General Donkey Kong Discussion > General Donkey Kong Discussion

How many games to break 1m points

(1/5) > >>

TheSunshineFund:
Thought this would be a fun exercise to track.

I haven't played a game of DK since getting a kill screen with no point pressing last month.  I've been too busy with a few upcoming tourneys, but I plan to get back into it after those and crack 1m on this.

How many games (I plan on playing each one through on my arcade machine even if I die on 1-1) do you think it will take me to reach 1m.  In all likelyhood I will only play 1 serious game (1 h+) per session because I get burnt out otherwise from what I know about myself.

I'll track my progress along the way as accurately as possible.

mikegmi2:
I'll start it off and predict 203 games.

TheSunshineFund:
For reference:

DK Jr took about 50 games to break 1m and DK3 took 3 games to break 1m.

With DK being the toughest of the 3 by far, 200 is not a bad starting estimate.

marinomitch13:
This is Wags, right? Serious games? -I say about 30.

If you've already killscreened, it will take you like 3-4 games to really get comfortable with all the nuances of getting the bottom hammer -and this you can practice even if you have 1 or 2 deaths during the start and it is obviously a futile attempt. Even though you say you get burnt out easily, since you've already had some 'longer-game' practice with DKJr, I think you'll already be prepared enough in that area of the gameplay. Lastly, about 50% of attempts will be relatively wasted due to deaths during the start.

stella_blue:

I won't be nearly as generous as Mitch nor as brutally harsh as Mike (I kid you both!)

Assuming you play 1 serious game per session with no restarts, perhaps 4-5 times per week, I'll estimate that it will take somewhere in the neighborhood of 6 months or 120 attempts.

Good luck!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version