Author Topic: Dk_madness Gaming Goals  (Read 28022 times)

Offline Dk_madness

• Elite Member
    • Awards
Dk_madness Gaming Goals
« on: June 12, 2014, 06:24:39 am »
Well, here we go......

I just wanted keep track of my progression on a few games. I'm definitely not new to most of these games, but some of them I haven't played much. So here is a list of goals for each game and my PB:

Zookeeper - PB 384,750       Goal is 1,000,000

I'm really enjoying this game. The fast pace definitely keeps my interest.

Bosconian - PB 647,500        Goal is 1,000,000+

I played this a lot BITD and recently picked it back up on MAME.

Elevator Action - PB 100,850.    Goal is 100K

Another classic that I loved BITD. I suck at this one. I have a cab coming this weekend so it will be nice to practice on the real thing.

Moon Patrol - PB 307,750                Goal is 1,000,000 lo

I haven't plated this much at all but extremely fun.

Kicker - 50,000,000              Goal is WR 46,000,000+

One of my favorites. The WR marathon attempt will be in a couple of weeks. I always wanted to marathon (or attempt to marathon) a game and I'm actually good enough to do it with this one.

Donkey Kong - PB   Shit         Goal is Shit+

Got burned out on this one a while ago. I will get back to DK later down the road. Still want to hit that 1mil. Also looking for a NH KS.

Thats about it so far. I will post updates soon

Later -1
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 10:34:24 am by Dk_madness »
Member for 11 Years DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK Masters - Rank D DK 1M Point Scorer DKJR Killscreener Blogger CK Killscreener Twitch Streamer Former DK No-Hammer World Record Holder DK Killscreener

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
  • Don't follow me on Twitch/Scared of being followed
    • Awards
Re: Dk_madness Gaming Goals
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2014, 08:08:09 am »

Bosconian - PB 647,500        Goal is 1,000,000+

Holy, what romset?  Namco?
In the summer that you came
There was something eating everyone
And the sunshine fund was low
We couldn't greet you with a simple hello
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener

Offline Dk_madness

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2014, 10:02:00 am »
Hey Steve,

I'm not certain if it is Namco or not.

I'm using the Bosconian (New Version) for MAME. Settings at 3 man start 20k 70k 70k which I believe is the TG marathon settings.

Hoping to get good enough to KS this one, if it has a KS.
Member for 11 Years DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK Masters - Rank D DK 1M Point Scorer DKJR Killscreener Blogger CK Killscreener Twitch Streamer Former DK No-Hammer World Record Holder DK Killscreener

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2014, 11:04:43 am »
Hey Steve,

I'm not certain if it is Namco or not.

I'm using the Bosconian (New Version) for MAME. Settings at 3 man start 20k 70k 70k which I believe is the TG marathon settings.

Hoping to get good enough to KS this one, if it has a KS.

Yer, that's the Namco version and I suspect you shall be able to marathon it, it does not have a kill screen.  This set differentiates itself from the Midway set because the alert stays green much longer than the Midway set does.  Midway (new version) is what you'll find in the cabinets (at least every single one I've ever played).

I used a lot of () there  <Pigger>
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener

Offline Dk_madness

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2014, 05:14:34 am »
So I did manage to get a few games of Moon Patrol in over the weekend. My PB is 103,410 so far.

Not sure if that is decent or not but I still got a long way to go on this one. I'm having a little trouble finishing the first championship course. I just need to practice, practice, practice.......

Awesome news, just got the EA cab in my house and played a few games. Not so awesome news is that the game froze and reset around building 4. I have no idea what caused that but I was on an epic game of 60K+ and no deaths (which is awesome for me). I'm hoping to get that fixed asap.

Not much else going on. I'll be heading to the Southern-Fried Gaming Expo in Atlanta this up coming weekend. Hope to see some of you there.

Until next time.........Kreygasm

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2014, 05:19:37 am »

Awesome news, just got the EA cab in my house and played a few games. Not so awesome news is that the game froze and reset around building 4. I have no idea what caused that but I was on an epic game of 60K+ and no deaths (which is awesome for me). I'm hoping to get that fixed asap.

Were you mid-jump when it happened?  This seems to be a bug in the game, I've had it done to me in really horrible spots (100k no deaths, etc) and sometimes on L1 just starting a game.  Some type of input + jump seems to cause it to happen every so often.  This is why I killed my submitted game to TG off with 2 men left because the score was semi-blurry during gameplay and I was afraid of the reset bug invalidating the score before I had a chance to focus in on it.  I don't play it in MAME so I'm not sure if it happens there too, but it's happened on every machine I've ever played on.  Enjoy  <popcorn>
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 05:21:14 am by pwnasaurus »

Offline Dk_madness

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2014, 05:24:30 am »
I have never had that happen on MAME before. I believe it was a certain input that caused it. And yes I was in mid jump. I'll be doing some more testing after Atlanta. Also I was on building 5, not 4.

Hopefully this doesn't happen all the time. You never know!!!!!! :) :) :)

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2014, 05:31:19 am »
I have never had that happen on MAME before. I believe it was a certain input that caused it. And yes I was in mid jump. I'll be doing some more testing after Atlanta. Also I was on building 5, not 4.

Hopefully this doesn't happen all the time. You never know!!!!!! :) :) :)

From the multitude of games I've probably winced through over the years, my testing seemed to have concluded that the input is likely related to a jump followed very quickly by a reverse direction attempt to fire.  Hence why the majority of them will happen in the later levels when that type of move attempt is more necessary.  It doesn't happen all the time, but at the most inopportune usually.

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2014, 12:01:46 pm »
Wow. So that game really cheats!
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Dk_madness

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2014, 08:47:07 am »
I thought I might give this an update since it has been a while.......

I set a new PB on Moon Patrol of 173,210. Not too bad but I feel I can do much better.

The big news is............ I finally busted out a marathon over the weekend. I ended up playing 31 hours 40 minutes and played more than 2700 boards to beat the Kicker WR. I stopped at 50,000,000. Not too shabby for a first marathon but I'm planning on a 60+ hour for next time. I got to reach that 100,000,000 mark.

Now its time to relax and play some IGB.....

Till next time.................
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 11:02:48 am by Estel »

Drunkguy89

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2014, 10:59:16 am »
L.I.T congrats Estel!

Offline Dk_madness

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2014, 08:05:06 am »
Well shit......

Not much to update lately. Just been grinding away for the IGBY.

I did manage to set a new PB for Moon Patrol of 223,890. I'm pretty confident in the course layouts but the game fking cheats hard lol. I'm going to keep grinding away to my ultimate goal of 1 million  Kappa or maybe just something close to that. I'd be happy to break 300K right now.

Getting hyped for some DK action so hopefully here soon I'll stream some real attempts.

Until next time.......

Update.....

The MP gods were with me yesterday as I managed to break the 300K and set a new pb.  <thefinger> Moon Patrol

Ended with 307,750

Next up is 400K.......
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 04:41:45 am by Estel »

Offline Dk_madness

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2014, 05:24:30 am »
Spent some time playing a few random games last night. For some reason I really enjoy Road Fighter....... FailFish I know...

I think I'll spend some time on this one. I ended up with a PB and a 2nd place spot on MARP with a 1.2 million+ score. I feel I can top the 1,437,000 soon.

I also put some time in on CK Alternate levels and didn't do too bad. Again, since I enjoy this one, I'll spend some more time on it. I seem to be having some problems with the later spring stages. The rest of the boards are not that bad. I set a new PB on that as well with a 123K+. I will KS this bitch soon...I can feel it.

This weekend I head to the arcade to hit up some MP, Food Fight, and Kickman.

Intel next time.......and everything or whatever. Wait and see!!!  :) :) :) :) :) :)

Offline Dk_madness

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2014, 08:18:07 am »
It's been a while since my last update and....... I really haven't done shit  FailFish lo.

I've have been working on Food Fight though and finally broke the 200K barrier. Ended my last game with a 233,900. I'm happy with that for now but I have moved my goal to 500K.

Also I will be playing a lot of Robotron and Fix it Felix Jr. as they will be a part of my local arcade as of this weekend!!!! All I need to do is get the owner (Cary) to pick up a Bosconian and a Dark Tower  Kreygasm

I do need to get off my ass and finish streaming Thousand Arms for the PS so I can have some free time to start on FF13. Between my local arcade and Steam, I'll have plenty of games to keep me busy for a long while.

until next time.......... <Allen> FailFish

Offline Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2014, 02:34:17 pm »
FF13 Kreygasm oh yer love it mate, great game and it looks superb on PC at 60FPS. Hopefully they come out with a patch for 1080p res, its locked at 720p at the moment. That would be Kreygasm Kreygasm
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank A DK 1.1M Point Scorer 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener DKJR Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer