Author Topic: Kong Off 4 update per discussion with Richie  (Read 16551 times)

Offline SanTe

• Awards
Re: Kong Off 4 update per discussion with Richie
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2014, 05:28:38 pm »
Kevin Smith (Silent Bob) is from Red Bank, NJ.  My vote: get him and Jason Mewes to emcee the event with a live Smodcast of the proceedings.  It would certainly be a lot more fun than the radio station dickheads who made a mockery of a previous KO and just annoyed people.  I don't know how this would help with sponsorship and prize money except to say Kevin Smith can talk other people into anything when he thinks something is cool, so maybe the sponsorships and prize money would follow somehow.

He lives in the Hollywood Hills but has been known to host frequent events in Red Bank, so if he was involved with the KO4 a small army of his followers would descend upon Richie's place for a really fun weekend.
Forgot to mention that Kevin Smith owns a comic book store, Jay and Silent Bob's Secret Stash, in Red Bank.  (Wikipedia link for the store.)  The store is also home to the AMC television series "Comic Book Men," which is still airing.  (Wikipedia link.)  If we're really lucky, not only will Kevin be interested in attending the KO4 and sponsoring it via his store, maybe "Comic Book Men" will make an episode out of it.  Presto: AMC potentially could become a sponsor as well.  Suddenly $10k-$20k in prize money doesn't sound so implausible.

By the way, Red Bank is only an hour from Flemington and it's even closer to Richie's Bridgewater location.

I don't know how to get in touch with Kevin Smith but the dude is an internet whore and would be far easier to reach than most famous people.  Hell, just call the store in Red Bank or send him a Twitter message.
Member for 10 Years Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
  • Don't follow me on Twitch/Scared of being followed
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2014, 05:37:48 pm »
There's an arcade across the st from his store called yestercades.  The guys in the show hang out there a lot.  I taught mike zapcic how to leech on time pilot one night.  Pic attached.

In the summer that you came
There was something eating everyone
And the sunshine fund was low
We couldn't greet you with a simple hello
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener

lakeman421

« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2014, 07:44:35 pm »
I just remembered that about a year ago I met Daughtry and Three Doors Down at Funspot. They were big kok fans. I dot know if they would remember me but it's worth a shot.

konghusker

« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2014, 09:47:31 pm »
Can somebody in the area of comic book men try to contact them someway about this?  That would be an awesome event if they attended and made an episode from it. 

Offline Xermon54

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2014, 05:29:54 am »
I don't know anything about Comic Book Men, but I do know about the movie Jay and Silent Bob, and the movie is  Kreygasm Kreygasm Kreygasm

Would be awesome if they attended. Me and my brother watched the movie several times, so if I would tell him that *Silent Bob* was sponsoring and attending the Kong Off 4, he would be like:"...wht da, is this real life? Come off the grass Vincent!"  Kappa
1) World Record of the most insults received by a plastic surgeon - 3752

2:World Record of the most Check Man games played - 6 (tied with Hank Chien)
Member for 11 Years Blogger DK 1.1M Point Scorer DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DK Level 1-1 World Record Holder Twitch Streamer

Offline JNugent

• Just a guy who likes to play games.
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2014, 09:47:43 am »
There's an arcade across the st from his store called yestercades.  The guys in the show hang out there a lot.  I taught mike zapcic how to leech on time pilot one night.  Pic attached.

Kreygasm Kreygasm Kreygasm Kreygasm Kreygasm Kreygasm Kreygasm Kreygasm Kreygasm Kreygasm Kreygasm Kreygasm Kreygasm

567,200 - Crazy Kong (MAME) - ended on L=21 rivets
555,000 - Donkey Kong (MAME)
Member for 11 Years Twitch Streamer Blogger

lakeman421

« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2014, 02:23:15 pm »
So I contacted Red Bull the other day inquiring about a sponsorship for KO4.  I'm a Red Bull drinker and obviously  <Wiebe> is one too.  They contacted me back and said it might be something they would be interested in.  I passed it off to Richie since they wanted to speak with the event organizer, so that would be great if a deal gets done.  If you guys come up with any ideas similar to this don't hesitate to go to a corporate website and under contact us send them a message.  You never know!  Wait and see! : - )

konghusker

« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2014, 06:27:20 pm »
Nice work Robbie.  Yeah, most companies will often atleast respond back to an email.  Doesn't hurt to ask.

lakeman421

« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2014, 09:40:30 pm »
It would be great to get the community involved in acquiring sponsorships. Richie does a lot for us and is practically a one man show for the Kong Off 4.

Offline jdgilliam1

• Awards
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2014, 04:06:56 pm »
QUESTION: If we bring our own Donkey Kong arcade... could we compete the entire weekend? If the the answer to this is yes I will load it up and drive it all the way to Jersey! We could call it the "nomad" devision.
John Gilliam
DONKEY KONG (ARCADE) - 666,200
DONKEY KONG JUNIOR (ARCADE) - 156,700
Member for 10 Years