Author Topic: Free Donkey Kong 3 Machine!  (Read 13410 times)

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
Free Donkey Kong 3 Machine!
« on: September 17, 2013, 09:28:54 am »
Yep, that's right, I'm going to give away the Donkey Kong 3 machine I first broke the world record in for free!  There is no marquee.  The joystick has problems, and the monitor has problems as well.  Still it's a historical item (I first broke the Donkey Kong 3 record on this, and you really can't beat the price! :)

There are 3 requirements though

1.  You have to be a member here
2.  You have to actually like to play Donkey Kong 3!
3.  You have to be willing to pick this sucker up from my apartment in the next 30 days.
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Have a score on every DK3 track Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
Re: Free Donkey Kong 3 Machine!
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2013, 09:39:33 am »
Wow! Nice deal! Wish I lived close enough to pick this baby up!

I've been waiting for over a year now for Rusty Quarters to get a DK3 so that I could start seriously going for the 1m+ trifecta. Oh well... just need more patience. It'll happen someday.
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
  • Don't follow me on Twitch/Scared of being followed
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2013, 09:48:27 am »
Man, I only qualify for #1 (and that's even debatable).  Still, very nice of you to offer that here.  I'm sure someone will take you up that rather quickly.
In the summer that you came
There was something eating everyone
And the sunshine fund was low
We couldn't greet you with a simple hello
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener

Offline f_symbols

• Spring Jumper
  • wht u mean
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2013, 10:52:03 am »
Where do you live George? I'm Interested, assuming its not a 400mile drive
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member Winner of a community event Former DK Remix World Record Holder DK Remix Killscreener IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK 1M Point Scorer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Blogger DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2013, 10:54:49 am »
Where do you live George? I'm Interested, assuming its not a 400mile drive

Adelanto California.  Out by Victorville.  Probably should have mentioned that.

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Have a score on every DK3 track Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline Scoundrl

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2013, 12:53:06 pm »
Heck if this wasn't so far. Maybe you could get it fixed rather than giving it away?
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2013, 01:29:25 pm »
Heck if this wasn't so far. Maybe you could get it fixed rather than giving it away?

Let's just say this.  Because of things that are entirely my own doing the fixing option is not an option even if someone were to give me money to fix the machine.

-Ross Benzinger

-Leon Shepard

Offline Scoundrl

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2013, 05:49:20 pm »
I wish I was close enough to get it. I would like to fix and preserve it.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2013, 05:31:11 am »

Thanks for that.  I really appreciate it.  Well 10 more days, and I am going to have to throw the machine in the garbage.  My have to be a Donkey Kong 3 lover is not a requirement anymore.  In fact, if you want to make it into a Donkey Kong or Donkey Kong Junior machine I am fine with that.  I just don't want it to be turned into a 60 in 1 machine.

-Ross Benzinger

-Leon Shepard

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
  • Don't follow me on Twitch/Scared of being followed
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2013, 06:45:37 am »

Thanks for that.  I really appreciate it.  Well 10 more days, and I am going to have to throw the machine in the garbage.  My have to be a Donkey Kong 3 lover is not a requirement anymore.  In fact, if you want to make it into a Donkey Kong or Donkey Kong Junior machine I am fine with that.  I just don't want it to be turned into a 60 in 1 machine.

You should at the least, pull the board and sell that as you can ship that and if 100% working are at least looking at $75-$100.
In the summer that you came
There was something eating everyone
And the sunshine fund was low
We couldn't greet you with a simple hello
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2013, 07:23:47 am »
Good point, if I have to throw it out I'll take out the board.  I can do that at least.

-Ross Benzinger

-Leon Shepard

Offline hooch66

• Personal Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2013, 07:55:31 am »
Put me in with the crowd that wished I lived closer. I'm in PA, so not so much of a day trip to you.

If you do go the pcb sale route, include the wiring harness for those of us that have a DK machine without the proper wiring for DK3.
Member for 11 Years Blogger

hchien

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2013, 08:20:50 am »
How close is Daniel Dock from you?  His lair is a blackhole for all things DK.

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2013, 08:26:17 am »
How close is Daniel Dock from you?  His lair is a blackhole for all things DK.

He lives in San Francisco Hank.  I live in Adelanto California which is close to 500 miles away.  People in Nevada, and Arizona live closer to me than Daniel Dock does.

-Ross Benzinger

-Leon Shepard

Offline dimmu--borgir

• Swedish DK series champ :-)
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2013, 11:40:47 am »
Ehh, maybe a long shot but you wouldn't mind remove the monitor chassis and send to Sweden? My DK I bought has a defunct chassis and the seller who imported take forever to get it fixed and I don't think it will be repaired since he only got the chassis and my guess is that the tube need a rejuvenation.

Anyway, there are what we know, 4 of these monitors, Sanyo EZ20 in Sweden so they don't grow on trees here.

Or wait? Is it a Sharp monitor on yours?

Anyway #2, whatever the chassis is, is it possible for you to remove it and send? Without the metalplate since it will increase the shippingcost alot. I'll pay for the shippingcost of course. If not, I understand.

Thanks
DK 868100 KS Hell ya!
DK j.r  689300 KS
DK j.r 871500 lvl C
DK3 1498900
CK 391400 Lvl 15
Member for 10 Years DKJR Killscreener Twitch Streamer DK Killscreener