Author Topic: Mike's Blog: The Story of a Slightly Below Average Gamer in a Big World  (Read 32480 times)

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
It seems to me that if you want to improve you are going to have to play this game more often than every week or two.  If you do it every day or every other day I do think you'll have great improvement.
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank D DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline Miketastic5

• Awards
I would be playing more often but I just graduated + there's been some family emergencies. I'll be able to play more soon.
Member for 9 Years Twitch Streamer Blogger

Offline Miketastic5

• Awards
Re: Mike's Blog: The Story of a Slightly Below Average Gamer in a Big World
« Reply #47 on: September 02, 2019, 12:47:49 am »
2 years later...

I'm back, and I'm ready to Kong. I know it's been a while, but it's been a very hectic time in my life. College, Death, and new work I've had in Super Smash Brothers that I'm pretty proud of, but Donkey Kong has always been in the back of my mind to come back to. And I'm ready to finally do it.

On Tuesday, I'll be back, and ready to go on my journey for a killscreen once again.

Oh, I also played on actual cabinet in like November or December for the first time since starting this whole thing and getting serious. I got over 60k like super easily on my first try but then my family yelled at me to leave the cabinet which made me upset cuz I legit think that would've been a new PB for me.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2019, 01:32:34 am by Miketastic5 »

Offline Miketastic5

• Awards
« Reply #48 on: September 03, 2019, 09:45:34 pm »
Alright, we back with my first 10 runs in a long time. I even streamed them on my twitch channel, Pikachu942! Here were the runs:

28,400 (2-3)
15,500 (2-1)
24,200 (2-3)
13,600 (2-1)
71,400 (4-3)
45,500 (3-3)
59.800 (4-1)
64,400 (4-2)
52,900 (3-4)
29,600 (3-1)

I'm pretty happy with today, getting 3 50k+ runs. None are as good my 80somethingk, 4-4 PB, but I didn't expect that and one was surprisingly close. I'd like to know if my recording from MAME looks good to submit, I hope it is.

Offline QuikThumbs

• Awards
« Reply #49 on: September 04, 2019, 10:28:17 am »
These are pretty good!

If you wanna clear 100,000 you'll have to master getting past those nefarious level 4+ Springs. Try using MAME Save States for practice. Also, getting a Switch, which has Arcade DK on its eShop has helped me, since I can now play the game in comfort, rather than in in front of a computer or cabinet.

Good luck getting to the KS!
Member for 6 Years

Offline NWnike

• Awards
« Reply #50 on: September 04, 2019, 05:17:22 pm »
Mike, in order to submit scores from MAME, you have to be using wolfmame. The reason for this is wolfmame was designed to verify game integrity and it disables all gimmicks like pausing and save states. Also, you need to record an inp file to submit. If you need help with any of this, just ask.
Member for 5 Years Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Miketastic5

• Awards
« Reply #51 on: September 05, 2019, 02:40:01 am »
I do indeed use WolfMAME now, and I tried to get INP files but when I went to try and record one it didn't work for some reason? I'd like help with that part.