Author Topic: Donkey Kong 3 one of the easiest, and hardest games out there.  (Read 6043 times)

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
Donkey Kong 3 one of the easiest, and hardest games out there.
« on: February 06, 2014, 10:48:30 pm »
OK, for most games when it comes to whether a game is easy or hard the acknowledgement of it being easy or hard is pretty universal, but for Donkey Kong 3 all bets are off.  For instance if you were to talk to Dean Saglio, Corey Chambers, and Mike Kasper they would tell you the game is hard for them, but if you were to talk to myself, Steve Wagner, and maybe Mitchell Elliot, they would say the game is easy.

I would say the game is sort of like those stereograms.  The pictures that have 3D images if you look at it the right way.  Either you are a person who can see the 3D image or you are one that can't.   So is the game hard?  Well I would answer with "It depends on who you ask."
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Have a score on every DK3 track Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Donkey Kong Genius

Re: Donkey Kong 3 one of the easiest, and hardest games out there.
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2014, 11:45:51 pm »
I have initially found the game to be hard. I have played several times now and have only gotten passed 200K. But again, it took me a long time before DK clicked, but when it did I got the killscreen and one million 4 months later, and who knows where it will go from there. If I played DK3 the same way and as many times as I did with DK, I wonder I would feel about it. If I game the game a good year, where would I be.

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2014, 06:35:03 am »
I have initially found the game to be hard. I have played several times now and have only gotten passed 200K. But again, it took me a long time before DK clicked, but when it did I got the killscreen and one million 4 months later, and who knows where it will go from there. If I played DK3 the same way and as many times as I did with DK, I wonder I would feel about it. If I game the game a good year, where would I be.

If you were to play the game a good year you would probably be one of the best Donkey Kong 3 players of all time.   At least right up there with Dwayne Richard, Shawn Cram, and Ben Falls.   A good example would have to be Donkey Kong Junior for me.  Played Donkey Kong Junior like you play Donkey Kong 3.  My progression was horrible, but I had decided to give it a year to see where I would be.   After a year of nothing but Donkey Kong Junior my score was 1.16 million which made put me in 4th place at the time (A side note, I didn't know how to do the Dean Trick).   

I would say except for Donkey Kong, if you were to play the same video game, and nothing else for a year straight you would be one of the greatest to ever play that game.

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Have a score on every DK3 track Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline danman123456

• Spring Jumper
    • Twitch TV Stream
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2014, 05:09:53 pm »
Yeah I played some serious DK3 last night. Finally got in the 300k range again. (I had one game of like 400-500k and haven't been close since). It's interesting. I hope to get to 1 million soon but its definetly different. I would say yes its "easy" to play just starting out but its HARD to get far in the game. Getting 3+ million is just insane. Easy setting or not.

Dan
  Kappa

DK High : 1,059,700 (Lvl 22-1 KS!);
DK KS Speedrun : 1 Hr 16 Min 40 Sec - World Record!
DK Lvl 1 - 1: 12,400
Fix-It Felix Jr - 297,000 (World Record)
Fix-IT Felix Jr 1 Hour Limit - 177,000
Fix-It Felix Jr KS Speedrun - 1h33
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK 1M Point Scorer Winner of a community event IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Blogger

Donkey Kong Genius

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2014, 09:48:05 pm »

If you were to play the game a good year you would probably be one of the best Donkey Kong 3 players of all time.   At least right up there with Dwayne Richard, Shawn Cram, and Ben Falls.   A good example would have to be Donkey Kong Junior for me.  Played Donkey Kong Junior like you play Donkey Kong 3.  My progression was horrible, but I had decided to give it a year to see where I would be.   After a year of nothing but Donkey Kong Junior my score was 1.16 million which made put me in 4th place at the time (A side note, I didn't know how to do the Dean Trick).   

I would say except for Donkey Kong, if you were to play the same video game, and nothing else for a year straight you would be one of the greatest to ever play that game.

You mean me personally, or just anyone who tried for a whole year? :P

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2014, 10:17:45 pm »

You mean me personally, or just anyone who tried for a whole year? :P

I would say almost anyone this applies to.

-Ross Benzinger

-Leon Shepard