Author Topic: DK Score Submissions  (Read 1440668 times)

corey.chambers

Re: Score Submissions
« Reply #45 on: July 12, 2013, 12:05:38 am »
Tom, thanks for your question. This is definitely the thread to post your new scores whether they fit the criteria or not. Whether it fits the criteria or not is another question. I wrote and advertised the updated rules since before the WCR #3, and put some more details to it recently and reformatted the list rules. I had this posted on the front of the page as well in the thread to make sure that everyone has read and understood the criteria. Essentially, the criteria is there to protect the integrity of the list and I am sure we all agree gives value to the list. I appreciate you sharing your link, but unfortunately I have never reversed any of the development which the criteria has gone through. No matter how low or high the score I must apply the criteria to every submission without extending any favoritism or applying a double standard. It was suggested at one time for there to be a "non-verified' or a "semi-verified" division but at the same time the posts in this thread serve as a good way for players to update the community. If you have a blog thread, that would be a great place to keep us updated on your progress. I would like for you to get a score that would not require any special exception. If you have done it once, I know you will do it again. Always bother to gather as much evidence for your game as possible. I want the same level of certainty to exist for all the scores on the list, not just the top half of the list. Don't let this be a discouragement to you, keep at it, and you will not only beat this score, but we will make sure that it gets on the list next time. :)

tom bradley

« Reply #46 on: July 12, 2013, 12:10:43 am »
Ah, ok. I'll have to do It again soon then :P

corey.chambers

« Reply #47 on: July 12, 2013, 07:40:57 pm »
Tom, Thanks for your understanding and patience.

Everyone, I am about 3 minutes away from completing the score updates for the following people:

Jason Nugent
Nick Sheils
Jason Brittain

I apologize for the lapse of time. As you may already know I had been completing the finishing touches on the Barrel Training Video, both parts.

Also, once I put this next list update up in a few moments, you may also note that I added the Twitch link for Vincent's high score, and with the permission of Jeff Willms, I included the INP for his game.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 07:42:49 pm by corey.chambers »

Fast Eddie

« Reply #48 on: July 12, 2013, 09:06:31 pm »
1,237,900 for the no killscreen track  :D

8)

corey.chambers

« Reply #49 on: July 12, 2013, 09:39:04 pm »
Thanks, Jon, it will be up and ready very shortly. To be honest, I now have these no killscreen files and the wild barrel hack files and I still don't understand how to use them, lol. Any suggestions?

Mitch has first place in wild barrel hack doesn't he?

I think it should be required for the no killscreen submission to be at least beyond the killscreen for the score to be posted, otherwise the list is not relevant to the reason of the list.

EDIT: Jon, the inp that I have only plays to about 40K, I would need to know how to work with the rom files you shared with me, thanks.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 09:59:05 pm by corey.chambers »

Fast Eddie

« Reply #50 on: July 12, 2013, 10:11:48 pm »
they just go in the rom folder, then you play like normal, but the rom has to be called dkong so you can only have one in there at a time...

i just make copies of the whole mame folder as its only like 43mb with no inps, then put the copies in my mame folder and name them wild barrel hack, killscreen fix etc. then i go to the one i want to play, so im starting a different mame.exe for each rom and dont have to mess around renaming/moving files...

8)

Fast Eddie

« Reply #51 on: July 12, 2013, 10:24:37 pm »
thats wierd i would expect it to play right up to the killscreen then kill me on a normal rom, just tested on mine and it plays past 50k, ill attach again...

corey.chambers

« Reply #52 on: July 12, 2013, 10:45:49 pm »
I thought it was strange also. I got your rom to work and it plays past that point so we are good. Still can't get the wild barrel hack to work though.  :'(

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: July 12, 2013, 11:04:10 pm »
Corey, the Jasons' scores are reversed in the HSL.  ;D
"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Member for 11 Years snek CK Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

corey.chambers

« Reply #54 on: July 12, 2013, 11:39:40 pm »
Jeremy, thanks for bringing that to my attention. The reversal has been reversed. :)

corey.chambers

« Reply #55 on: July 13, 2013, 12:02:40 pm »
Adrian put up another good game up on youtube. A score of 474,900! I would like to get this verified, Adrian! [noembed]Adrian's Youtube Video[/noembed]

I would recommend subscribing to his channel. I am sure he will be showing his DK machine and improving his score again very soon!

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: July 13, 2013, 08:03:32 pm »
Are we making a list for the WB-hack? If so, I need to get some new ram so I can stream MAME!!!!
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

corey.chambers

« Reply #57 on: July 13, 2013, 08:15:57 pm »
This is correct, Mitch. I am still trying to get the Barrel hack to work on my computer. Are there instuctions on how to do this?

corey.chambers

« Reply #58 on: July 15, 2013, 06:06:49 am »
Those submitting scores to the No-Killscreen Track will need to use the attached rom so that everything will be the same. This will be linked in the High Score List for No-Killscreen track.

corey.chambers

« Reply #59 on: July 15, 2013, 06:21:54 am »
If you are submitting to the Wild Barrel HSL then you need to use the attached Rom.