Author Topic: Japan Set high scores and Ideas  (Read 5131 times)

cheetah33p

Japan Set high scores and Ideas
« on: July 07, 2013, 11:48:19 pm »
Hello Corey and everyone who is reading my message,
      I thought why not have like mini tournaments using the different versions of Donkey Kong like the Japan Sets including the US sets too and have a chance to win something like nostalgia or something cool!  :-).  I've never won anything online before and would be kinda cool to have a chance at winning something!  :-).  Even a DK hat or something cool like that or a DK shirt or something!  :-).  Too bad not a DK USB Controller!  :-).  LOL!  Just an idea! 

corey.chambers

Re: Japan Set high scores and Ideas
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2013, 11:58:48 pm »
There are different tournaments at different times such as the WCR or a no-hammer challenge. There very could be a fun Japan Set challenge at any time if people are interested. It is actually difficult for newer players to win anything in a tournament, at least the ones I have seen. Ethan and I, in the future, will be talking about a possible pay-to-play format where a small registration fee of $10, or something like that, will go into a pot, and then we would break up the participants into divisions, and then players can place 1st, 2nd, or 3rd in their own division and a small portion of the pot. We are still discussing the idea, but it would greatly depend on those who are interested. I am thinking that since more people will have a chance to win something that there may be more interest by younger players who could win their own skill division, whether based on high score, or a rating concept that Ethan and I have been talking about. All drawing board stuff. Once these other DK games have high score lists I am sure there will be more interest in getting their name on the board.

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2013, 06:49:20 am »
Corey, if you guys are gonna plan some sort of tournament, I suggest making a poll to see what game people would want to play most (you can exclude normal DK from the options, if you want).
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

corey.chambers

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2013, 08:08:30 am »
Obviously, the tournament idea that Ethan and I are working on will be US Set 1, so that both MAME and Arcade players can participate. I personally don't have interest in the other rom sets even though I had started on Japan Set 1. I actually encourage new players practice with Japan Set 1 but again it is just as easy or even faster to just do the same four boards with save states. A day before I got my first killscreen I had done the pie stage 100 times to see what my success rate was. I got 89% at that time and then I had the confidence I needed.