Author Topic: MAME Version and Save States  (Read 3723 times)

Offline dd0ck

• Awards
MAME Version and Save States
« on: March 18, 2013, 07:09:16 pm »
So I never really played DK on MAME (only here and there) and I think my game's progressed a lot slower than it should have since I'm always tied down to this machine and I spend so much time away from it.

Anyway...

What version of MAME is required by TG or whoever to submit a MAME score for submission?

I also thought it would be cool if anyone had some crazy save states they could share.  Basically, I'm going to play here and there, while I commute or whatever and just want to hit the hard stuff hard. 

Are there any crazy situation save states to practice the worst Kong can throw at me?  Might as well practice that is what I was thinking.
Member for 11 Years Twitch Streamer

Offline John73

• Awards
Re: MAME Version and Save States
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2013, 11:43:35 pm »
With the "new" TG no one knows for sure if they will change the Mame version required.

The old TG required you use Wolf Mame .106 and only version .106.   The file is here: http://wolfmame.marpirc.net/  and look down in the list for wolfmameplus-106.exe

I get a "malicious" file warning when downloading this in Google Chrome, guessing if you have a virus scanner it may throw up a warning too.   This file is safe, so you can ignore the warning.

The save states as talked about in another thread will be different each time you play them because of the way randomization works within the program.

Some of the DK Guru's will be able to tell you more, but you could pretty much make a save state for every single level if you wanted to and then practice to your hearts content.   I assume that the game doesn't get any more difficult between level 5-21, but having read another thread this may not be the case.
DK Mame 266K Level 8-6
CK Mame 559K Killscreen
Member for 11 Years CK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline dd0ck

• Awards
Re: MAME Version and Save States
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 04:08:51 pm »
Okay I'll look around the site.  I know the randomness is dependent on user input.  But you could still have a save state while in the middle of a tough situation is more what I was getting at.

Thanks!
Member for 11 Years Twitch Streamer