Author Topic: Pauline Log File Reader  (Read 1750 times)

Offline Monstabonza

• Awards
Pauline Log File Reader
« on: July 30, 2014, 03:07:34 am »
Hi
So over the last few weeks I was looking through some pauline log files and decided to knock up something
to do the work for me.
It is very basic but it will go through a pauline log file then you an export all the level scores and the death scores and levels to a csv file.
From this you can import into excel and do what you wish with it although at some stage i will write up something that does the job.
Because pauline resets the log file everytime you open the programme, you only need to play as normal then at the end of your game start this programme and export the data from the log, then you just need to start pauline again to clear the log.
You can also replay old inp files to gather stats, but you may have to change pauline settings if you FF through the inp.
That about covers it all i have attached the exe file for the programme and the VS solution if anybody is interested.
It is not the best programming(and someday ill work out how to use a class) but i tried to notate how I did stuff or atleast how I think it works.
Let me know if anybody has any problems with this.

Nick
Dk PB 391800
Dk jr PB 42000
CK 481400 lvl 19-1
CK On CC 567100 KS

Twitch =
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
Re: Pauline Log File Reader
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2014, 06:05:36 am »
Awesome tool Nick. Now we just need to get Willms to update Pauline so it can recognize newer MAME versions and then I'll  Kreygasm all over the place.  Kappa
"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Member for 11 Years snek CK Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer