Author Topic: Hi guys - intro  (Read 7778 times)

Offline Jonesy

• Elite Member
    • Awards
Hi guys - intro
« on: February 26, 2013, 11:48:59 am »
Hi Guys,

I'm a 39 year old video arcade game enthusiast from across the sea in England with a passion for Donkey Kong and Donkey Kong Junior. I've been collecting video arcade machines since 1998 and i'm chasing my first DK Junior kill screen. I've been playing seriously since November 2012 and i'm up to level 16 grabbing 551k. I have a DK Junior cab and currently restoring 2 DK's....one for DK and the other to run D2K.

Mark Kiehl sent me a message via Youtube about the forum (thanks man) and i'm happy to be here

Cheers, 

Jonesy
Member for 11 Years DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline stella_blue

• High Score Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
    • Awards
Re: Hi guys - intro
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013, 11:59:14 am »

Welcome, Jonesy!  I'm confident you'll enjoy the time you spend here.

You've probably already noticed there's a forum section for other DK variations.

Watch out for this Xermon54 character.  He's a big troublemaker.   ;)

Just kidding, Vincent . . . again.

DK High Score 
  (L22-1)
DK Level 1-1 
DK No Hammer 
  (L15-2)
Member for 11 Years Most Time Online DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline JCHarrist

• Spring Jumper
    • Donkey Kong Forum
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2013, 12:42:19 pm »
Welcome aboard Jonesy! The Junior forum could use a little more love! :D
Member for 11 Years DKF Founder Former CK World Record Holder - Arcade CK Killscreener DK Killscreener

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2013, 12:47:32 pm »
Geetings! Always cool to have more people from someplace other than Canada/USA join the group! What got you into DKjr and DK?
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
  • Don't follow me on Twitch/Scared of being followed
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2013, 01:17:18 pm »
Hello mate!

If you enjoy the DK games, I would suggest trying Kangaroo as well as it is a personal fave of mine and compares rather favorably with DK Jr IMO. 

Cheers!
In the summer that you came
There was something eating everyone
And the sunshine fund was low
We couldn't greet you with a simple hello
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener

Offline Xermon54

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2013, 04:45:02 pm »
Welcome ;-).

I'm Vincent, the 2nd best player in the world at Check Man. Good luck on Donkey Kong!
1) World Record of the most insults received by a plastic surgeon - 3752

2:World Record of the most Check Man games played - 6 (tied with Hank Chien)
Member for 11 Years Blogger DK 1.1M Point Scorer DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DK Level 1-1 World Record Holder Twitch Streamer

hchien

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2013, 05:54:46 pm »
Welcome to DK forums.

Vincent don't lie to people about your Check Man scores!

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2013, 10:26:23 pm »
I'd second that Kangaroo suggestion!  ;)
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Jonesy

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2013, 12:16:43 am »

Thanks guys!  :)

Geetings! Always cool to have more people from someplace other than Canada/USA join the group! What got you into DKjr and DK?

Well, i was well  into the arcade scene as a youngster as most of us were although the arcades here weren’t in the same league as what you guys were used to. We had mostly horrible generic Jamma cabs full of bootleg boards 

Donkey kong  and Junior were both favourites on home consoles and  purchased my first dedicated Nintendo cab back in 2002 being a big Nintendo fan, a Donkey Kong Junior came up for sale on ebay.uk  and these are not seen often over here, especially back then so I got it. It was sold a year later!

A couple of years later i managed to find a nice DK which was with me a few years and when the king of kong was released this cab had alot of use and was into the 400k's but again then unfortunately sold to help fund my motocross.

A few years ago i brought a crapped out DK Junior from Germany that i restored but i've only recently decided to take gaming seriously after a recent DK Junior hi-score competition on a uk forum so now decided to do my best to reach the KS and try and put a decent score up.

I better be checking out some Kangaroo!
Member for 11 Years DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline marky_d

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2013, 02:53:43 pm »
Hey, glad you made it over! Ususally if I run into somebody online with similar arcade game interests, once I invite them to a forum/stream, they run and are never heard from again haha. Enjoy!
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK 1.1M Point Scorer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DKJR World Record Holder - Arcade DKJR Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2013, 03:47:07 pm »
Hey, glad you made it over! Ususally if I run into somebody online with similar arcade game interests, once I invite them to a forum/stream, they run and are never heard from again haha. Enjoy!

Didn't you invite Brian Allen to the CAG forums?  Well considering how much we hear from him, it more than makes up for all the runners. ;)
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank D DK Killscreener IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Have a score on every DK3 track Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Fast Eddie

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2013, 06:18:32 pm »
hey Jonesy!

8)

Offline KIG666

• KIG666 MARP
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2013, 04:53:28 am »
Welcome mate  :)
Member for 11 Years DK 1.1M Point Scorer Individual Board Record Holder DK 1M Point Scorer IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member Blogger DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline syscrusher

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2013, 08:25:53 am »
Welcome aboard!
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank C Winner of a community event Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener Blogger DK 1M Point Scorer DKJR Killscreener CK Killscreener Former D2K World Record Holder Twitch Streamer DK Killscreener