Author Topic: Does this happen often?  (Read 9426 times)

Drunkguy89

Does this happen often?
« on: May 06, 2014, 08:20:32 am »
This is almost an entirely pointless topic/vid    FailFish   

but I couldn't help but stop and think about what happened,
I got 100 points (clearly from the falling spring) as I jumped to the right,

obviously nothing special but I'm almost certain that's never happened to me in any game before over all this time playing,
maybe it is common and I just need to stop drinking

..the highlight insisted on being longer than needed and again its nothing special but it did completely catch me off guard to the point where I stopped to ask myself "where did that 100 points come from?"  ???

at 00:12

http://www.twitch.tv/drunkguy89/c/4201666

Edit: Apologies for the overly dramatic tittle of the topic  <Sanders>
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 08:25:19 am by Drunkguy89 »

Offline Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
Re: Does this happen often?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2014, 08:26:52 am »
Nice  Kreygasm Cant say I've seen that before. The timing has to be pretty perfect and also the correct spring
Love it
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank A DK 1.1M Point Scorer 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener Winner of a community event IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member DKJR Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

lakeman421

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2014, 09:23:17 am »
Ive had this happen a few times.  Looks like you caught the top of the spring as it was falling.  I feel like its one of those pixel perfect occurrences or could just be kind if a glitch.

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2014, 09:48:23 am »
Yeah, you simply leeched the spring. It has to be timed properly and with a shorter spring, but it happens by accident every now and then. There was a video on YT a long time ago where someone had the same sort of thing happen to them and they were equally as taken aback. :)
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline marky_d

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2014, 10:38:22 am »
Yeah, a few years ago over at coinopspace there was a thread discussing the "glitch" and I made this video to show that you can make it happen by leeching that short spring... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylKnnjafhOk ... Most of the time when I'm on that screen after performing the Wiebe Jump, I'll look above and see if it's a short spring coming and try and snag it only if it doesn't interrupt progress at all, since it really doesn't make any sense to pause for it.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK 1.1M Point Scorer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DKJR World Record Holder - Arcade DKJR Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Drunkguy89

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2014, 10:59:46 am »
Sweet, cheers

nice to know I'm not loosing my mind..
that was one of those moments were the slightest oddity leaves you thinking "hmm ....did it always do that?"  :D

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2014, 11:26:55 am »
Hehe... now the real oddity was when the "100" point sprite appeared under the bottom girder on the barrel board for Dean!  ;)  ;D
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline marky_d

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2014, 11:55:48 am »
Hehe... now the real oddity was when the "100" point sprite appeared under the bottom girder on the barrel board for Dean!  ;)  ;D

That video is gone, right?
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK 1.1M Point Scorer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DKJR World Record Holder - Arcade DKJR Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2014, 12:30:20 pm »

That video is gone, right?

I had looked for it a while ago, but it wasn't there. Not sure if Dean even highlighted it. I thought he had, so I chalked it up to the fact that sometimes twitch archives disappear and reappear (for no apparent reason to me). But, I looked again for it more recently and it still wasn't there.  :-[

EDIT: OH WAIT! on second thought, I'm certain now that we merely asked Dean to save the inp and post it to DKF. So, the inp should still be in his computer files, he just never posted it.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 12:32:57 pm by marinomitch13 »