Author Topic: Hitbox Diagram  (Read 32029 times)

Offline f_symbols

• Spring Jumper
  • wht u mean
    • Awards
Re: Hitbox Diagram
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2013, 08:00:30 am »
Yes Jeff, I agree about the 16*16. Initially I had proposed that because some of the sprites are asymmetrical in width (fire), that the offset must occur when sprites face left or right, however we followed through, with enough detail, to determine that it was not an  x,y coordinate shift, we never looked at sprite offset.

All of the sprites I analyzed fell within the 16x16 parameter; ie. The sideways barrel is 16 wide. I'm away from home right now, but I will update my sprite diagram to include all sprites in the game and post it this evening.  The exorbitant number of jumpman sprites had me turned off (there's like 10 hammer sprites), but we may as well have them all done once and for all and figure everything out, while the interest is still here...

This was the initial sprite diagram, I will update it later to include more sprites.

« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 08:07:32 am by f_symbols »
Member for 11 Years Former DK Remix World Record Holder DK Remix Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer Blogger DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
Re: Hitbox Diagram
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2015, 02:18:17 am »
BUMP!!!

1. Just wondering if we solidified our certainty on these hitboxes and what constitutes a collision.

2. Was wondering if we A) have info on the hitbox of the hammer, as well as B) are we certain that Jumpman's hitbox remains the same while he is airborne.

3. Lastly, I was also wondering about how the hitbox/edge of the wall works. In particular, I was wondering why if one is pressed directly up against a wall that it prevents you from doing a true jump.

Thanks for any assistance/answers.  <Mruczek>
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 02:20:15 am by marinomitch13 »
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer