Author Topic: March Madness Anyone?  (Read 8109 times)

Offline LMDAVE

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
March Madness Anyone?
« on: March 12, 2013, 11:08:48 am »
I know some gamers are not sports fan, but the NCAA basketball bracket challenge each year is always fun.

I created a DK group on YAHOO for anyone that wants to join....just for fun and braggin rights. Join the group, fill out a bracket after Sunday and before MARCH 21, and see how yours does.

Use the group ID and password, or join direct through here.

http://tournament.fantasysports.yahoo.com/t1/register/joinprivategroup_assign_team?GID=38520&P=killscreen
Donkey Kong (Arcade): 1,108,100

Donkey Kong 1-1: 12,900

http://twitch.tv/LMDAVE
Member for 11 Years DK 1.1M Point Scorer Winner of a community event Blogger DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DK Level 1-1 World Record Holder Twitch Streamer

Offline LMDAVE

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
Re: March Madness Anyone?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2013, 06:58:24 pm »
OK, not many takers from the DK community in this arena it appears.

No maintenance in NCAA brackets, you create it once, and see how it goes. It's boring to pick all favorites, picking the correct upset (lower seed  over higher seed) is where you can really do good...and there's always upsets.

Member for 11 Years DK 1.1M Point Scorer Winner of a community event Blogger DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DK Level 1-1 World Record Holder Twitch Streamer

Simpsons99

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2013, 07:04:19 pm »
seems like this is starting later this year for some reason?  Am i wrong.

Offline VON

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2013, 07:24:01 pm »
I'm in Dave.  The Men's NCAA Basketball Tournament is far and away my favorite sporting event of the year.  The "DK Ballers" is the third bracket competition group I've joined.

Offline LMDAVE

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2013, 07:53:00 pm »
Yeah Ross, saw you joined. I love this event also. I remember being mad during Kong Off 1 that it wa during the same weekend as Round 1 & 2 of the bracket tournament.

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2013, 08:47:32 pm »
I joined. I like BB, however I must admit I do not keep up with any teams whatsoever. I figured I'd play along and have some fun anyway! Still have to set up my bracket, so I'll have to do some research first, then I'll be set!

P.s. Maybe this thread should just be moved to the General Discussion.
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline stella_blue

• High Score Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2013, 11:08:26 am »
I joined. I like BB, however I must admit I do not keep up with any teams whatsoever. I figured I'd play along and have some fun anyway! Still have to set up my bracket, so I'll have to do some research first, then I'll be set!

Research?  Bad idea, Mitch.  Just stick the bracket on a wall and throw a few darts at it.  Or, if you care about the wall, close your eyes and hold a leaking pen over the sheet of paper.  See where the drops land.  It occasionally works wonders with the NFL.

All kidding aside, the weekly football pool was a big deal at this one company where I worked.  The participation was huge, and a few players used interesting methods to make their picks:
  • One woman based her winners on where she preferred to go on vacation:  "Oh, I would much rather be in Miami than Cleveland!"  She went 13-0 one weekend, and had the whole thing wrapped up before the Monday Night game.
  • The girlfriend of a guy in our department made her picks according to the "toughness" of the team name:  "Shouldn't Giants be able to defeat Cowboys?"  I can't remember if she had any success with that strategy.
  • Another woman always submitted a sheet for Nathan, her 2-year-old son.  For each game, she would hold up the paper and have him point at column A or B.  One Thursday afternoon, after the final list had been distributed, a regular player (who was consistently a strong contender) made this observation:  "Hmmm.  I have exactly the same picks as this 'Nathan' guy, except for the Chicago - Tampa Bay game.  I wonder what he knows that I don't?"  It was hilarious.

DK High Score 
  (L22-1)
DK Level 1-1 
DK No Hammer 
  (L15-2)
Member for 11 Years Most Time Online DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
  • Don't follow me on Twitch/Scared of being followed
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2013, 01:30:28 pm »
Thought this said Marble Madness Anyone?

Was going to suggest that the forum where the main topic is the time of day a tournament score from a year ago was taken is perhaps the better alternative....

Carry on...
In the summer that you came
There was something eating everyone
And the sunshine fund was low
We couldn't greet you with a simple hello
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener

konghusker

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2013, 01:37:48 pm »
This is cool.  You may have to remind me though so I fill out my bracket picks.

Offline LMDAVE

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2013, 04:29:25 pm »
Well, the field of 64 has been selected and YAHOO already has them available for selecting. So, you can fill out your brackets at any time.

Not many DK players joined so I'll probably end up opening this up to whoever.

Remember, have you selections picked before Thursday at 12 EDT.

Offline Milehighdt

• Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2013, 04:44:35 pm »
I don't know jack about college hoops but I get all worked up over it every year and this year I'll get to watch my teams every game because they somehow got a 1 seed!! GO ZAGS!!

Thanks Dave for setting this up.
DK (Arcade) 1,129,700
DK No-hammer (Arcade) 768800 Killscreen
DK No-hammer (mame japan set)  524600 level 21-4
Member for 11 Years DKJR Killscreener Winner of a community event Individual Board Record Holder IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK No-Hammer Killscreener IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Former CK World Record Holder - MAME DK 1.1M Point Scorer DK 1M Point Scorer Former DK No-Hammer World Record Holder DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer CK Killscreener

Offline Bliss1083

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2013, 07:51:43 pm »
I don't follow like I use to but I loved watching Butler make it's runs a couple of times.
Donkey kong  arcade 867,000 kill screen
Donkey kong arcade 1-1 12,800 12,200 12,100 and 12,000
Donkey kong end of level 4 132k
working on my hello kitty island adventure skills
Member for 11 Years DKJR Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline LMDAVE

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2013, 06:19:58 am »
Yeah Jeff, I’m a big ZAG fan, hope they do well this year.

Reminder:

Don’t forget to fill out your brackets!

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2013, 01:05:47 am »
Looks like I lost this and took 3rd all because of the final game. Not bad for having no knowledge of anything college basketball! lol
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline mikegmi2

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2013, 07:18:33 am »
Yea I think I was the overall winner had Michigan pulled off the upset. Oh well, the Wolverines had a great run and there's always next year.  Hopefully Burke, Hardaway, and the others stick around for another season...but I have a feeling we will lose a player or 2.
Donkey Kong - 1,076,000 (arcade, KS)
Member for 11 Years DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer