Author Topic: Kongrats to Robbie Lakeman on Upping His PB!!!  (Read 7425 times)

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
Kongrats to Robbie Lakeman on Upping His PB!!!
« on: April 04, 2014, 04:18:03 am »
Robbie just upped his PB to 1,091,100!!! WAY TO GO! He had to put up with some very uncooperative barrels on level 21 that I saw, and apparently the rest of the game was also quite frustrating as well (from what I gathered, having joined the stream late).

1.1m up and coming for sure!
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
  • Don't follow me on Twitch/Scared of being followed
    • Awards
Re: Kongrats to Robbie Lakeman on Upping His PB!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2014, 04:49:22 am »
Oh yer love it!
In the summer that you came
There was something eating everyone
And the sunshine fund was low
We couldn't greet you with a simple hello
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener

Offline KIG666

• KIG666 MARP
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2014, 06:25:23 am »
Congrats nice improvement :)
Member for 11 Years DK 1.1M Point Scorer Individual Board Record Holder DK 1M Point Scorer IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member Blogger DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline tudose

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2014, 06:26:10 am »
way to go buddyyyyyyyyy. love it! <Allen> <YSG> Kreygasm <Billy>
Member for 11 Years Former CK World Record Holder - MAME DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DK Masters - Rank D DKJR Killscreener DK 1.1M Point Scorer IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member Blogger Winner of a community event DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Twitch Streamer Former DK Level 1-1 World Record Holder

Offline Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2014, 06:47:03 am »
Congrats mate!
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank A DK 1.1M Point Scorer 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener Submit a score for every DK3 track Winner of a community event IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member DKJR Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline f_symbols

• Spring Jumper
  • wht u mean
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2014, 07:10:48 am »
Everyone knows this fat-cat yuppie hipster was playing on neutered boards. These punks just throw around money and steal scores on spayed hardware, while the gamming public falls in love with  <Sanders> pink polo shirt <Tim>/

But seriously, well done Robbie, you are a beast  <Billy>
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member Winner of a community event Former DK Remix World Record Holder DK Remix Killscreener IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK 1M Point Scorer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Blogger DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline Dk_madness

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2014, 09:55:12 am »
Fkn hell Robbie.....Way to kill it.

FK 1.1 and go straight for the WR mate.

Congrats!!!
Member for 11 Years DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK Masters - Rank D Winner of a community event DK 1M Point Scorer DKJR Killscreener IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Blogger CK Killscreener Twitch Streamer Former DK No-Hammer World Record Holder DK Killscreener

Offline JCHarrist

• Spring Jumper
    • Donkey Kong Forum
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2014, 10:02:49 am »
Awesome job Robbie!

Member for 11 Years DKF Founder Former CK World Record Holder - Arcade CK Killscreener DK Killscreener

lakeman421

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2014, 11:39:21 am »
Thanks everyone.  That was probably one of the most uncooperative and difficult games I had played in recent memory.  Those level 21 barrels were a small sample of what that game was like for nearly 3 hours.  But I'm happy with the results, the WR will be my new goal since  <Tim> can't win the bet. 

Offline marky_d

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2014, 11:47:23 am »
Way to go, I watched almost the whole thing last night and you were playing great. You mentioned the randomness...I laughed at that rivet screen where that fireball went left and guarded the bottom hammer forever. Back and forth and back and forth, not even taking a ladder for what seemed like forever. *** game
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK 1.1M Point Scorer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DKJR World Record Holder - Arcade DKJR Killscreener Twitch Streamer

lakeman421

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2014, 11:55:43 am »
Way to go, I watched almost the whole thing last night and you were playing great. You mentioned the randomness...I laughed at that rivet screen where that fireball went left and guarded the bottom hammer forever. Back and forth and back and forth, not even taking a ladder for what seemed like forever. *** game
Yeah I went back and laughed at that.  One of many laughable rivet stages.  I think if this game gets analyzed I'll see the averages for pies and rivets and puke.

Donkey Kong Genius

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2014, 10:46:49 pm »
Indeed, great work. If you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything.

Offline stella_blue

• High Score Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2014, 07:05:50 pm »
I think if this game gets analyzed I'll see the averages for pies and rivets and puke.

Robbie's game summary has been compiled and posted:

Robbie Lakeman 1,091,100 (KS) on 2014-04-04

The game is featured in our DK library because it is memorable, not because I wish to induce retroperistalsis.   ;)

Retroperistalsis?  Yeah, that's what I said, Vincent.  Look it up.   Kappa

« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 07:40:29 pm by stella_blue »
DK High Score 
  (L22-1)
DK Level 1-1 
DK No Hammer 
  (L15-2)
Member for 11 Years Most Time Online DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Drunkguy89

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2014, 07:28:56 pm »
Wow! Huge score, Congrats