Author Topic: Verification Assistants  (Read 5217 times)

corey.chambers

Verification Assistants
« on: August 06, 2013, 12:59:51 am »
Since we have several new Donkey Kong lists I wanted to recruit a couple people that would be willing to assist in verifying inp and wlf files. It does not need to be the same people, just who ever wishes to step in and help. The process is very simple.

1) Download the zip folder containing the inp and wlf file. Then unzip it to access the files.

2) Open up your wlfviewer which is located in your Wolf folder. If you have trouble finding it or running it let me know I will find the link to some files you need to download to get it to work. You will basically use this program to check the emulation speed, which should be 99% or higher, and the check sum in the last tab, which all three should say ok. Also check the date of the file and make sure that it was created when it is said the score was achieved. If not let me know.

3) Playback the inp file. Make sure you do not have any cheats enabled when you do this.  Fast forward the game all the way to the end. I usually set it to skip 11 frames and hit the throttle button to fast forward it. Just verify that the inp fits the special rules of which ever list is submitted. If it is no hammer, make sure there are no hammer grabs, verify that the end score is what it should be, if mario dies before the submitted score then let me know, if it is 1-1 just make sure they clear the level and see a rivet screen, and initials are put in that match the player. See the special rules on their respective lists for details.

4) Make a post in the score submissions thread that you have verified a certain zip folder.

I plan to update as much as possible. But if anyone feels like they want to help me by verifying an inp every now and then, that would be very cool. Thanks.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 01:06:09 am by corey.chambers »

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
Re: Verification Assistants
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2013, 02:08:38 am »
**raises his hand**

I'd be willing to help.
"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Member for 11 Years snek CK Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline stella_blue

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2013, 05:05:42 am »

I can verify a few scores here and there.  I plan to generate game summaries (with player approval) for most of the high-end scores anyway, so the exercise might as well serve a dual purpose.

Notice how I seamlessly worked a Grateful Dead song title into that last sentence?   :)

DK High Score 
  (L22-1)
DK Level 1-1 
DK No Hammer 
  (L15-2)
Member for 11 Years Most Time Online DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

corey.chambers

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2013, 04:38:02 pm »
There is some work for me to do that can be shared if anyone is interested.

As you all know I have recently created the Start High Score List. At this time I only have two verified inps for the list. So keep those submissions coming. However, I have lots of inps and games on the high score list that I could check to see what their start was. It may not be their highest but it would get them on the list. I am sure you may know of some twitch highlights of people's starts as well. So, if anyone is feeling ambitious please feel free to do a little investigating and compile the start information that we already have. If anyone has a start that is not included in your high score then please submit those inp and wlf files or your twitch highlights. Thanks.

P.S. If you do any of this compiling just post it in the submissions thread. If it was from there inp or link on the HSL then just note that and I can get the links for the Start list. Thank you in advanced to that brave soul who ventures to do this if I don't get to it first. :)

corey.chambers

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2013, 11:04:52 pm »
In addition to the verification process, which I am so happy that a few people have stepped up to assist in making this process more expedient when I am not as available, I have added the High Score Lists to my dropbox making it possible for me to share the excel sheets with a select few who would also be willing to assist in updating those files. I would need to update the post on the forum but this would be easy for me to do. Please send me a personal message if you have a dropbox account and would like to assist in updating the excel file which I will then use to update the post once I verify the update. I will also have a back up of these files in case someone with access makes a mistake. I would appreciate it. Thank you.