Author Topic: Submitting scores from a Mac?  (Read 15815 times)

WCopeland

Re: Submitting scores from a Mac?
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2014, 03:41:02 pm »
fk i'm just gonna stop posting Kappa

Offline stella_blue

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2014, 11:01:33 pm »
One of the HSL moderators should probably speak up.

Geez, where are those guys when you need them?   8)

EDIT:  I'll post something in a day or two.  But first, Jeremy and I will have to confer via PM.

« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 11:18:55 pm by stella_blue »
DK High Score 
  (L22-1)
DK Level 1-1 
DK No Hammer 
  (L15-2)
Member for 11 Years Most Time Online DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline mrvaya

• Awards
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2014, 10:27:24 am »
Guess it would be a lot easier to confirm scores if mame-developers payed more attention to the competiveness of arcade gaming and made "no-cheat-tournament-editions" of their software. Why are there no focus on this part?? The first one to make an updated crossplatform version could perhaps be the new official software on all rankingsites. What do you think?
Member for 10 Years DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline gstrain

• Awards
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2014, 11:52:20 am »
Guess it would be a lot easier to confirm scores if mame-developers payed more attention to the competiveness of arcade gaming and made "no-cheat-tournament-editions" of their software. Why are there no focus on this part?? The first one to make an updated crossplatform version could perhaps be the new official software on all rankingsites. What do you think?
Source code diffs for WolfMAME are available so in theory you could build your own version for OS X based on the base SDLMAME versions and the WolfMAME code diff.  This requires a fair bit of technical skill though.  I think the demand for Mac and even Linux versions of WolfMAME has been low enough that nobody has stepped up and is generating executables for them for distribution each WolfMAME release.   Mahlemiut at MARP seems to sometimes be building Linux executables and making them available.

You can read more here http://forums.marpirc.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=14711&hilit=sdlmame&start=15

WolfMAME source and executables are available at http://wolfmame.marpirc.net/

I'm not sure if you might run into compatibility issues with .inp files across platforms.  It's the same source, so in theory they should be cross platform, but I haven't seen anybody submit any SDLMAME based .inp files from OS X to MARP.  I have seen SDLMAME based .inp files from Linux and have had success playing them back in WolfMAME in Windows.

-George
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 11:58:31 am by gstrain »
Member for 11 Years DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener Twitch Streamer

Offline mrvaya

• Awards
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2014, 04:02:46 pm »
Hey George. Thank you very much for pointing me to that link. Looks very interesting if it is possible to make a wolfmame executable for mac. I tried to look into it - but for sure cannot figure out how to make it.

If anyone have technical insight to help it would be much appreciated.
Member for 10 Years DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer