Author Topic: Mitch's Gaming Goals  (Read 138303 times)

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
Re: Mitch's Gaming Goals
« Reply #195 on: July 28, 2016, 11:48:52 pm »
Got 14,780 on ICB today with only two deaths. Had to cut the game off after that cuz I was only on a work break. I've also started working on the racing game Hydro Thunder. Gonna take it one track at a time until I know all the secret tunnels. Then I'll start going for good times. Should be a lot like Cruis'n USA but with less trollish AI. I'm also back to practicing Frogger.
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #196 on: July 30, 2016, 02:18:43 pm »
I forgot to mention that two days ago I nearly had a perfect game of skeeball. I got 440 points on a nine-ball machine with 50 points as the highest points you can get per ball (actually, I got 490 points because I had been working on the mchine at the time and didn't realize that the machine had an extra ball in it). We have 4 machines at the barcade and they each play a little differently, so I'll need to get used to their specific quirks. As of right now I have a throw down that seems to be averaging me about 350ish points a round. To put this in perspective, we occasionally do a day where we give out beers to anyone who can get over 300. People at the bar have literally been begging me to keep playing. lol. I'll be trying a few attempts every day I work in hopes of putting a perfect game together.
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #197 on: August 26, 2016, 03:21:38 am »
Been out of commission for a couple weeks because I hurt my back weightlifting. Finally back to almost 100%, so I was able to work tonight. Just wanted to note that it appears that, eventually, at some point down the line, I will be the main person on staff providing impetus and/or direction for the Up Down's high-score board as well as a possible gaming league/team. As of right now, though, I've been liberally sharing tricks/skills/techniques with many people on several different games in order to help prepare a field of players for when this goal comes to fruition. Most significantly, I've been doing this with our 4-player cocktail T&F machine. I'm slowly starting to notice that more and more people are getting good at this game and even lingering at it for an hour or more. I hope that pretty soon I'll start seeing people breaking into the 70k and 80k range on the 1-loop setting.

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #198 on: August 26, 2016, 08:20:08 pm »
Below is the second text-dump of my goals list (from 2014, but it remained relatively untouched through 2015 and the first half of 2016 as well because of Rusty Quarter's closure). Saving it for record-keeping purposes before I slim down my goals (since many of my personal cabs/consoles are in storage for the time being) and update them for the rest of 2016.
________________________________________________________________________________

THE FOLLOWING IS UNDER CONSTRUCTION AND BEING UPDATED TO REPRESENT MY 2014 GOALS
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Preface to 2014 goals: Since Rusty Quarters is now closed, and my computer is too old/slow to open up Parallels and play/record MAME on windows without lag (I have a Mac), most of my game playing this year will be limited to both the 60-in-1 machine I intend on finishing up soon as well as the CAG collections I have acquired for various console systems (PS2, Xbox, Gamecube). I'll be marking down on what particular system scores are achieved as I go, as I know not all systems are fully analogous. I'm listing the entire list of games in the 60-in-1 and my CAG console collections for now until I have a chance to play some of each game. As I find which games I'm actually interested in (which I'll hopefully finish doing this month) I will whittle down the list to a more manageable size. If anyone has a particular game suggestion for me to try or that they think I'd like, please let me know! Lastly, I also intend on saving up to buy a better camera with which to stream as well as a better camera mount for my cabs.

General Note: This list can be changed to be made harder as I see fit. If I am finding a goal too easy, I will bump it up a bit. Already done this with several games in the past. I'll be noting when I up a PB in the main thread if it is significant and then editing this first post as I progress.

GENERAL GOALS: (2014 goals are in red)

60-in-1 game goals:
------------------------
Game                                            PB                               Goal                                WR
1942...............................................?.....................................?.....................................?
1943...............................................?.....................................?.....................................?
Kai..................................................?.....................................?.....................................?
Amidar............................................?.....................................?.....................................?
Arkanoid..........................................?.....................................?.....................................?
Bomb Jack.......................................?.....................................?.....................................?
Burger Time..............................2,540,200............................8M...............................~11M
Centipede....................................~75K.............................~500k...............................~7M
Congo Bongo...................................?.....................................?.....................................?
Crush Roller.....................................?.....................................?.....................................?
Dig Dug......................................259,390..............................1M....................................?
Dig Dug 2........................................?.....................................?.....................................?
Donkey Kong Jr..........................189,700..............................1M..............................~1.4M
Donkey Kong 3................................?.....................................?.....................................?
Frogger.......................................~40k.................................100k.................................?
Galaga.............................................?.....................................?.....................................?
Galaga (Fast Mode).......................~1M..................................2M....................................?
Galaga 3..........................................?.....................................?.....................................?
Galaxian..........................................?.....................................?.....................................?
Gun Smoke......................................?.....................................?.....................................?
Gyruss.............................................?.....................................?.....................................?
Hustler.............................................?.....................................?.....................................?
Jr. Pac-Man......................................?.....................................?.....................................?
Jr. Pac-Man (Fast Mode)....................?.....................................?.....................................?
Jumping Jack....................................?.....................................?.....................................?
Juno First.........................................?.....................................?.....................................?
King and Balloon...............................?.....................................?.....................................?
Ladybug...........................................?.....................................?.....................................?
Mappy..............................................?.....................................?.....................................?
Millipede...........................................?.....................................?.....................................?
Moon Cresta.....................................?.....................................?.....................................?
Mr. Do..............................................?.....................................?.....................................?
Mr. Do’s Castle.................................?.....................................?.....................................?
Ms. Pac-Man.....................................?.....................................?.....................................?
Ms. Pac-Man (Fast mode)..................?.....................................?.....................................?
New Rally X......................................?.....................................?.....................................?
Pac-Man...........................................?.....................................?.....................................?
Pac-Man (Fast Mode)........................?.....................................?.....................................?
Pac-Man Plus....................................?.....................................?.....................................?
Pac-Man Plus (Fast mode).................?.....................................?.....................................?
Pengo...............................................?.....................................?.....................................?
Phoenix............................................?.....................................?.....................................?
Pinball Action....................................?.....................................?.....................................?
Pleiads..............................................?.....................................?.....................................?
Pooyan.............................................?.....................................?.....................................?
Qix...................................................?.....................................?.....................................?
Scramble..........................................?.....................................?.....................................?
Shao-Lin’s Road................................?.....................................?.....................................?
Space Invaders.............................24,510.............................100k............................~290K
Space Panic.......................................?.....................................?.....................................?
Super Breakout.................................?.....................................?.....................................?
Super Cobra......................................?.....................................?.....................................?
Super Pac-Man..................................?.....................................?.....................................?
Tank Battalion...................................?.....................................?.....................................?
The End............................................?.....................................?.....................................?
Time Pilot..........................................?.....................................?.....................................?
Van-Van Car......................................?.....................................?.....................................?
Xevious.............................................?.....................................?.....................................?
Zaxxon..............................................?.....................................?.....................................?

CAG console collections goals:
---------------------------------------------------------------

Midway Arcade Treasures:
Game                                              PB                               Goal                                WR
SpyHunter.........................................?.....................................?.....................................?
Defender...........................................?.....................................?.....................................?
Gauntlet............................................?.....................................?.....................................?
Joust............................................~350k................................1M....................................?
Paperboy...........................................?.....................................?.....................................?
Rampage...........................................?.....................................?.....................................?
Marble Madness.................................?.....................................?.....................................?
Robotron 2084..................................?.....................................?.....................................?
Smash TV..........................................?.....................................?.....................................?
Joust 2..............................................?.....................................?.....................................?
Bubbles.............................................?.....................................?.....................................?
RoadBlasters......................................?.....................................?.....................................?
Stargate............................................?.....................................?.....................................?
Moon Patrol........................................?.....................................?.....................................?
Blaster...............................................?.....................................?.....................................?
Rampart............................................?.....................................?.....................................?
Sinistar..............................................?.....................................?.....................................?
Super Sprint......................................?.....................................?.....................................?
720...................................................?.....................................?.....................................?
Toobin'..............................................?.....................................?.....................................?
KLAX.................................................?.....................................?.....................................?
SPLAT!..............................................?.....................................?.....................................?
Satan's Hollow...................................?.....................................?.....................................?
Vindicators.........................................?.....................................?.....................................?
Root Beer Tapper................................?.....................................?.....................................?

Midway Arcade Treasures 2:
Game                                               PB                               Goal                                WR
Rampage World Tour...........................?.....................................?.....................................?
Mortal Kombat II & 3..........................?.....................................?.....................................?
Gauntlet II.........................................?.....................................?.....................................?
Pit Fighter..........................................?.....................................?.....................................?
Primal Rage........................................?.....................................?.....................................?
Hard Drivin'........................................?.....................................?.....................................?
Kozmik Krooz'r....................................?.....................................?.....................................?
Narc....................................................?.....................................?.....................................?
Championship Sprint...........................?.....................................?.....................................?
Cyberball 2072....................................?.....................................?.....................................?
Spy Hunter II......................................?.....................................?.....................................?
Arch Rivals..........................................?.....................................?.....................................?
Wacko.................................................?.....................................?.....................................?
Total Carnage......................................?.....................................?.....................................?
A.P.B...................................................?.....................................?.....................................?
Wizard of Wor......................................?.....................................?.....................................?
Timber.................................................?.....................................?.....................................?
Xenophobe...........................................?.....................................?.....................................?
Xybots.................................................?.....................................?.....................................?

Midway Arcade Treasures 3:
Game                                                PB                               Goal                                WR
Badlands..............................................?.....................................?.....................................?
Offroad Thunder...................................?.....................................?.....................................?
Race Drivin'..........................................?.....................................?.....................................?
San Francisco Rush the Rock.................?.....................................?.....................................?
S.T.U.N. Runner...................................?.....................................?.....................................?
Super Off Road......................................?.....................................?.....................................?
Hydro Thunder (console version)............?.....................................?.....................................?
San Francisco Rush 2049 (cv)...............?.....................................?.....................................?

Namco Museum 50th Anniversary (that aren't in the 60-in-1):
Game                                                 PB                               Goal                                WR
Pole Position.........................................?.....................................?.....................................?
Pole Position II......................................?.....................................?.....................................?
Rolling Thunder....................................?.....................................?.....................................?
Rally X..................................................?.....................................?.....................................?
Bosconian.............................................?.....................................?.....................................?
Dragon Spirit........................................?.....................................?.....................................?
Sky Kid.................................................?.....................................?.....................................?

CRUIS'N USA:

Note: I now own a CUSA upright arcade cab, so this will allow me more opportunity to pursue improving my CUSA times this year. I also introduced myself to some of the twitch.tv streamers of the N64 version of this game and they ended up finding some evidence of even better times having been performed on this game bitd (https://donkeykongforum.net/index.php?topic=100.msg13851#msg13851), so now there is more incentive for me to continue trying to improve on this game.

2014 goal: Get the WR on every CUSA Arcade track:

Key:
* means I have the WR
# means this race is only available during the 'all-tracks' race, and thus (usually) requires much more effort to play and improve on

Note: I will be playing all tracks on the hardest difficulty for the 2014 year on forward.

Race                          WR time (that is known)                My PB
Appalachia............................1:38.69............................1:38.72
Arizona.................................1:27.98............................1:27.74*
Beverly Hills..........................1:34.99............................1:36.45
Chicago................................1:37.03............................1:37.60
Death Valley.........................1:37.90............................1:38.60
Golden Gate..........................1:46.94............................1:47.20
Grand Canyon.......................1:40.36............................1:41.96
Indiana.................................1:28.23............................1:32.30
Iowa.....................................1:37.98............................1:39.70
LA Freeway...........................1:49.63............................1:46.67*
Redwood Forest.....................1:45.xx............................1:46.89
San Francisco........................1:40.xx............................1:42.38
US 101..................................1:45.58............................1:45.29*
Washington D.C.....................1:21.43............................1:23.98#
All tracks race........................22:48.61..........................22:54.03

General DK Goals

Key:
* means I have reached my goal
** means I have the WR

Stage                  WR                               Goal                                   PB
1-1..................13,600..........................14,000..............................13,200 (arcade record)
1-2..................25,xxx...........................25,000..............................23,700
2-1..................36,200..........................35,000...............................33,800
2-2..................45,400......................... 43,000..............................40,600
2-3..................57,500..........................53,000..............................50,600
3-1..................68,200..............................?.......................................?
3-2..................78,300..............................?.......................................?
3-3..................85,600..............................?.......................................?
3-4...................98,400.........................92,000..............................89,400
4-1..................111,700............................?.......................................?
4-2..................122,800............................?.......................................?
4-3..................134,800............................?.......................................?
4-4..................142,000............................?.......................................?
4-5 (Start).......150,600........................140,000............................138,300
Level 5+...........69,900.........................66,000..............................64,xxx
NH Start...........93,100..........................90,000..............................(NONE)
NH highscore...745,200.........................600,000............................269,xxx
Lowscore KS..........?..............................600,000............................(NONE)
Highscore........1,206,800.....................1,100,000...........................886,300

Other DK-Related Goals:

Goal                                                                            PB
1.1m+ on DK Jr......................................................................189,700 @ 1.2m pace
250k+ on D2K (6 man)............................................................75kish
150k+ on the wild barrel hack (MAME).....................................92,300
42k+ on DK 4 man challenge....................................................40,800
20k+ on DK BGC 4-man...........................................................17,600
7k+ on DK BGC 1-man survival.................................................4,200
Killscreen DK w/ NH

Console Goals:

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Current games I have my eyes on:

Cruis'n USA (N64)
Doom games
Intellivision Lives games (PS2)
Jedi Outcast (xbox)
Mario Kart (N64)
Megaman games
Metroid games
Sonic Mega Collection (xbox)
Return to Castle Wolfenstein (Xbox)
Super Mario Bros games
Turok games

PC Games:

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

AOE games
Wolfenstein games
Chess
Chip's Challenge
Duke Nukem
Commander Keen games
Jazz Jackrabbit games

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013 Goals Results: https://donkeykongforum.net/index.php?topic=100.msg14404#msg14404
Modify message
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 11:11:18 PM by marinomitch13 »
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 08:49:02 pm by marinomitch13 »

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #199 on: August 29, 2016, 12:57:03 am »
Spent a couple hours tidying up the first post as well as filling in the "WR" columns with TG info. Gonna have to probably do another session or two looking into things more closely and tidying things up even more. Done for tonight, though.

I gotta finish putting in my trackball on my 60-in-1 and then get it to my church's youth room so that I can start getting pushed on these titles!

EDIT: If anyone looks over the WRs I've inputted and is very certain I've gotten something wrong (or knows a score I am still missing), please do me the favor and post a comment here letting me know so the amount of research I have to do is less. Thanks!
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 01:11:07 am by marinomitch13 »

Offline Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
« Reply #200 on: August 29, 2016, 03:48:27 am »
Don't think theres any Jumping Jack arcade scores around but the MAME WR is 1,001,690 by VERTEX-DAN. Replay available on MARP.
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank A DK 1.1M Point Scorer 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 Have a score on every DK3 track DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener Winner of a community event IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member DKJR Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #201 on: August 29, 2016, 04:19:56 am »
Don't think theres any Jumping Jack arcade scores around but the MAME WR is 1,001,690 by VERTEX-DAN. Replay available on MARP.

Thanks! I'll add it on. Eventually, I'm gonna check which score is higher for each game, mame or arcade track, and post the highest of the two in the "WR" column.

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #202 on: August 31, 2016, 02:02:25 am »
I just got home from helping move in the Up Down's new arcade game: Killer Queen. This game looks epic. It's also apparently one of the most expensive arcade games out there. It's a 5 v. 5 game, with like 3 different ways to win. It looks to have lots of similarities to Joust, so hopefully I can get a leg up on the competition, as I'm sure we're gonna start forming some teams and leagues fairly quickly.

Here is a site put together by the Kansas City Up Down organizing some info about the game, if you're curious: http://www.killerqueenkc.com/

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #203 on: September 28, 2016, 03:12:44 am »
Updated pinball WRs from Pinside website data where applicable (i.e. better than found elsewhere). Also added a random 2.3m score on Iron Man. Should be easy to beat.

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #204 on: October 02, 2016, 03:08:17 am »
Asked my manager what game at the bar I should work on next. We couldn't really decide, so I'm pulling a complete random choice out of nowhere and giving giant Connect 4 a shot (since I already play lots of Chess and Go). Already loving it. In terms of arcade games, though, I think Crystal Castles will be most practical, due to how short a game it is and I can get some games in even while on shift on the slow days.

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #205 on: October 05, 2016, 01:35:15 am »
Currently killing it at connect 4 at the bar against random people. Haven't lost yet, even though I still haven't memorized all the Joseki "perfect games" (there are like 25 of them that are significant, apparently).

I've also had a guy going against me at Ice Cold Beer (actually, several people are starting to get goo at this game and T&F -one guy is up to the high 80k's on T&F!). He's beaten my overall high score as well as my one-loop high score. I upped my one-loop best to 5170 points. Gonna add a row for that one.

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #206 on: October 11, 2016, 04:35:37 am »
Been playing a lot of Killer Queen. Up Down just had our first tournament last night and it was awesome. I wasn't able to compete because I am an employee, but my forearm stamina is getting great because of the game (I am the main proponent for the double flap constantly for flying in the game -it is kinda like Joust with Mario Bros. physics)

Because of this I'm playing more and more T&F. I'm now getting a lot more consistent at the wobble tech because of this as well. I also had a chance to play a bit of Defender and BT last night as a break from things and I'm slowly remembering the patterns for the latter.

I can feel the bug coming back!

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #207 on: October 22, 2016, 03:32:25 am »
Just wanted to note that Up Down MPLS just got a new, huge shipment of tokens in which puts them now right at having a total of 1,100,000 tokens in circulation! Big Big Big!

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #208 on: December 03, 2016, 04:51:57 pm »
Been mainly working on Ice Cold Beer and Killer Queen, but I wanted to give a small update: Because of people wanting to train their forearm stamina for KQ I've gotten a lot of people interested in T&F. Several of our top KQ players are breaking into the 80K range on T&F, so I'm hoping to try to push them even higher and maybe into the 90K+ range eventually. If we're lucky, maybe we'll become a T&F hub of sorts!

Update:

Crazy Taxi and APB got removed from the arcade.
ICB (one loop): New PB of 5220
« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 04:54:53 pm by marinomitch13 »

Online homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #209 on: December 03, 2016, 09:56:02 pm »
I checked out Killer Queen, and wouldn't a better practice game be joust?
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Have a score on every DK3 track Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener