Author Topic: Man for man Donkey Kong 3 is the hardest of the 3 Kongs  (Read 14580 times)

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
Re: Man for man Donkey Kong 3 is the hardest of the 3 Kongs
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2013, 08:12:26 pm »
Here we go again! :o

I beg to Diff on this one!

Tell me when you play Donkey Kong 3 one thousand times, and we can have a better argument.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 08:22:32 pm by homerwannabee »
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Have a score on every DK3 track Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2013, 08:25:24 pm »
Oops, My bad! In that case, you are likely correct on this one! However, I would be interested to see what other good shooter players competing on this game would do to the WR. You never know, maybe it would push the record up to something ridiculous like 12 hours! Just look at the 5-man Q*bert record. If there were 2 more George Leutzes, maybe his 3.9m score (which, as of right now, seems ridiculous) may actually be nothing! All the rarer wrinkles of the game might be more quickly perfected. The same could potentially happen for DK3.

Edit: I say '12 hours' because a game of DK could actually take about 1hr and 15 mins; so about 18.75 minutes a man. 37 x 18.75 is just over 11.5 hours.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 08:30:25 pm by marinomitch13 »
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2013, 08:31:01 pm »
Oops, My bad! In that case, you are likely correct on this one! However, I would be interested to see what other good shooter players competing on this game would do to the WR.

Yeah, who knows what a person like Dwayne Richard a great shooter game player could do with Donkey Kong 3.  Oh, wait.

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Have a score on every DK3 track Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2013, 08:43:01 pm »
By 'competing' I mean something that is more comparable to DK or DKjr. This is not the case with DK3. Just look at how you and Mike Kaspar are constantly nipping at Mark's heals on DKjr! Look at how Vincent and others going for the DK record has caused Hank to keep bumping up his score (though I doubt Hank will admit it was out of fear for Vincent beating him!  :P ). Even Nibbler and Burgertime are good examples here too. I'm basically suggesting that the competition is actually seriously trying to get the record.
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2013, 09:00:44 pm »
By 'competing' I mean something that is more comparable to DK or DKjr. This is not the case with DK3. Just look at how you and Mike Kaspar are constantly nipping at Mark's heals on DKjr! Look at how Vincent and others going for the DK record has caused Hank to keep bumping up his score (though I doubt Hank will admit it was out of fear for Vincent beating him!  :P ). Even Nibbler and Burgertime are good examples here too. I'm basically suggesting that the competition is actually seriously trying to get the record.

For all you know no one comes within half of my score.  This is all hypothetical.

-Ross Benzinger

-Leon Shepard

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2013, 09:35:38 pm »
True. That's why I said I was wondering what would happen. Hopefully there is some trickle down of players from the other DK games that start to play DK3. I know once I get 1m+ on DK and DKjr I will start playing DK3 seriously. Personally, I tend not to like shooters as much, but you never know... maybe I'll love it. I tend to like games more as I figure them out.

Simpsons99

« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2013, 09:44:22 pm »
Thats becouse you have upped your WR What 3 times in 2 years?

I know no one plays DK3 to your Level George.   Thats why it's your fav game and your the best at it.

But to say DK3 is the Hardest of all the 3 DK Series Games that's a far cry from being True.

If you say it's the hardest becouse there is no Kill screen?   Lets factor in the total of Screens and Extra Guys.

If i could get the Extra Guys on DKJR that i do on DK3 then  Huge numbers of points would happen if the Kill screen was not there.

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2013, 09:53:18 pm »
Brian, his argument was 'minutes per man', not the overall game. I made the same mistake. Vincent did too. He's likely right on that point.

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2013, 03:59:48 am »
Brian, his argument was 'minutes per man', not the overall game. I made the same mistake. Vincent did too. He's likely right on that point.

Thank you very much for that.  I swear I could make a statement like, "Donkey Kong 3 is the best Arcade Donkey Kong shooter game",  and people would start arguing how Donkey Kong, and Donkey Kong Junior are better games! LOL

-Ross Benzinger

-Leon Shepard