Author Topic: Worst Screwings  (Read 5633 times)

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
Worst Screwings
« on: March 17, 2013, 11:58:24 pm »
Any DK forum needs a place where players can have a pity party about screwings. I'll start it off with a moderately bad one from the WCR#2.

http://www.twitch.tv/marinomitch13/c/2040554
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline ChrisP

• Spring Jumper
  • I'm going to jump next to your leg.
    • Donkey Blog
    • Awards
Re: Worst Screwings
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2013, 12:20:26 am »
Your lack of rage, and your lack of cursing, are always an amazing thing to behold.

I say this just after butchering my way through three ill-fated starts where there was much filthiness and machine punching. I came very close to full-blown Allening just now. One of these days the full extent of my fury will erupt on a live stream and it's going to embarrass everyone. I can be a shrieking cacodemon.

But you always take it in stride...
http://donkeykongblog.blogspot.com

4 Quarters :-* - 800K Avg. Per Qtr. :o - No Restarts 8) - No Proof :'(

7/26/2013   Coin 35,946   710,800   18-1
7/28/2013   Coin 35,947   903,700   22-1
8/16/2013   Coin 35,948   694,100   17-6
8/17/2013   Coin 35,949   893,100   22-1

3,201,700: the $1 World Record?
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D DKJR Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Blogger Twitch Streamer DK Killscreener CK Killscreener

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2013, 01:13:28 am »
Haha, thanks Chris, I appreciate the complement. However, it was my first game of the tourney, as well as it is much easier to be ok with screwings when you are just running boards (I find), since you aren't as emotionally invested into every little chance for points. As far as swearing goes, I've just never been the type to swear, but I guarantee you that DK is definitely able to get under my skin and provoke me in other ways. Maybe DK is just a lot less stressful when you only play serious games that are few and far between (as I usually do, since I don't find it takes long for me to brush the rust off).

Sorry to hear that the tourney was a struggle for you. I can definitely agree that I feel most vulnerable on conveyors -just not much you can do if DK wants to screw you over on that screen!
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Svavar

• Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2013, 06:18:53 am »
ohh man... I almost felt physical pain watching that hahah
Member for 11 Years CK Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

hchien

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2013, 07:47:02 am »
Mitch that was pretty much an assassination.  The only thing you could have possibly done was jump the fireball on the bottom.  But hindsight is 20/20.  On a different day perhaps the other fireball would have gone up.

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2013, 08:59:21 am »
Yeah. Haha, I already had Ross point out to me that maybe the weave would have saved me! ;) :P

hchien

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2013, 12:05:31 pm »
Yeah. Haha, I already had Ross point out to me that maybe the weave would have saved me! ;) :P

Hahaha, I was thinking that but didn't want to say it.  Star - 1, Weave - 1.  touche!

Tyr1ck

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2013, 10:48:17 am »
What is the weave? >.<

hchien

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2013, 11:19:31 am »
The weave is a "pattern" for the rivet screen where you zig zag up the left side clearing all the rivets on the left.  Usually this is followed by trying to grab the top hammer.  Usually only recommended for L4/5+.  Go to Ross' channel and watch how he does most of his rivets: http://www.justin.tv/vondummpenstein

Pattern in quotes not because I'm bashing the weave, but because there are no patterns in DK.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 11:27:49 am by hchien »

Tyr1ck

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2013, 12:39:47 pm »
Ahh, I see how it might have helped.   But it wasn't a reactive strategy that could have been used to prevent the death, right? Just an initial decision that might have led to a better outcome on that particular screen.  Unless the weave "pattern" has a higher success rate in general...  Uhhh.. I hate the rivets..

hchien

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2013, 01:00:20 pm »
Yeah everything we're saying is hindsight.  In that particular situation there's no way he could have known-- the 3rd fireball to appear on the screen jets across the 4th girder and down 2 ladders.  That's fairly rare and very unlucky.  In fact I would argue that the initial setup was probably better suited for the star pattern.

The weave vs. star pattern is an ongoing debate that probably deserves it's own thread.  The outcome from previous debates is that there is not much difference in terms of survival or points if both are executed optimally.