Author Topic: Free Donkey Kong 3 Machine!  (Read 13411 times)

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
Re: Free Donkey Kong 3 Machine!
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2013, 12:09:31 pm »
Ehh, maybe a long shot but you wouldn't mind remove the monitor chassis and send to Sweden? My DK I bought has a defunct chassis and the seller who imported take forever to get it fixed and I don't think it will be repaired since he only got the chassis and my guess is that the tube need a rejuvenation.

Anyway, there are what we know, 4 of these monitors, Sanyo EZ20 in Sweden so they don't grow on trees here.

Or wait? Is it a Sharp monitor on yours?

Anyway #2, whatever the chassis is, is it possible for you to remove it and send? Without the metalplate since it will increase the shippingcost alot. I'll pay for the shippingcost of course. If not, I understand.

Thanks

I am not an Arcade repairman, and what you are asking seems like an extensive undertaking.  Basically you want the monitor, but not the machine.  First I really just want to try to get rid of the entire cab.  Also I am not too sure the monitor is even properly working.  It could be a simple cap problem, or it could be the monitor itself that has the problem.  For instance after about 3 hours of play the monitor starts rolling over.  I don't think it would necessarily be a good idea to pay to ship for the monitor if it may not work properly in the first place.
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Have a score on every DK3 track Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Online TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
  • Don't follow me on Twitch/Scared of being followed
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2013, 12:25:24 pm »
I'm guessing he doesn't want the tube, only the chassis.  Shipping the tube overseas would be insane. 
In the summer that you came
There was something eating everyone
And the sunshine fund was low
We couldn't greet you with a simple hello
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener

Offline dimmu--borgir

• Swedish DK series champ :-)
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2013, 02:43:11 pm »
Yes. Only the chassis. Not the tube. Easy to remove but takes probably 15-30 min. However, if you don't know what you do, you could shock yourself if you don't remove the anode cup with care. If you do not know how to discharge a monitor I will not ask you to do this even though it's easy just using a screwdriver and some wire. The rollover is a easy fix though.

Also, if you decide to do this please send me a picture of the tube. If it's a Sharp I will not have any use for it since the chassis isn't compatible at all. What I know of...
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 02:47:00 pm by dimmu--borgir »
DK 868100 KS Hell ya!
DK j.r  689300 KS
DK j.r 871500 lvl C
DK3 1498900
CK 391400 Lvl 15
Member for 10 Years DKJR Killscreener Twitch Streamer DK Killscreener

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2013, 02:57:46 pm »
Yes. Only the chassis. Not the tube. Easy to remove but takes probably 15-30 min. However, if you don't know what you do, you could shock yourself if you don't remove the anode cup with care. If you do not know how to discharge a monitor I will not ask you to do this even though it's easy just using a screwdriver and some wire. The rollover is a easy fix though.

Also, if you decide to do this please send me a picture of the tube. If it's a Sharp I will not have any use for it since the chassis isn't compatible at all. What I know of...

Yep, I have never taken the chassis off an Arcade machine before.  So I guess that's a no go.  Sides like I said I would like the machine to be in one piece whatever it's fate.

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Have a score on every DK3 track Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline ChrisP

• Spring Jumper
  • I'm going to jump next to your leg.
    • Donkey Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2013, 11:44:12 pm »
George, CraigsList!

Or go to KLOV and describe your situation. I guarantee someone there will help you. There's a "Last Call" thread for emergency situations.

Please do not throw a Nintendo cab in the garbage!
http://donkeykongblog.blogspot.com

4 Quarters :-* - 800K Avg. Per Qtr. :o - No Restarts 8) - No Proof :'(

7/26/2013   Coin 35,946   710,800   18-1
7/28/2013   Coin 35,947   903,700   22-1
8/16/2013   Coin 35,948   694,100   17-6
8/17/2013   Coin 35,949   893,100   22-1

3,201,700: the $1 World Record?
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D DKJR Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Blogger Twitch Streamer DK Killscreener CK Killscreener

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2013, 09:15:46 pm »
Got someone to pick the machine up!  They are going to transform it into a Donkey Kong, but that's OK as long as it's not a 60 in 1. 8)

-Ross Benzinger

-Leon Shepard

Simpsons99

« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2013, 10:08:22 pm »
Wow my heart is broken!

I can not belive you gave away your favorite game

Offline Scoundrl

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2013, 10:35:41 pm »
Did you keep the board? If you did, or if there is a chance you can get it back.. I'll give you $100. for it. I should have offered that sooner.. Sorry.

-Ken
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline hooch66

• Personal Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2013, 05:15:11 am »
Happy-ish ending. Glad it  didn't go to the dump.
Member for 11 Years Blogger

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2013, 05:25:18 am »
Did you keep the board? If you did, or if there is a chance you can get it back.. I'll give you $100. for it. I should have offered that sooner.. Sorry.

-Ken

I told him before I made this post that the only thing I was taking out is the DK3 board.  Why would I let him take that if he is turning it into a Donkey Kong machine.  By the way this machine of course originally was a Donkey Kong machine, and so no one should morn it being turned into what it originally was in the first place.  One thing Ken, the board has some slight sprite issues with a couple of lines running across Donkey Kong.  Here is the video of what I am talking about.  Part 14 Record Youtube Donkey Kong 3 arcade score 2,439,800  If you still want to pay $100 for than yeah, I'll do it. :)

Also, I broke the World Record on four different Donkey Kong 3 machines, and so its not that bad when you take that into account.

I hope one very important lesson can be had from all of this.  Remember folks we live in a fantasy world.  I really wish success in the Arcade world had a correlation to success in the outside world.  Not all of us can be Hank Chien, Billy Mitchell, and Lonnie McDonald.  And not all of us can even be middle class in this world, and probably what hurts the most is a select few of us at times can't even get a minimum wage job to keep themselves afloat.  And that's where I come in and why I did what I did.  I am basically the ultimate walking paradox.  You know in the bible it says something like "The greatest shall be the least, and the least shall be the greatest."  I am one of the few that didn't have to wait till heaven to experience that. LOL

-Ross Benzinger

-Leon Shepard

Offline Scoundrl

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2013, 06:16:22 am »
I can fix the board issues, thats not a problem. This way we can preserve at least some piece of the games history. Let me know how to get you some money.

-Ken

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2013, 06:19:40 am »
I can fix the board issues, thats not a problem. This way we can preserve at least some piece of the games history. Let me know how to get you some money.

-Ken

OK, will PM you.  8)

-Ross Benzinger

-Leon Shepard

Offline Scoundrl

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2013, 06:26:34 am »
Done, I added $20. for shipping, you should be able to get it shipoped for that, if not let me know and we'll get that covered.

Offline Scoundrl

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2013, 06:33:03 am »
BTW, Ethan and I had a bet for 'A Benjamin' that he is very likely to lose, no matter who won the money was going to make its way into the gaming community. You can thank Ethan and that 12 pac for this ;-)

-Ken

Offline f_symbols

• Spring Jumper
  • wht u mean
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2013, 09:09:31 am »
BTW, Ethan and I had a bet for 'A Benjamin' that he is very likely to lose, no matter who won the money was going to make its way into the gaming community. You can thank Ethan and that 12 pac for this ;-)

-Ken

Yer, I'm a total lightweight
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member Winner of a community event Former DK Remix World Record Holder DK Remix Killscreener IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK 1M Point Scorer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Blogger DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer