Author Topic: Complete (i hope) list of differences between crazy kong and DK.  (Read 25261 times)

Offline pcfreak324

• Awards
Re: Complete (i hope) list of differences between crazy kong and DK.
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2019, 10:43:47 am »
I have collected a few patches for Crazy Kong Part II that can be applied to the MAME rom ckongpt2. I put the patches into different folders so that they can be applied individually and combined as desired. This is what they do:
The patches are in IPS format and require a patching program like Lunar IPS.
Member for 6 Years

Offline _Zaphod_

• Prime Сasual Dating True Females
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2020, 09:52:47 pm »
I've been away from here for a while, so i missed this post.

i have some patch requests, if anyone is up for them.

1) patch pie factory to not have pies get stuck on upper level when the conveyors speed up. Make the check to make them vanish a bit less picky.  Will significantly increase difficulty of later versions of the board.
2) patch elevators board to allow for 3 springs (remove reservation for unused hammer on that board, freeing up a third sprite for spring usage). Will even more significantly increase difficulty of this board, to near dk levels.
3) fix graphic offset bugs.

Offline Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2020, 09:54:33 pm »
I don't understand the point of "fixes" for CK. Just play DK?
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank A DK 1.1M Point Scorer 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener DKJR Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Darryl1970

• Awards
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2020, 05:27:32 am »
Fact: Crazy Kong was based off of dkongjpo roms. Hence, the ladder cheat, the barrel skip cheat, the 1234 level order, and "HOW HIGH CAN YOU TRY".  these don't count as differences.

Actual differences.

1) there seems to be a smaller sprite limit on the crazy kong boardset. this affects the following.

1. Did anybody ever notice that the conveyor belt rollers, found at the end of the belts, start off a the letter Q? LOL
2. All of the sprites hover about 2 or 3 pixels above the floor. Different versions vary in the number.
3. The destroyed enemy debris (from barrel or fireball) do not disappear until the sprite is reused.
4. You can jump on the place where the far left elevators come out of without dying, as long as you don't jump while the elevator is overlapping Jumpman.
5. If you do not use either hammer on Rivet screen, you are rewarded with gold bars. (Pt 2)
6. You can also clear level 1 by jumping off of the oil can (This is something I haven't seen mentioned anywhere).  You can't even stand on the oil can in DK. (I can make a YouTube video if anybody cares to see it.)

Member for 6 Years

Offline QAOP Spaceman

• Elite Member
  • ®
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2020, 04:45:54 am »

5. If you do not use either hammer on Rivet screen, you are rewarded with gold bars. (Pt 2)
6. You can also clear level 1 by jumping off of the oil can (This is something I haven't seen mentioned anywhere).  You can't even stand on the oil can in DK. (I can make a YouTube video if anybody cares to see it.)

<gasp>
Member for 10 Years Blogger CK Killscreener Twitch Streamer