Author Topic: Top 5 Scariest Classic Arcade Game Sounds  (Read 11971 times)

Offline SanTe

• Awards
Re: Top 5 Scariest Classic Arcade Game Sounds
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2014, 09:15:24 pm »
1. Sinistar - Sinistar scream RRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This.  If you have the volume turned up on this game like it should be it not only will startle you it will make the people playing games next to you shit their pants.
Member for 10 Years Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2014, 11:32:32 am »
1. Sinister scream.
2. Not an arcade game, but when the two walking demons with pants come out the doors in Doom.
3. When your health is running low in Doom.
4.  The knock sound in Qbert.  I remember as a kid being startled by that sound.  I guess you don't expect a video game to produce an organic sound like that.
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank D DK Killscreener IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline Fly

• Awards
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2014, 05:34:37 pm »
FTW!!!!!!

STAR CASTLE. When that big mofo in the middle shoots that big ol' ball of get the F-outa here! I shit my pants every time.

Hec
Member for 10 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Twitch Streamer

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
  • Don't follow me on Twitch/Scared of being followed
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2014, 04:43:38 am »
Ooh, that's a great one Hec.  I agree.
In the summer that you came
There was something eating everyone
And the sunshine fund was low
We couldn't greet you with a simple hello
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener

Offline D.B. Cooper

• Awards
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2014, 12:39:18 pm »
This won't shock anyone but I like the pulsing sound from Asteroids.  Starts off nice and slow but picks up pace as you continue to shoot rocks and by the time the little ship comes out to shoot you, the pulsing is as fast as your heart rate.  Then, when you clear the field of rocks, the sound stops.
Dick Moreland
Member for 10 Years Blogger Twitch Streamer