Author Topic: Kong Off 5 Streaming Setup  (Read 28383 times)

Offline tilt

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Repair man of DKF
    • Awards
Re: Kong Off 5 Streaming Setup
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2016, 04:30:39 pm »
I might also add that you may have problems streaming so many webcams on one PC.  It requires quite a bit of computing power to process 1 webcam at a high resolution, let alone 4 different cams at normal res. on one pc.  It may work okay, but you might want to make sure your computers are up to snuff using some cheapo cams before buying all the others.

They aren't gaming rigs but they are all fairly beefy. I am going to do a full test for sure before starting. I'm starting to consider the PI setup more and more now. ITs more complicated but overall its easiest way to change streams/etc. Only issue is getting the zooming stuff done no clue if that will work. I'll know soon.
Very well, I am sure it will work out fine.  Btw, would this become the 'resident' streaming rig or would you take this back with you?
My stream is currently (http://www.twitch.tv/expandedidea/)
PB(s):
Donkey Kong: 1,116,400 (KS)
Donkey kong Hard roms(prev. world record): 914,200
Crazy Kong: 513,700 (KS)
Member for 9 Years DK 1.1M Point Scorer snek DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline JCHarrist

• Spring Jumper
    • Donkey Kong Forum
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2016, 04:46:14 pm »
You won't be able to stream 4 webcams simultaneously through a USB hub. You need a dedicated USB port for each cam.
I was going to do 2 via onboard and then 2 via the hub. Think that will be too much?I'm going to grab some test cameras from Walmart ASAP. I so far have only done a setup with 3 separate cameras.

In my experience, USB hubs don't work well for webcams. The hub is just dividing the bandwidth of a single USB port. That's the main reason we only had about 6-8 streams at KO2 and KO3. You need beefy laptops, lots of bandwidth, lots of dedicated USB ports and a metric shitload of cabling to stream multiple cams simultaneously.
Member for 11 Years DKF Founder Former CK World Record Holder - Arcade CK Killscreener DK Killscreener

Offline danman123456

• Spring Jumper
    • Twitch TV Stream
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2016, 05:18:52 pm »
I might also add that you may have problems streaming so many webcams on one PC.  It requires quite a bit of computing power to process 1 webcam at a high resolution, let alone 4 different cams at normal res. on one pc.  It may work okay, but you might want to make sure your computers are up to snuff using some cheapo cams before buying all the others.

They aren't gaming rigs but they are all fairly beefy. I am going to do a full test for sure before starting. I'm starting to consider the PI setup more and more now. ITs more complicated but overall its easiest way to change streams/etc. Only issue is getting the zooming stuff done no clue if that will work. I'll know soon.
Very well, I am sure it will work out fine.  Btw, would this become the 'resident' streaming rig or would you take this back with you?
I have a PI2 i might try installing this RTMP software on and see how that goes here this weekend.
Not sure about the "resident" streaming rig? Take back with me where?
DK High : 1,059,700 (Lvl 22-1 KS!);
DK KS Speedrun : 1 Hr 16 Min 40 Sec - World Record!
DK Lvl 1 - 1: 12,400
Fix-It Felix Jr - 297,000 (World Record)
Fix-IT Felix Jr 1 Hour Limit - 177,000
Fix-It Felix Jr KS Speedrun - 1h33
Member for 11 Years DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Blogger

Offline danman123456

• Spring Jumper
    • Twitch TV Stream
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2016, 05:22:45 pm »
You won't be able to stream 4 webcams simultaneously through a USB hub. You need a dedicated USB port for each cam.
I was going to do 2 via onboard and then 2 via the hub. Think that will be too much?I'm going to grab some test cameras from Walmart ASAP. I so far have only done a setup with 3 separate cameras.

In my experience, USB hubs don't work well for webcams. The hub is just dividing the bandwidth of a single USB port. That's the main reason we only had about 6-8 streams at KO2 and KO3. You need beefy laptops, lots of bandwidth, lots of dedicated USB ports and a metric shitload of cabling to stream multiple cams simultaneously.
Yeah the plan is to put the laptops near the pcs versus at the table to limit the long cable runs. RDP into the the laptops if need be. I just checked and this laptop is a 6450b Probook HP and it does have 4 USB ports on it so perhaps that will work. I will be picking up webcams at Walmart tomorrow to test.

Offline Scoundrl

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2016, 09:02:44 pm »

What he said.

Good luck with RDPing into a machine trying to stream 4 cameras. 3 cams per machine max and I'd be VERY surprided if you could use RDP to talk and configure cameras. I've had 4 a few times but its never been stable. Make sure you use active extension cables.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 09:07:19 pm by Scoundrl »
Member for 11 Years Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline tilt

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Repair man of DKF
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2016, 09:20:18 pm »

I have a PI2 i might try installing this RTMP software on and see how that goes here this weekend.
Not sure about the "resident" streaming rig? Take back with me where?
Oh, what I mean by that is would this be used for future kong offs?  Or more of a temp solution until an official agreement gets worked out.
PB(s):
Member for 9 Years DK 1.1M Point Scorer snek DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline danman123456

• Spring Jumper
    • Twitch TV Stream
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2016, 09:46:44 pm »

What he said.

Good luck with RDPing into a machine trying to stream 4 cameras. 3 cams per machine max and I'd be VERY surprided if you could use RDP to talk and configure cameras. I've had 4 a few times but its never been stable. Make sure you use active extension cables.

Yeah I've done two and three cameras and it's been fine but a lot of folks say 4 cameras and it all goes to crap. The USB cables I looked at said they were active cables that boost the signal so hopefully that will be ok. If I have to do 3 per stream that's doable as well as ill have a good 6 laptops but I'm realllllly thinking the pi thing might work better unless xsplit chokes on 4 rtmp streams. Still that means another $160 or so to get pi zeros and nics :/

Offline danman123456

• Spring Jumper
    • Twitch TV Stream
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2016, 02:08:37 pm »
Should probably move this to the Kong-Off Forum but a little update:

I confirmed with T-Mobile I can pick up 2 of ZTE Z915 from Ebay/etc and just get a sim card and the 18GB plan for the trip. Looks like I will be able to get 2 of these for around $50 a piece. $80 each for the plan and sim card shows its $4.99 at Best Buy or Amazon ($270.00)

This along with what JC confirmed will be available as well as my personal MIFI should cover the bandwidth necessary to stream all / most of the cabs when we can.

I hooked 4 cameras up to my HP Probook 6450b laptop and they did work. The issue I had was adjusting them (The C270) as it had no focus capability and would only adjust the last one connected to x-split as far as zoom and brightness. I have 3 of the next model up and will be giving them a try tonight or tomorrow to see how that works. I'll get one of 4 different cameras if that is what it takes.

JC and I will be able to provide the laptops/etc. I'm willing to pick up the Cameras (Please bring if you can all) and I'm even looking to get some Microphones and a Mixer for the "main" stream for some commentary and possibly a play-by-play or interviews/etc while we are there when people are not competing. The main focus is to at least have video streaming for each cab (Audio won't really be available or worth it except at the "main" table/stream).

Based on this really just need to get some funds together from everyone to pay for the internet and cables. I'll throw up the $600 upfront for the cameras and $200 for the audio mixer/mics but will need to get about $270 for the internet and another $300 for all the cables / switches needed.

Basically if everyone competing can throw in $20 or $30 that gets $320 - $480 right there. Another 10-20 folks chip in $10-20 and I will cover the rest if necessary but I think this is enough. Danauction @ hotmail . com is PayPal info everyone

I'll post on Facebook as well since we are 2 weeks out I need to order this now so if anyone can give I'll need it by next week. Thanks all!  BibleThump

Offline JCHarrist

• Spring Jumper
    • Donkey Kong Forum
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2016, 03:15:37 pm »
I've got 2 C270's  but the problem with them is they have to be mounted pretty far away from the screen to get the whole playfield. It can be pretty distracting to a player who isn't used to it. I'm going to pick up a few Microsoft Lifecams as they seem to have a wider field of view and are easier to mount close to the cab. I'm bringing 2 high-end laptops so should be able to run around 5-6 streams from those.
Member for 11 Years DKF Founder Former CK World Record Holder - Arcade CK Killscreener DK Killscreener

mhstein

« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2016, 12:24:33 am »
See if ReplayFX will comp you.

Indeed.  ReplayFX will be supplying a 12Mbps dedicated line directly to the Kong Off area for this exact purpose.  It has been set up for you since November, and the bill is already fully paid.  In 2016, we're sponsoring this internet in addition to the prize pool, a truck rental to move games from Jersey, and other lesser items.  I would have posted sooner, but I was unaware of this thread until someone filled me in.

mhs

Offline f_symbols

• Spring Jumper
  • wht u mean
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2016, 08:08:32 am »
Tears in my eyes  BibleThump BibleThump Kreygasm  Thanks so much to replayFX, I can bring my laptop and a pair of lifecams to eat up some of that bandwidth..

Big Big Big
Member for 11 Years Former DK Remix World Record Holder DK Remix Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer Blogger DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2016, 11:21:07 am »
Lit.  Kreygasm

Wish I could go this year, but it seems like 95% sure I can't. Will be watching the streams. Maybe I can get our new local barcade to play the streams on their TVs around the place.
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline tilt

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Repair man of DKF
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2016, 11:59:51 am »
Lit.  Kreygasm

Wish I could go this year, but it seems like 95% sure I can't. Will be watching the streams. Maybe I can get our new local barcade to play the streams on their TVs around the place.
BibleThump
PB(s):

Offline danman123456

• Spring Jumper
    • Twitch TV Stream
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2016, 12:27:47 pm »
See if ReplayFX will comp you.

Indeed.  ReplayFX will be supplying a 12Mbps dedicated line directly to the Kong Off area for this exact purpose.  It has been set up for you since November, and the bill is already fully paid.  In 2016, we're sponsoring this internet in addition to the prize pool, a truck rental to move games from Jersey, and other lesser items.  I would have posted sooner, but I was unaware of this thread until someone filled me in.

mhs

OMG thanks so much!!! Is there a switch there as well or will we need to provide one? Fantastic news!!! :D - Now the personal mifis can be used in an emergency only situation! Excellent!

mhstein

« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2016, 02:51:38 pm »
There is currently only a cable provided as access.  If you need a switch, you will have to provide it.