Author Topic: Trippin My Face Off To 1m  (Read 47070 times)

Online TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
  • Don't follow me on Twitch/Scared of being followed
    • Awards
Re: Trippin My Face Off To 1m
« Reply #60 on: August 25, 2014, 05:34:46 am »
I managed to get by fellow NJ resident Jamie Cahill's TG Turbo (hard settings) arcade record the other day.  BEA seated.   <Roy> 

In the summer that you came
There was something eating everyone
And the sunshine fund was low
We couldn't greet you with a simple hello
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener

Offline f_symbols

• Spring Jumper
  • wht u mean
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: August 25, 2014, 06:57:53 am »
Keep going good wags.  Now, you better buckle down and get 1m on the cab before its too late and everything, because that is what the community decided! :-)
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member Winner of a community event Former DK Remix World Record Holder DK Remix Killscreener IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK 1M Point Scorer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Blogger DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Online TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: October 21, 2014, 05:00:08 am »
I haven't played much of anything lately but I need to keep this Blog patch in the system....   Kappa

I do have a b-day coming up and my plan for that is to eat Pot stickers, drunken man noodles and then go to the arcade and finally break 200k on Galaxian.  I've had like 3 games between 190-200k and it's sort of personal with that machine now (there's a dedicated one local to me).  Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things but something that's been annoying me.  I play it incorrectly as I don't count enemies to lessen the swarm at all, I just YOLO it which I find to be the most fun, but is likely why I haven't managed much higher scores.  Swarms are really fun though.   Kreygasm

To quote my buddy Ross..."LET'S GO!"
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 05:02:01 am by pwnasaurus »
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener

Offline stella_blue

• High Score Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: October 21, 2014, 08:44:50 am »
I do have a b-day coming up and my plan for that is to eat Pot stickers, drunken man noodles and then go to the arcade and finally break 200k on Galaxian.
The Drunken Noodles at  Montien Boston  are outstanding.

The Chicken & Shrimp Pad Thai is also quite good.

DK High Score 
  (L22-1)
DK Level 1-1 
DK No Hammer 
  (L15-2)
Member for 11 Years Most Time Online DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Online TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: October 21, 2014, 09:28:14 am »
I do have a b-day coming up and my plan for that is to eat Pot stickers, drunken man noodles and then go to the arcade and finally break 200k on Galaxian.
The Drunken Noodles at  Montien Boston  are outstanding.

The Chicken & Shrimp Pad Thai is also quite good.

Perhaps, but is there a dedicated Galaxian around the block from it?

Online TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: November 01, 2014, 08:41:07 pm »

Managed it a week earlier than planned and got a 207k.  I think my accuracy is decent but I need to cut down on stupid mistakes.  I'll keep playing since I love the game.  Next stop 300k.   <Sanders>
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 06:42:30 am by pwnasaurus »

Offline Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: November 01, 2014, 09:46:51 pm »
u hav deh mad skilz!

<3 it mate Kreygasm
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank A DK 1.1M Point Scorer 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 Submit a score for every DK3 track DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener Winner of a community event IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member DKJR Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline timhett

• Awards
« Reply #67 on: November 02, 2014, 08:49:13 am »
 Kreygasm Loveit.  Great job Steve, congrats!  Hopefully a good omen for other birthday scores. 
Millipede defaults - 1,902,984
Millipede TGTS - 360,827
Hi Score List -
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EVdor6Be4FNA9pV-mTIT8JpZWMKjhWPsTzqkG8RASyM/edit?usp=sharing
Member for 10 Years Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline syscrusher

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: November 02, 2014, 03:37:19 pm »
Keep going, sir.
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank C Winner of a community event Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener Blogger DK 1M Point Scorer DKJR Killscreener CK Killscreener Former D2K World Record Holder Twitch Streamer DK Killscreener

Online TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: November 24, 2014, 06:27:47 pm »
Went to Funspot for a bit this past week for  <Mruczek> 's weekend of fun-ness.  Fellow DKFers Tim, Brendan, Martin, Donald and MSP were in attendance as well as other luminaries such as  <Kuh> .    Kappa

I was able to play a dedicated Bank Panic for the first time and managed to break 1m before all the patrons at the bank started to look the same.  I improved my Dig Dug speed to 1m a bit over last year by about 5 rounds which pleases me and I also had a PB on 5 man only Millipede with a 197k.  Also came close to beating the Funspot high score on Zarzon but missed it by 1k.   I attempted to setup a team play Wizard of Wor tourney but the game was spazzing out on us.  Brendan  BibleThump 'd because he was off to a great start on it I reckon.

Brendan and Mike set a new WR on doubles 1943 and  <Mruczek> had a 700k+ game of Pandora's.  My favorite part of the weekend was finding a new breakfast place called Kitchen Cravings which was incredible.  Also, Tim introduced me to a game called Galaga '88 which I took a liking to on Sunday.  My wife was able to finally break 200k on a Vs. Dr Mario with a 260k which was enjoyed by all. 

I didn't get around to playing any DK, a couple of times I felt like playing it, there was a crowd at the machine surprisingly.  All in all had a great time hanging with my mates, drinking and playing games, lit.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 08:03:42 pm by pwnasaurus »

Offline timhett

• Awards
« Reply #70 on: November 25, 2014, 08:22:18 pm »
 Kreygasm lovit mate Many a good time was had <Allen> That candlepin bowling is good times, gonna look for it in nyc me thinks
Got any butter for my cornbread?  <Pigger>
Millipede defaults - 1,902,984
Millipede TGTS - 360,827
Hi Score List -
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EVdor6Be4FNA9pV-mTIT8JpZWMKjhWPsTzqkG8RASyM/edit?usp=sharing
Member for 10 Years Blogger Twitch Streamer

Online TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: March 25, 2015, 05:29:31 am »
I haven't updated this in awhile and I don't want to lose one of the toughest badges on DKF to get  Kappa

I took a bit of a break from playing and then Yolympics happened and since February is awful, it made sense to stay inside and play games.   Had a lot of fun learning some new games and helping team Starfox finish ahead of the Weeaboos.

Haven't played too much of anything else since and have spent some of my gaming time writing some DKF/CAG related rhymes that should hopefully be entertaining at some point.

Also started enjoying the Tut a bit at Richie's and have fired it up in MAME.  Since I can't pass Board 4 yet, it's a fun, quick game, unlike the grind of DK which I just haven't been motivated to play although I set a new keyboard PB during Yolympics so I started to get used to the lack of arcade controls at least.

With baseball season upcoming, my playing will be non-existent (save for the replacement Funspot tourney in May/June) but I still plan to hang out and check in with my cobbas.  I'm also planning to rock Richie's mini "Like A Boss" tourney at the Allentown, PA show.  Lit.   <YSG>

Offline ebinsugewa

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: March 25, 2015, 05:43:11 pm »
see you in seven months or so

rip wags
we're in the yellow pages under 'spatulas'
Member for 11 Years Twitch Streamer Blogger IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member

Online TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: May 14, 2015, 05:24:25 am »
Gotta keep the blog patch intact....

Won the Allentown, PA tourney completing the first loop of Gorf, Zaxxon and Phoenix in about 4 and a half minutes.  There's plenty of room for improvement as I've had Gorf games where I've destroyed the flagship in 1 shot and didn't play Phoenix like a fkstick as I did in this game but was still pleased with the time.   Twas a fun exercise and I hope RK continues to do these time trials. 

I head off to Funspot for the John's Arcade Outsiders Brofest Event in a few weeks.  Looking forward to the break as work has been really busy and between that and baseball season I haven't had much time to play anything at all.  Hopefully some fun games in the tourney.

I will get back to DK at some point this year.  I get a week off in July when I typically play a ton of games at my wife's family's beach house so I'll likely pick it up again at that point, unless a Wolf Tourney occurs.   <stirpot>

WCopeland

« Reply #74 on: May 14, 2015, 06:37:28 am »
July is IGBY2 <stirpot>