Author Topic: Mitch's Gaming Goals  (Read 138885 times)

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
Re: Mitch's Gaming Goals
« Reply #135 on: May 02, 2014, 12:15:30 am »
I apologize for the lack of updates (or even setting up) my 2014 goals. To be honest, I've kinda been focusing on my Theology and Chess goals for a bit (both require lots of study), and I've been intending to go more hardcore at games again when summer comes around.

In the mean time, these are my immediate goals:

1) Get another webcam. The one I have, I use exclusively for my DK machine (since I have it on my DK camera mount), but I need another one that will be more readily usable for when I go to my best friend's house and want to either stream console games or on my Cruis'n USA machine. I'm intending on purchasing one tomorrow (and hopefully of higher quality than the one I currently have).

2) Update my list. I'm gonna work on this shortly (tonight), as well as hopefully tomorrow night when I am at my best friend's house.

3) Purchase all my needed 60-in-1 parts. Gotta get a new, generic multicab CP (don't wanna damage my original Galaga one I have currently) and order the jamma board. My wife and I got a decent tax return, so I feel comfortable spending a couple hundred on that.
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #136 on: May 06, 2014, 10:58:33 pm »
So... apparently I have a badge now...

How does it work? Don't I get super powers or something?  Kappa

Just got 886,300 on DK. A KS.  Kreygasm
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #137 on: May 07, 2014, 04:29:18 pm »
Just put in orders for all the stuff needed to set up my 60-in-1 cab (thanks to a decent tax return this year). Hype. I'll maybe be ready to play in like 1-2 weeks (?). Lovit.

I can even stream some BT to help out Ross.

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #138 on: May 13, 2014, 12:08:49 am »
Got my PCB today and plugged it in to make sure it worked. Everything looks good. Just waiting on my CP which should arrive shortly. In the meantime, I'll go through and check that all the games are on the proper settings while also continuing to edit my first post by adding in the WRs for all the individual games.

Also, I should note, my new job at Family Video is pretty fun and hours are starting to increase as I am getting trained in on everything. This, mixed with the fact that I am pursuing some fairly lofty reading goals during the next year may put a damper on how much time I'll have to go nuts on gaming for a while. Gonna have to make each streaming session count! Because of this, I'll be adding in a numbering system to my goals to indicate the priority level I'll be giving to... say... my top 3-5 goals.

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #139 on: May 16, 2014, 10:20:14 pm »
Got my CP a couple days ago. Been working, so tomorrow is my first real chance to install it. Barring anything unintended preventing me, I'll be installing the CP tomorrow (minus hooking up buttons 2 and 3, cuz I realize I need more wiring for that) and I'll hopefully be able to stream some BT tutorials (i.e. the safest and easiest patterns I know).

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #140 on: June 08, 2014, 12:03:06 am »
Been more busy with work, kicking my other personal hobbies/studies into overdrive, as well as I had the transmission on my suburban burn up on me last week. All these things are contributing to both my relative absence on twitch/forums as well as my delay in getting my multicab up and running. Real life first, right?  ;) Hope to catch a break sometime and get this sucker done!  <Billy>

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #141 on: August 14, 2014, 12:14:36 am »
Looks like 2014 is gonna be a relatively slow year for me and gaming (just too busy with work and study). However, my dad will be getting married early next year, and since my wife and I currently rent out his basement, it is likely that once he moves out we will just decide to rent out the upstairs as well. If this happens, it looks like I will be able to put together a basement arcade and library. All this to say, next year looks promising.

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #142 on: October 21, 2014, 08:49:41 pm »
So... i just found out that there is a new arcade in town. Er... rather... it has been in St. Paul for apparrently over a year... and I did not know about it. How could this be?

Needless to say, this is gonna put a big damper on my studying schedule, as I have a hankerin' for some CAGing! And, by the looks of it, they have quite a different selection than Rusty Quarters had (they have a Toobin'!).

The arcade is called "Hidden Treasures Arcade".

Offline VON

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #143 on: October 21, 2014, 09:43:15 pm »
Top 5 arcades that sound like adult video stores or strip clubs:

#5. Hidden Treasures
#4. Funspot
#3. Add-a-Ball
#2. Boomers
#1. Smile Factory

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #144 on: October 22, 2014, 12:21:27 am »
Top 5 arcades that sound like adult video stores or strip clubs:

#5. Hidden Treasures
#4. Funspot
#3. Add-a-Ball
#2. Boomers
#1. Smile Factory

ROFL

Offline alumbrada

• Awards
« Reply #145 on: October 22, 2014, 01:05:35 am »
DK high score: 89,100
Member for 10 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #146 on: December 17, 2014, 09:05:00 am »
I just recently started a new job. It's basically my dream job where I get to process books (I'm kinda a big-time book lover, as you'll probably see once I post some pictures of my library that I will be setting up in my mancave a few months from now) while also watching debates/lectures for hours (i.e basically, studying for seminary in the future -also one of my hobbies). Add to this the fact that this job pays really well and also is at my best friend's apartment.

All this to say, this job will set me up nicely to really get back into gaming in 2015, and it will even provide income to maybe buy a few more cabs and restore and fix them up nicely. These are the long term benefits.

In the short term, since the job pays well, I will have a few more hours here and there to get back into DK (no more working on weekends! lovit?). Come the next DK tournament, I hope to be well-tuned for a big game.

Also, I see that JCB has recently achieved a higher score than me. I can't be having that, now. Kappa All the more reason to bump up my score.

Hopefully I can get back into twitch streaming like I once did. I really miss being able to have fun playing while chatting with my mates. And, I know a lot of people joined DKF after the point in time when I had kinda stopped streaming regularly. TBH, I've been disconnected just enough that keeping certain peoples' names straight has started to be an issue... and I don't like it. Hopefully, getting back into streaming will allow me to get to know the new folks even better.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 09:06:37 am by marinomitch13 »

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #147 on: January 23, 2015, 03:32:18 am »
So, last Sunday I ended up going to that local DK tournament that Marky discovered via FB. To cut to the chase, only two other people showed up and I won $10 quite easily. I mostly spent the time giving them DK lessons as I was playing a short game to beat them :P . More importantly, however, my hunch was correct and the location (which is called "33rd Realm", and is a hip-hop club) is in the previous location of the arcade I had heard of but had yet to visit called "Hidden Treasures" arcade. After talking with the owner of the club (he was one of the only two people who showed up for the tournament -really cool guy), I found out that he had only been renting the place since the beginning of December and that the previous owner (and owner of a lot of arcade machines -most of which he apparently puts in the 3 or 4 movie theaters he owns) decided to do a 50/50 profit deal with him and leave some of his cabs in the club and see how they did. Well, it turns out that people just love to play the CAGs while listening to the music, so their first month was great. At the time, they had DK, DK Jr., Ms Pacman (cabaret), Pacman (cabaret), Pole Position 2, Punchout, Street Fighter 2, Paperboy, and Mortal Kombat 3, but I sat down with the owner after the tournament and shared some of my knowledge with him as to what games he could maybe get that would do well in his location. He said the same guy that supplied the other games had a lot more he'd be able to choose from and that he wanted to add a few more. I was hoping to contribute my R-Type and Cruis'n USA to his set (to make a little residual income off them), but I just checked FB and it looks like he just added 6 more games yesterday(!), so I'll have to re-check and see if he would still like any additional cabs in his place. The games he added were Asteroids, Guerrilla, Moon Patrol, Tron, Popeye, and Dig Dug (You can see his lineup here: https://www.facebook.com/33rdRealm/posts/1075280385822182).

Other than that, he also got me pretty excited to get back into frequenting a public location with CAGs. Maybe 2015 will be more like 2012-13 in terms of my gaming projects! I'd also like to dip my toes in the water of hip-hop music and see if it is something I like. I'm pretty open to adding another little hobby to my life if it means gaining a whole bunch of friends. We'll see how it goes.

Lastly, while I was at his place, I bought a sweet Megaman necklace that looks something like this (not a pic of the exact thing I got, but very similar): http://goo.gl/iWld2R I also struck up a deal with him to be able to sell some prints of the DK manual at his place for a 50/50 cut, since he has a merch table where lots of other local artist and writers have him sell their stuff. I also had a sweet idea that since much/most of what is in the manual was highly dependent upon other people teaching me the ropes of the game, maybe, if it is OK with Jeff and the DK community, a certain percentage of the proceeds could also go towards hosting the DKF site as well as bounties in future DK tournaments... what do you guys think?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 03:41:28 am by marinomitch13 »

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #148 on: March 17, 2015, 01:56:11 am »
Wht da?? Now, apparently, Hidden Treasures arcade *isn't* closed down???!:

https://www.facebook.com/HiddenTreasuresArcade/photos/a.654621474618260.1073741832.414762408604169/806283472785392/?type=1&permPage=1

And, apparently, this was their original game's list!... I hope this is true. Would be so awesome if they finally got off the ground. Heck, I'd probably offer to run the arcade if they want to turn it into something more than just an "oh... we'll be open every so often on the weekend" sort of thing:

WORKING TITLES:

Arkanoid
Asteroids
Asteroids Deluxe
Bad Dudes
Dig Dug
Donkey Kong Jr
Frogger
Gorf
Guerilla War
Heavy Barrel
Ikari Warriors 3
Joust
Karate Champ
Lunar Lander
Missile Command
Moon Patrol
Mortal Kombat I
Mortal Kombat III (Ultimate)
Mr. Do
Mr. Do’s Castle
Pac-Man (cabaret)
Ms. Pac-Man (cabaret)
Paperboy
Pit Fighter
Pole Position 2
Popeye
Punch-Out
Q-Bert
Rastan
Shinobi
Space Invaders
Spy Hunter
Stargate
Street Fighter II
Tempest
Time Soldiers
Toobin’
Track-N-Field
Vanguard
Vindicators
Xybots

41 working machines

RESTORATION PROJECTS:
War Gods
Mortal Kombat
Metamorphic Force
Pole-Position (sit-down)
Defender
Hang-On
Break-out
Basketball
Donkey Kong
Qix
Space Duel
Tron
Battlezone
Tetris

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #149 on: April 01, 2015, 10:18:31 pm »
DeLeo Bros. Pizza, one of the places I frequent for some good pizza and a game or two (usually with my wife, for a fun date night) is celebrating its 5th anniversary of being open. They posted a quick video (for those who cans see it) to their FB page: https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=862966560408243&set=vb.107537549284485&type=2&theater

Still also thinking of writing a message to the owner of Hidden Treasures Arcade (see previous post), but I think I'll wait and first see how my current job is going as we approach summer. I'm also wary of coming across as too direct/imposing.