Author Topic: 750 attempts  (Read 3546 times)

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
750 attempts
« on: March 02, 2013, 03:37:59 pm »
Yep, that is how long it has been since I last upped my Donkey Kong MAME high score since September 2011.  Was wondering how many attempts it has been for you since last time you upped your high score on Donkey Kong MAME or Arcade.  Yes, finally I figured out a way to have one of the highest numbers in relation to Donkey Kong!

P.S.  I am getting close to upping my high score again.  I darn near did it a couple of times in the past 10 attempts.  The elevator stage is much, much, much more manageable, and I am making leaps, and bounds in improvement with this stage.  Only problem is I am sort of slacking on a couple of the other stages now.  Specifically the Pie Factory, and Rivet stage.
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Have a score on every DK3 track Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
Re: 750 attempts
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2013, 03:49:40 pm »
Are you sure these are serious attempts? Are you restarting a lot? Cuz I would be very shocked if someone didn't up their PB (so long as it isn't already above 1m) within a hundred or two attempts. Really play the savestate of the springs until you are sick of it.
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2013, 04:16:38 pm »
Are you sure these are serious attempts? Are you restarting a lot? Cuz I would be very shocked if someone didn't up their PB (so long as it isn't already above 1m) within a hundred or two attempts. Really play the savestate of the springs until you are sick of it.

Well I have restarted if I die within the first few boards, and I guess about 5 of those 750 attempts I intentionally killed off my men on the second board when I reached an all time high score on Level 1-1.  I would say though that a good 600 of those 750 attempts are serious attempts.  Actually like I said I am starting to get the hang of the Elevator stage.  I don't die nearly as often.  As far as save states are concerned I don't know how to use them,and probably wouldn't anyways unless they are part of the game like 1942,  and Moon Patrol are.
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Have a score on every DK3 track Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline mikegmi2

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2013, 05:36:53 am »
I think what Mitch was suggesting was to use the save state feature of MAME to improve aspects of your game that you currently struggle with. The #1 thing people seem to do is make a save state right before you attempt to pass the 3rd elevator screen...and do it over and over until it's easy.

I never did this...but I could see how it would speed up your progress/abilities for certain parts of DK.
Donkey Kong - 1,076,000 (arcade, KS)
Member for 11 Years DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer