Author Topic: 5 Best Spinner Games (non-driving)  (Read 11821 times)

Offline timhett

• Awards
5 Best Spinner Games (non-driving)
« on: October 01, 2015, 06:55:55 am »
1) Arkanoid

2) Mad Planets

3) Tempest

4) Cosmic Chasm

5) Discs of Tron

<Tim>
Millipede defaults - 1,902,984
Millipede TGTS - 360,827
Hi Score List -
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EVdor6Be4FNA9pV-mTIT8JpZWMKjhWPsTzqkG8RASyM/edit?usp=sharing
Member for 10 Years Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline D.B. Cooper

• Awards
Re: 5 Best Spinner Games (non-driving)
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2015, 10:15:55 am »
1. Mad Planets
2. Zektor
3. Star Trek
4. Tac/Scan
5. Warlords

Honerable mention.

Cosmic Chasm and Omega Race
Dick Moreland

Offline timhett

• Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2015, 10:26:00 am »
1. Mad Planets
2. Zektor
3. Star Trek
4. Tac/Scan
5. Warlords

Honerable mention.

Cosmic Chasm and Omega Race

Warlords - good catch, great game!  Kreygasm
Millipede defaults - 1,902,984
Millipede TGTS - 360,827
Hi Score List -
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EVdor6Be4FNA9pV-mTIT8JpZWMKjhWPsTzqkG8RASyM/edit?usp=sharing

Offline CaptainJivePants

• Teter
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2015, 03:09:41 pm »
1. Arkanoid
2. Crater Raider
3. Mad Planets
4. Forgotten Worlds
5. Pong

Not familiar with Tac/Scan yet, though, so I could be missing out.
DK Jr. - 818,900 (KS)
DK Jr. best first life - 714,700 (19-4)
APB - 215,074
Member for 9 Years DKJR Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline ebinsugewa

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2015, 02:11:03 pm »
Tac/Scan is awesome. Very unique game for the time.
we're in the yellow pages under 'spatulas'
Member for 11 Years Twitch Streamer Blogger IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member

Offline VectorGamer

• Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2015, 12:44:01 pm »
Tempest
Omega Race
Star Trek
Cutie Q
Arkanoid

I had to throw Cutie Q in there. I don't ever recall playing or seeing the arcade game. But I played it in MAME a few years ago and it's a really fun game to play because of all the bonuses you can collect.

The guy that developed Pac-Man programmed three pinball-breakout games: Gee Bee, Bomb Bee and Cutie Q. Of the three I would say Cutie Q is the best with Gee Bee being the worst only because it's too difficult - I think if you hit the ball 7 times with your paddle the speed increases to an insane level.

There was a game released for the Commodore 64 called Pinball Spectacular. This game most closely resembles the arcade game Bomb Bee.

I see I still have the top scores for Cutie Q (MAME) and Pinball Spectacular (C64) on TG. My guess is that it's because nobody plays these games.

It's interesting that Cosmic Chasm uses a spinner. I've never seen that cabinet except for when it was on Starcade. I've only played the version released for the Vectrex. I'm guessing the spinner is used on the arcade game to rotate the ship similar to how the spinner was used on Omega Race.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 12:46:49 pm by VectorGamer »
Star Castle (Vectrex) Champion Of the World!
PAPA 20 Ghostbusters Champ
Member Of the Billionaire Club
Member for 8 Years Blogger

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2015, 10:46:22 am »
Cutie Q

I had to throw Cutie Q in there. I don't ever recall playing or seeing the arcade game. But I played it in MAME a few years ago and it's a really fun game to play because of all the bonuses you can collect.

The guy that developed Pac-Man programmed three pinball-breakout games: Gee Bee, Bomb Bee and Cutie Q. Of the three I would say Cutie Q is the best with Gee Bee being the worst only because it's too difficult - I think if you hit the ball 7 times with your paddle the speed increases to an insane level.

I see I still have the top scores for Cutie Q (MAME) and Pinball Spectacular (C64) on TG. My guess is that it's because nobody plays these games.

These were taken in February at the Natsuge Museum in Akihabara, Tokyo.

"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Member for 11 Years snek CK Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline tudose

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2015, 10:54:40 am »
love me some cutie q...it was in the most recent crap tournament, turned out to be a great game imo at least
Member for 11 Years Former CK World Record Holder - MAME DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DK Masters - Rank D DKJR Killscreener DK 1.1M Point Scorer IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member Blogger Winner of a community event DK Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener Twitch Streamer Former DK Level 1-1 World Record Holder

Offline VectorGamer

• Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2015, 10:59:01 am »

These were taken in February at the Natsuge Museum in Akihabara, Tokyo.

Am I looking at that right? There's really no control panel there - a spinner on the front? So your hand is in front of your nads playing this?
Star Castle (Vectrex) Champion Of the World!
PAPA 20 Ghostbusters Champ
Member Of the Billionaire Club
Member for 8 Years Blogger

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2015, 11:30:21 am »
Am I looking at that right? There's really no control panel there - a spinner on the front? So your hand is in front of your nads playing this?

Yeah that's right. I wish I would have taken a better picture of the whole cab while they still had it out on the floor. It's small, the size of a cabaret. They had a tiny stool in front and if you stood up to play your hand would definitely be down low.  ;D
"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Member for 11 Years snek CK Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline tilt

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Repair man of DKF
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2015, 12:46:37 pm »
Alot of games from this period had terrible control panel designs
My stream is currently (http://www.twitch.tv/expandedidea/)
PB(s):
Donkey Kong: 1,116,400 (KS)
Donkey kong Hard roms(prev. world record): 914,200
Crazy Kong: 513,700 (KS)
Member for 9 Years DK 1.1M Point Scorer snek IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member DK 1M Point Scorer IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener DK Killscreener IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Blogger Twitch Streamer