Author Topic: Mitch's Gaming Goals  (Read 136842 times)

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
Re: Mitch's Gaming Goals
« Reply #255 on: November 03, 2018, 02:18:23 am »
and...
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline jwade614

• Awards
« Reply #256 on: November 03, 2018, 11:25:46 am »
Thanks Mitch! That was fun!
Member for 9 Years DK 1.1M Point Scorer DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline GILLYKONG

• Awards
« Reply #257 on: November 03, 2018, 12:01:41 pm »
Wait which up-down? There's blike 4 of them now?
Member for 8 Years DK Remix Killscreener Winner of a community event DK Masters - Rank D DKJR Killscreener CK Killscreener DK Killscreener DKJR Remix World Record Holder DKJR Remix Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline GILLYKONG

• Awards
« Reply #258 on: November 03, 2018, 12:09:10 pm »
Guess vits not Des Moines. Its way to nice to be that dungeon 😀 let me know next time your in Des Moines Sir.
Member for 8 Years DK Remix Killscreener Winner of a community event DK Masters - Rank D DKJR Killscreener CK Killscreener DK Killscreener DKJR Remix World Record Holder DKJR Remix Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #259 on: February 09, 2019, 04:11:18 pm »
Yeah, I work at the Minneapolis one. The Des Moines one is my favorite (though, maybe not anymore, since they added and upstairs... I really liked the sort of gamer "dungeon" feel it had when it was just the lower level).

Fyi, a little update on my gaming: I've basically just been playing NFL Blitz 99 at my work after each shift and trying to slowly perfect beating the computer with one play at a time. Nothing too amazing, but it has been fun to at least have one steady game to improve upon.
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #260 on: February 28, 2019, 01:56:21 am »
Forgot to post that a few days ago I finally beat all the teams in NFL Blitz 99 without losing a single game while playing as the Broncos. I've gotten to the point where I can beat the computer using only one play on both offense and defense with an average score of about 40-13. Gonna see if maybe there are even higher difficulty settings I could play on as well as I wanna see how well I can do using the worst team in the game.

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #261 on: September 26, 2019, 03:36:29 am »
Update on a couple games:

Got 1:39.56 on the New York track of Cruis'n World. Gonna start working on the tracks in this game.

Up Down Mpls also just got a cool new game from a Des Moines game developer called "Switch and Shoot". You can check it out on Steam for like $3.99. Last night I put up a score of 3231 which is like 3rd in the world. Gonna try to be the first person to 10K.

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #262 on: October 02, 2019, 08:20:19 pm »
Improved my New York Cruis'n World time to 1:39.43 and upped my Switch and Shoot score to 3868.

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #263 on: October 17, 2019, 10:23:52 pm »
A while back I got 4346 on Switch 'n' Shoot and this happened to be discovered by the game's marketer. He then posted on social media about how it is currently the highest score ever done on the actual cabinet.

IMO, the score is still pretty low, and I've really not even begun to put serious effort into the game (for example, I still almost beat my own score on my first attempt of each new day at work, and I honestly only put in about 1 focused and well-rested attempt per week). I hope to up the score up to about 6-7k soon. Given the setup and difficultly of the game's levels, it's only after about this point that real focus and determination will have to be put into upping the high score, as to increase the score will require front-loading a lot of time pressing an early boss at a very slow scoring rate and then hoping to the get somewhat lucky to make it to a deep level after that for a higher score multiplier.

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #264 on: December 03, 2019, 09:24:23 am »
Update on Switch 'N' Shoot: A frequent customer beat my score with a score of 5556 while getting to stage 7 (there is a greater score multiplayer the higher the level). A week or so ago I beat his score with 5655 while getting only to stage 4. I hope to have a breakout game at some point and put up around 7500.

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #265 on: January 30, 2020, 09:41:45 am »
My work finally put up an high score board so I've gotten back into some of the games. I'm mainly putting up scores so that I don't have to keep updating them with costumers' pictures and scores every day. I figure if I put up decent scores for the main games then I'll save myself work in the long-run. I'll have to come back to share the accurate scores, but right now I'm slowly working through putting up scores on 720?, BurgerTime, Crystal Castles, Dig Dug, Defender, DK, DK Jr., DK 3., Frogger, Ice Cold Beer, Joust, Moon Patrol, Ms. Pacman, Popeye, Raiden, Switch 'N' Shoot, Track & Field, Tron, Q*bert, and Vs. Excitebike.

Last night I played Switch 'N' Shoot for almost 2 hours and got the highest score on any platform: 13,362. The previous arcade record was 6,001 –which was done by my local rival with whom I have been going back-and-forth for getting the record. The highest claimed score online is like 9,500, but the official high online is like 7,500.

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #266 on: February 13, 2020, 10:05:30 am »
I've started studying and playing Dig Dug for what seems like the first time in 7 years. I never realized how simple this game is. I did some preliminary playing last night for about an hour and put up some scores in the 200k-250K range to get warmed up and iron out some kinks. Now that I have several different patterns for each of the boards after stage 11, I hope to blow my PB out of the water the next chance I have. I'll probably end up going for at 1m+ in the near future.

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #267 on: January 27, 2021, 09:14:26 am »
A new arcade has opened up in Minneapolis with about 120 games. I had a chance to talk with one of the 3 owners and it appears they are going to try to work towards something much bigger in the future (much like Galloping Ghost). They had a lot of games that are rarer, so I may start working on some of my scores again.