Author Topic: Is the Crazy Kong Rivet stage harder than DK  (Read 6946 times)

Online homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
Is the Crazy Kong Rivet stage harder than DK
« on: December 13, 2015, 04:13:37 pm »
I have been taking Crazy Kong seriously the past week or so.  I have gotten to the point where I am rarely dying on the barrel boards, and the same with the elevator stage of course.  And I have even cut my deaths down on the pie factory.  But somehow someway the fireballs seem to have some kind of heat seeking property to them that go right after me.
I can't tell you how many times I have been chased to my death trying to do the star pattern.  I am even doing wall jumps to mostly no avail.  Who knows, maybe I am in some kind of extremely bad luck streak, but I hate the fact I can do everything right, and way, way, way too often I am on the receiving end of some kind of screw job.  If I streamed my play you would swear the game hates me it's so possessed.  Ugh.
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
Re: Is the Crazy Kong Rivet stage harder than DK
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2015, 05:36:32 pm »
Personally I've always thought it was harder. Not sure if its due to fireballs being more aggressive or because Jumpman moves slower.
I found the weave worked better as you could "suck em in" down the middle ladder when they are hanging around the hammer*

*Mileage may vary.
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank A DK 1.1M Point Scorer 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener DKJR Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Kibbey93

• Nibblayyyyyy.
    • Twitch.tv
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2015, 09:14:54 pm »
When I was going for my KS this was something I thought I noticed too. Not sure if it's just because of the relative ease of the other boards makes the rivet board seem harder, but I felt like I couldn't catch a break, fireballs seemed so aggresive.
DK Masters - Rank D Member for 9 Years DKJR Killscreener DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

lakeman421

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2015, 11:33:18 pm »
I learned both DK and CK around the same time, so I noticed this more as I learned more about these games.  The only thing I could really say about my observations is that I feel the fireballs make decisions to climb ladders much faster in CK.  Fireballs with "Freezer genes" in Dk tend to climb ladders more often than regular fireballs, and it seems all five of the CK ones act this way.  Since these are just general observations, I can't conclude anything unless it was completely analyzed within the code.  Either way there is something different with the rivet boards in both games, otherwise they would play more similar.