
Member for 11 Years DK 1.1M Point Scorer Winner of a community event Blogger DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DK Level 1-1 World Record Holder Twitch Streamer

Offline mikegmi2

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2013, 07:06:11 am »
Cool thanks for the confirmation Dave.  Makes sense now...I figured something like that must have happened.  I was watching him as he died several hours into his Dig Dug WR attempt at the Kong Off 2...and I saw him run the score up to 999,999 twice on Centipede...pretty cool to witness.  I get mad when I blow a 1.5-2 hour DK game...so I can relate.
Donkey Kong - 1,076,000 (arcade, KS)
Member for 11 Years DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline Xermon54

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2013, 09:17:00 am »
Correct me if I'm wrong, Dave, but I think Billy Mitchell even said he would award 10,000$ for a perfect Pac-Man score if it was done on that specific day. Which is why Donald Hayes was even more p*ssed!
1) World Record of the most insults received by a plastic surgeon - 3752

2:World Record of the most Check Man games played - 6 (tied with Hank Chien)
Member for 11 Years Blogger DK 1.1M Point Scorer DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DK Level 1-1 World Record Holder Twitch Streamer

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
  • Don't follow me on Twitch/Scared of being followed
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2013, 09:26:28 am »
Correct me if I'm wrong, Dave, but I think Billy Mitchell even said he would award 10,000$ for a perfect Pac-Man score if it was done on that specific day. Which is why Donald Hayes was even more p*ssed!

Yes I believe it was something along those lines...it was more than just "It would have been nice to achieve this", there was a time constraint with some sort of reward associated.  I would have been upset as well.
In the summer that you came
There was something eating everyone
And the sunshine fund was low
We couldn't greet you with a simple hello
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener

Offline LMDAVE

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2013, 10:10:01 am »
And we all know Billy can pay these promises.

...well, sort of #insidejoke
Donkey Kong (Arcade): 1,108,100

Donkey Kong 1-1: 12,900

http://twitch.tv/LMDAVE
Member for 11 Years DK 1.1M Point Scorer Winner of a community event Blogger DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DK Level 1-1 World Record Holder Twitch Streamer

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2013, 03:39:30 am »
Haha, I actually talked to Donald about this at the KO2, it was a pretty funny conversation. I told him that it was one of my favorite parts of the movie. I'm sure if it had been me, I would have raged pretty badly too.
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer